Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arum was right, PBC doesn’t share its toys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stevenson was mandated by the WBC to fight Gvozdyk.

De La Hoya seems willing to throw Munguia in with GGG and Canelo, so I’m not sure Tony Harrison is worrying him.

Would showtime pay to bring Farmer over? I know DAZN would pay for Davis. All I’ve seen Davis fight on showtime is bum after bum.

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
    the pbc wont make fights outside of their stable when they have a deep stable in said division...thats why you get lara/hurd....hurd/jrock....charlo/harrison....and the WWs fighting each other...because they have good enough matchups in house to do so....and every other outfit in the business would do the same in that circumstance

its hilarious how u mention stevenson and how gvozdyk/beterbiev are in "talks"...yet its just talks..and u fail to mention that stevenson defended against the guy from another outfit....it was staring u right in the face...

ask oscar how willing he is to throw munguia in with hurd or charlo.....

you are confusing people protecting their network investments with refusing to work with other guys.....of course haymon is going to feed his own matchups to the networks that are paying him for it.....

u had tank calling out tevin farmer last night and saying "oh trust me it can get done".....but how willing are they to have farmer come over and fight on showtime? ask yourself that....cause i bet showtime would be willing to put up for it

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
      lol@thinking loma wanted to fight mikey garcia
      He fought the other guy Garcia avoided and he’s trying to unify every title at 135 which Garcia refused to do.

Comment

We'll soon see who Charlo fights next. He's running out of Dick Adams for his showcase fights. Most of the top tens, who he hasn't fought a single one, are on the other side of the street.

We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Collazo
          Rivas
          Charles Martin
          Andy Ruiz
          Sulecki
          Jacobs
          Felix Diaz
          Fortuna
          Payano
          Szpilka

Just a few names off the top of my head who are PBC fighters who have fought on other networks recently.
          Notice a common factor though? All guys who were either not given much of a chance or are past it. They don't mind cashing in. Jacobs isn't a PBC fighter too. That's the only time they make exceptions. You only helped further the point being made here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
            They’re all supposed to be victims and they’re getting a shot at another promoters title. They ain’t sharing a champion.
            Originally posted by BoloShot View Post
            Notice a common factor though? All guys who were either not given much of a chance or are past it. They don't mind cashing in. Jacobs isn't a PBC fighter too. That's the only time they make exceptions. You only helped further the point being made here.
            I was listening to Arum yesterday say he never sent Danny Garcia a contract to fight Crawford. He said he made a verbal offer to Garcia's father. He was told to talk to Al. Her never called him. These people are not trying to make fights. Notice Ramirez gets a one off fight with Hooker but Jermall & Davis have to sign contracts with Hearn.

Comment

Agree with this thread. Fuk the PBC.

Comment

That's what happens when you try to destroy by suing and boycott them Arum.

Comment

Yeah but they're not pretending to. This goes back to GBP back when Haymon and Schaefer were running things and nuked the company when DLH came out of rehab and demanded they start working with Top Rank again.

But this is their gameplan. Its why they were able to secure half a billion dollar investment. Theyre aiming to become the UFC of boxing and have a defacto monopoly on boxing in America, with the other promoters becoming the Bellators and Invictas of the world.

Whether that happens, we'll see, but as long as the other major promoters continue to make fights across one-anothers platforms, it's going to be more difficult to get to where theyre going. DAZN emerging and Top Rank going to ESPN have thrown a few wrenches in that plan, but I'm thinking once the DAZN money dries up (they either move into bigger sports or stop pushing America so hard) PBC is going to continue to expand.

Comment

Andy Ruiz just went over to DAZN and whipped Anthony Joshua's ass.

It's like the biggest boxing story of 2019. How could you miss it?

Comment

What about Dominic Wade vs GGG????

Comment

Working...
                      X