Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 08-19-2019, 06:53 AM #31
Interim Champion

Quoted: 307 Post(s)
mick1303 is a splendid one to beholdmick1303 is a splendid one to beholdmick1303 is a splendid one to beholdmick1303 is a splendid one to beholdmick1303 is a splendid one to beholdmick1303 is a splendid one to behold
Bank: 1,403.76
Total Points: 11,984.06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvelozpotosino View Post
Being that Canelo was the smaller fighter coming up.. wouldn't GGG had the task to stop Canelo ?
Last fight before GGG Canelo had at 164. This "coming up" was mostly for marketing purposes. He fought in the lower weights while still growing. Once he did grow to his full size, even MW seems too hard to make for him.
mick1303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-19-2019, 07:32 AM #32
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 600 Post(s)
apollocreed has a reputation beyond reputeapollocreed has a reputation beyond reputeapollocreed has a reputation beyond reputeapollocreed has a reputation beyond reputeapollocreed has a reputation beyond reputeapollocreed has a reputation beyond reputeapollocreed has a reputation beyond reputeapollocreed has a reputation beyond reputeapollocreed has a reputation beyond reputeapollocreed has a reputation beyond reputeapollocreed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,257.88
Total Points: 24,725.44

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyBeingHonest View Post
Question (maybe, future thread topic): why is GGG a future HOFer (most experts opinion), yet Kov is classified as likely borderline HOFer. Personally I thought Kov had a better pro career by far (competition wise, not earnings). Do you think GGG's pro career was better, and would you personally classify GGG as a HOFer?
I was looking through Kov's boxrec to remind myself of his resume - he doesn't really have many notable names. Hopkins is actually his best win, followed by Pascal. After that I'd probably say it was Alvarez. He's actually fought more than his fair share of soft opponents since he beat Cleverly for his first belt.
Obviously he fought a HOF'er in Ward but I'm talking about wins.
apollocreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 07:36 AM #33
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 600 Post(s)
apollocreed has a reputation beyond reputeapollocreed has a reputation beyond reputeapollocreed has a reputation beyond reputeapollocreed has a reputation beyond reputeapollocreed has a reputation beyond reputeapollocreed has a reputation beyond reputeapollocreed has a reputation beyond reputeapollocreed has a reputation beyond reputeapollocreed has a reputation beyond reputeapollocreed has a reputation beyond reputeapollocreed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,257.88
Total Points: 24,725.44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corelone View Post
If Yarde loses bad, it will affect his career. He doesn't have a lot to fall back on. If he loses in a questionable or robbery type decision, maybe not, but if he doesn't wobble or drop Kovalev, he's going to lose bad.
Yeah that's what I think. Losing this fight shouldn't be the end of his career - but if he's shocked by Kov's power and ends up taking a brutal loss, he may never be the same fighter.
In that case Warren would keep away from the top dogs at 175 and pick his fights VERY carefully.
apollocreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 11:11 PM #34
Contender

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
DeeMoney has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMoney has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMoney has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMoney has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMoney has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMoney has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMoney has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMoney has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMoney has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMoney has a reputation beyond reputeDeeMoney has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,315.63
Total Points: 16,090.94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvelozpotosino View Post
Being that Canelo was the smaller fighter coming up.. wouldn't GGG had the task to stop Canelo ?
I dont think so. Just because a guy came up doesnt mean the other guy has to ko him. Both guys start off an even footing in my mind; you evaluate on what they do, not what you think they should do
DeeMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 12:45 AM #35
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 5519 Post(s)
Vlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 413,254.90
Total Points: 414,572.62
Mayweather Children Charity Foundation Medal - Mike D Good posts. Keep them coming. - 1bad65 Cheers, good sir! - Tony Trick-Pony Nice posting, bruh... - Tony Trick-Pony Thanx For The Interesting Conversation! - S7V7N 
Cheers, bruh... - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollocreed View Post
I was looking through Kov's boxrec to remind myself of his resume - he doesn't really have many notable names. Hopkins is actually his best win, followed by Pascal. After that I'd probably say it was Alvarez. He's actually fought more than his fair share of soft opponents since he beat Cleverly for his first belt.
Obviously he fought a HOF'er in Ward but I'm talking about wins.
Kovalev fought all those willing. Besides Stevenson, who was there to fight at the time at LHW that Kovalev did not?
Vlad_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 08:17 AM #36
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1050 Post(s)
P4Pdunny has a reputation beyond reputeP4Pdunny has a reputation beyond reputeP4Pdunny has a reputation beyond reputeP4Pdunny has a reputation beyond reputeP4Pdunny has a reputation beyond reputeP4Pdunny has a reputation beyond reputeP4Pdunny has a reputation beyond reputeP4Pdunny has a reputation beyond reputeP4Pdunny has a reputation beyond reputeP4Pdunny has a reputation beyond reputeP4Pdunny has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,335.46
Total Points: 44,653.86

This is nonsense. Yarde has nothing to lose except an unbeaten record which doesn't mean much relative to the opponents he's been in with. If he puts up a good showing and loses then his stock will rise.

Fury talks too much nonsense.
P4Pdunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends