Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 06-09-2019, 04:08 AM #1
Speed Can Kill

Quoted: 306 Post(s)
Century Tuna has much to be proud ofCentury Tuna has much to be proud ofCentury Tuna has much to be proud ofCentury Tuna has much to be proud ofCentury Tuna has much to be proud ofCentury Tuna has much to be proud ofCentury Tuna has much to be proud ofCentury Tuna has much to be proud of
Bank: 1,270.49
Total Points: 29,738.85
No Message - Sip Sip 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Century Tuna Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Century Tuna 
Post Ruiz is a great boxer and I don't see how AJ is going to beat him.

AJ is good at mid range distance, but not long distance. Ruiz was his worst nightmare at mid-range. Hands are too fast, he hits too hard, got a solid chin, but most of all... His counter punching is unbelievable. The left hook will strike Joshua again.
Century Tuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-09-2019, 04:12 AM #2
Hittin' the heavy bag.

Quoted: 13604 Post(s)
Redd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,389.82
Total Points: 1,063,579.26
Buy another heavy bag, dog. - punchr Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. No Message - stephenmc Cheers to a great poster - Sergey Kovalev Even though I often disagree with you, I still enjoy reading your posts.  Here's a beer. - j0zef 
sit on this, man. it will relax you. best wishes, punchr - punchr No Message - Scott. Weiland Great post, man. - anthonydavid11 Red's all about quality! - BoxingFan85 No Message - Scott. Weiland 
Peace out, brother, I was just clowning around. - !! Anorak Happy Easter and sh*t. - DionysusX Cheers! - anthonydavid11 One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder LOL - Tony Trick-Pony 
Because you're cool - jaded &quot;no more than 3 replies&quot; dumbass ) - Ogecca MaMa since you think negative of others. f*ck yourself with it - Ogecca MaMa Block this you queer. - denium Stay classy , my friend! - Tony Trick-Pony 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Ogecca MaMa Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa 

IDK. McCracken we telling him to keep range and movement and AJ didn't do it. If he follows his coach next time he can make this a nightmare for Ruiz. If AJ wants to create space and circle, what's Ruiz going to do?

I think, for Ruiz to win, AJ has to fuk up again.
Redd Foxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 04:18 AM #3
Speed Can Kill

Quoted: 306 Post(s)
Century Tuna has much to be proud ofCentury Tuna has much to be proud ofCentury Tuna has much to be proud ofCentury Tuna has much to be proud ofCentury Tuna has much to be proud ofCentury Tuna has much to be proud ofCentury Tuna has much to be proud ofCentury Tuna has much to be proud of
Bank: 1,270.49
Total Points: 29,738.85
No Message - Sip Sip 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Century Tuna Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Century Tuna 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Foxx View Post
IDK. McCracken we telling him to keep range and movement and AJ didn't do it. If he follows his coach next time he can make this a nightmare for Ruiz. If AJ wants to create space and circle, what's Ruiz going to do?

What I saw:
A few times AJ landed a good hit and tried to follow it up
But was caught off guard when Ruiz didnít quite back down and just went forward throwing punches.

AJ can punch that much is true!
AR can take a hit and keep on ticking

At least that is how I saw it! And thought that AJ never really recovered after he went down the first time.
Century Tuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 04:31 AM #4
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3802 Post(s)
billeau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,663.18
Total Points: 164,872.45
Grade A explanation of punching technique. - - Ram Raid - Knowledgeable - -Weltschmerz- Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Lmao - -Scott-Weiland- 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - lparm 

I would have to agree to a large extent with the OP here...Red knows I think the world of him regardless. What AJ had to do was step back and not get pushed off his base when he is punching...sounds pretty simple and all...

But AJ does not have the footwork yet, it just has not developed to a point where he can time Ruiz as he steps back and uses his reach. AJ is very talented but has not had the experience of fighting a good pressure guy who has enough experience to play with range, and the confidence to hit at anything to get AJ moving back.

What it appears we are left with is a belief that AJ just has to do a few things to get on track. Aj took a beating so psychologically he has to get his confidance back, remember Ronda Roussey? Confidance can kill ya!

Aj also has to realize what Ruiz is doing and I am not so sure he does realize yet what the problem is. Ruiz constantly pressures and is moving even when connecting. his fast hands make it hard to counter him as well. If AJ had done like Chisora for example, and fought em all, lose win or draw, he would naturally learn how to encounter a pressure fighter cutting the ring off. With no such experience and... a corner that may/may not realize what Ruiz is doing to AJ (keeping him unbalanced) its crap shoot.

Aj can punch well and has good combo punching. He needs to study now to keep Ruiz at the tip of his extended arms. i don't see it happening though. The next fight will prolly look like Roussey Nunes.
billeau2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 05:44 AM #5
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1391 Post(s)
sunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,376.03
Total Points: 108,859.10
Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- 

He's got to fight with the mentality Barrera had against Hamed, when you hurt the guy don't follow in and go for the kill.

I think Josh has earned enough respect with his power that Ruiz knows he can't just walk through him so Joshua needs to use the jab and run his punches up the middle, the knock out will come but you've got to soften a guy like Ruiz up first.

The big complication for Joshua is that:

A: He has to compartmentalize the loss mentally
B. He still has to sit down on his shots a little
C. Ruiz knows he can hurt him, at points in the fight he will go for the kill, especially if he's desperate, can Josh handle the heat?

I'll be impressed if Joshua can pull it off, but I'll be equally impressed if Ruiz repeats, it could be a classic fight. This is not a Rahman situation, Ruiz can fight and they aren't miles apart in ability.
sunny31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 05:52 AM #6
Poon Slayer

Quoted: 2667 Post(s)
CORN POP has a reputation beyond reputeCORN POP has a reputation beyond reputeCORN POP has a reputation beyond reputeCORN POP has a reputation beyond reputeCORN POP has a reputation beyond reputeCORN POP has a reputation beyond reputeCORN POP has a reputation beyond reputeCORN POP has a reputation beyond reputeCORN POP has a reputation beyond reputeCORN POP has a reputation beyond reputeCORN POP has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 241,042.96
Total Points: 301,983.08
I was born in India u stupid faggot, but I grew up in NY.  I have brown skin, AND I AM HINDU!  U stupid faggot.  My wife is Filipina and my brother in law is half black.  Get used to it. - HAMMER77777 I was born in India u stupid faggot, but I grew up in NY.  I have brown skin, AND I AM HINDU!  U stupid faggot.  My wife is Filipina and my brother in law is half black.  Get used to it. - HAMMER77777 I was born in India u stupid faggot, but I grew up in NY.  I have brown skin, AND I AM HINDU!  U stupid faggot.  My wife is Filipina and my brother in law is half black.  Get used to it. - HAMMER77777 I was born in India u stupid faggot, but I grew up in NY.  I have brown skin, AND I AM HINDU!  U stupid faggot.  My wife is Filipina and my brother in law is half black.  Get used to it. - HAMMER77777 Here, go fuck yourself faggot. - HAMMER77777 
Youre nothing but a troll and I ain't letting u get away with it.   U about to be banned. - HAMMER77777 I'm going to have u banned for personal attacks.  Permanently.  Idiot - HAMMER77777 Suck on this. - HAMMER77777 Cheers bro - anthonydavid11 Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Happy New Years Bro! - Teetotaler Happy 2018, Bobby! - anthonydavid11 Eat well, brotha! - Tony Trick-Pony Them dollas, cuh - Tony Trick-Pony Dat fat fvck be trippin, doe - Tony Trick-Pony 
LOL - Tony Trick-Pony Respek, Deezel... - Tony Trick-Pony Great post, my dude... - Tony Trick-Pony Cheers bruh - denium Keep making those trolls cry - 1bad65 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Foxx View Post

I don't think AJ liked the pressure Ruiz was putting on him and he wanted to try something different. I think they were worried about the speed of Andy.
CORN POP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 06:05 AM #7
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3709 Post(s)
hugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,389.82
Total Points: 63,861.60
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - rorymac Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - I'm so sorry 

Josh can win. He can even start favourite again but not silly odds. Certainly a picke m fight now
hugh grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 07:07 AM #8
Still Smokin'

Quoted: 7856 Post(s)
LacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,342.14
Total Points: 91,670.55
A glass of the finest French wine - QuebecSTAR2 Thank u sir. - Trudoe Thanks for the help - mathed Thanks for the help - mathed For shitting all over Weltz's B1tch T1Ts - Col. Hans Landa 
This should come in handy when sheltering from the shower of shite that is Rammstein's posts. - Finn No Message - Scott-Weiland No Message - -jose- Happy New Year m8 - HughJass Aww god loves a tryer - Salim_Shady 
Little baby wanna cry ? - Scott-Weiland specially made by Wlad, he loves his haters too f@ggot - ThatLeftaMarc Fury openly pays for his fan's dildos - NapoleonCake No Message - mathed No Message - mathed 
Hopefully no vibrator needed and just a good fight no excuses. - Scott-Weiland Happy Christmas/Holidays, all the best for 2016. - Box-Office Flamboyant poster - Weltschmerz No Message - MDPopescu Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Weltschmerz- Gay and Lesbian Pride - Scott-Weiland Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Scott.Weiland. Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Scott.Weiland. Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Scott.Weiland. 

I just watched AJ vs Povetkin, and he seemed to be a lot more focused in that fight. Even in the first few rounds, and he needs to be focused.

If he is, he can win, and could win easily. If not, obviously we've seen what happened.
LacedUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 07:24 AM #9
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 6312 Post(s)
MDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,594,975.79
Total Points: 2,604,674.18
Thanks for the drink and I always buy a beer back ..respect - Steve plunger Good luck with your picks! - 1hourRun Cheers mate! - kafkod Great posts, sir - anthonydavid11 Keep up the good fight - -KULT- 
Cheers - Nomadic Cause pizza is great, I just had one - Mighty_Windir No Message - Dean_Razorback Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Cheers! - kafkod 
Cheers, bud - Pain~Lucy Have a beer! - CLUBBER! Great poster - Chrismart thanks for the points - Dean_Razorback Thx bro... - jaded 
Thanks! Cheers! - GhostofDempsey Cheers! - GhostofDempsey SlŠinte .. Good health :) - kafkod Cheers. No thanks but cheers. Haha - Tony Trick-Pony Thx - jaded 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - MDPopescu Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Weltschmerz Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - jas Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Turd Best Ever Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Turd Best Ever 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Century Tuna View Post
Ruiz is a great boxer and I don't see how AJ is going to beat him.

AJ is good at mid range distance, but not long distance. Ruiz was his worst nightmare at mid-range. Hands are too fast, he hits too hard, got a solid chin, but most of all... His counter punching is unbelievable. The left hook will strike Joshua again.
... it's more "complicated"... most of AJ's straight rights are coming from "distance"... while his his hooks (mostly left) are coming from mid-range, of course... AJ's main problem is that he doesn't hold o proper defense and inside game...
MDPopescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 07:34 AM #10
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 6312 Post(s)
MDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,594,975.79
Total Points: 2,604,674.18
Thanks for the drink and I always buy a beer back ..respect - Steve plunger Good luck with your picks! - 1hourRun Cheers mate! - kafkod Great posts, sir - anthonydavid11 Keep up the good fight - -KULT- 
Cheers - Nomadic Cause pizza is great, I just had one - Mighty_Windir No Message - Dean_Razorback Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Cheers! - kafkod 
Cheers, bud - Pain~Lucy Have a beer! - CLUBBER! Great poster - Chrismart thanks for the points - Dean_Razorback Thx bro... - jaded 
Thanks! Cheers! - GhostofDempsey Cheers! - GhostofDempsey SlŠinte .. Good health :) - kafkod Cheers. No thanks but cheers. Haha - Tony Trick-Pony Thx - jaded 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - MDPopescu Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Weltschmerz Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - jas Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Turd Best Ever Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Turd Best Ever 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billeau2 View Post
I would have to agree to a large extent with the OP here...Red knows I think the world of him regardless. What AJ had to do was step back and not get pushed off his base when he is punching...sounds pretty simple and all...

But AJ does not have the footwork yet, it just has not developed to a point where he can time Ruiz as he steps back and uses his reach. AJ is very talented but has not had the experience of fighting a good pressure guy who has enough experience to play with range, and the confidence to hit at anything to get AJ moving back.

What it appears we are left with is a belief that AJ just has to do a few things to get on track. Aj took a beating so psychologically he has to get his confidance back, remember Ronda Roussey? Confidance can kill ya!

Aj also has to realize what Ruiz is doing and I am not so sure he does realize yet what the problem is. Ruiz constantly pressures and is moving even when connecting. his fast hands make it hard to counter him as well. If AJ had done like Chisora for example, and fought em all, lose win or draw, he would naturally learn how to encounter a pressure fighter cutting the ring off. With no such experience and... a corner that may/may not realize what Ruiz is doing to AJ (keeping him unbalanced) its crap shoot.

Aj can punch well and has good combo punching. He needs to study now to keep Ruiz at the tip of his extended arms. i don't see it happening though. The next fight will prolly look like Roussey Nunes.
... forget the OP...

... please try and watch AJ's head movement and upper body movement... and his "inside game skills" under pressure...
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
MDPopescu is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
beat, boxer, don't, great, him., ruiz