Vergil Ortiz Jr by Decision 1 7.14%
Antonio Orozco by T/KO 0 0%
Antonio Orozco by Decision 0 0%
Draw/Too close 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2019, 01:21 AM #261
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 8314 Post(s)
bigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,981.04
Total Points: 149,541.61
Great post, man! - anthonydavid11 awesome posts - DramaShow- awesome posts - DramaShow- awesome posts - DramaShow- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by indelible View Post
First off, take compubox out of the equation cause even real boxing fans know that’s a joke. Second, Ortiz and Ramirez are not the same class of fighters to draw a comparison. Third, this is about Ortiz, not about other prospects. Ortiz had a scrape on the forehead and that’s from getting hit so do not talk to me about defense. He relied on his speed and power and blew off his load cause he was trying to go for the KO.
You are all over the map and still didn't answer my question. Stop running and answer my question where do you rank Ortiz's defense amongst other prospects? Because it's already better then most of his peers. So Ortiz doesn't have good defense because you said he was hit cleanly too much even though my eyes and compubox says Orozco had problems landing cleanly on Ortiz where as he didn't have this problem landing on Jose Ramirez. That's my point Ramirez is a world champ in his prime older with way more pro fights and Orozco landed over 250 punches at double the connect rate. So what the phuk are you talking about pretending that Ortiz some how has a defensive liability?

You refuse to acknowledge compubox but got the nerve to say ortiz has bad defense because he fought a top contender and left with only a tiny scrape on his head? LMAO And got the nerve to call anyone casual. SMH

Last edited by bigdunny1; 08-12-2019 at 01:24 AM.
bigdunny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-12-2019, 01:26 AM #262
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 8314 Post(s)
bigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,981.04
Total Points: 149,541.61
Great post, man! - anthonydavid11 awesome posts - DramaShow- awesome posts - DramaShow- awesome posts - DramaShow- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by indelible View Post
Why else do you think Ortiz wasn’t impressed with himself? As for Teofimo, I’m no fan of his but I’m sure you were a former cheerleader of his when he appeared to be a knockout artist till he exposed his weaknesses. You’re what we call a “bandwagon”. All hot for Ortiz but if he were to get beaten or KO you would jump off his dick and label him a hype job.
Ortiz face wasn't beat up if you think that's being roughed up you need to see what other other fighters face looks like. Orozco offense fell off a cliff compared to any fights in career including Ramirez. And Ortiz's defensive technique is better then most his peers. I'm not saying he's the next Pernell Whitaker I'm saying his defense is already better then most he's not a mindless brawler he has top amateur pedigree he's not Munguia and his defense is already better then world champs like Ramirez which is why he wasn't hit anywhere near like Ramirez was by Orozco.

As for Ortiz saying he's not satisfied and can be better that don't mean he didn't fight well it means he's humble and never satisfied. Tom Brady throws for 400 yards and after the game says he's not happy and needs to be better. Does that mean he didn't play well? I think you are nit picking and holding Ortiz to standard you are not holding other world champs like Ramirez to or other top prospects.

Last edited by bigdunny1; 08-12-2019 at 01:30 AM.
bigdunny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 08:08 AM #263
Contender

Quoted: 175 Post(s)
indelible has a spectacular aura aboutindelible has a spectacular aura aboutindelible has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 1,335.46
Total Points: 16,135.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdunny1 View Post
You are all over the map and still didn't answer my question. Stop running and answer my question where do you rank Ortiz's defense amongst other prospects? Because it's already better then most of his peers. So Ortiz doesn't have good defense because you said he was hit cleanly too much even though my eyes and compubox says Orozco had problems landing cleanly on Ortiz where as he didn't have this problem landing on Jose Ramirez. That's my point Ramirez is a world champ in his prime older with way more pro fights and Orozco landed over 250 punches at double the connect rate. So what the phuk are you talking about pretending that Ortiz some how has a defensive liability?

You refuse to acknowledge compubox but got the nerve to say ortiz has bad defense because he fought a top contender and left with only a tiny scrape on his head? LMAO And got the nerve to call anyone casual. SMH
Ortiz is aware he has a lot of work to do and yes at 21 there's plenty of time for him to improve and with the mindset he has he will. He was getting hit especially when he was on the ropes but he did maintain composure and not panick. There's no ranking his defense cause there wasn't really any to show in this fight. Tanajara was the prospect that showed that had defense both of which are trained by Garcia. Lets not cloud the fact that Orozco was the smaller fighter and I already told you can't draw a comparison between Ortiz and Ramirez cause they're two different type of fighters and don't have the same style. You can stick to your compubox all you want. Most will disagree with you. In fact, lets agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Last edited by indelible; 08-12-2019 at 08:32 AM.
indelible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 08:13 AM #264
Contender

Quoted: 175 Post(s)
indelible has a spectacular aura aboutindelible has a spectacular aura aboutindelible has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 1,335.46
Total Points: 16,135.45

Quote:
Ortiz face wasn't beat up if you think that's being roughed up you need to see what other other fighters face looks like. Orozco offense fell off a cliff compared to any fights in career including Ramirez. And Ortiz's defensive technique is better then most his peers. I'm not saying he's the next Pernell Whitaker I'm saying his defense is already better then most he's not a mindless brawler he has top amateur pedigree he's not Munguia and his defense is already better then world champs like Ramirez which is why he wasn't hit anywhere near like Ramirez was by Orozco.

As for Ortiz saying he's not satisfied and can be better that don't mean he didn't fight well it means he's humble and never satisfied. Tom Brady throws for 400 yards and after the game says he's not happy and needs to be better. Does that mean he didn't play well? I think you are nit picking and holding Ortiz to standard you are not holding other world champs like Ramirez to or other top prospects.
No one is saying he didn't fight well. He did have a decent performance against a veteran. I simply was stating he needs more work but here you are discrediting Orozco which Ortiz didn't. Just cause he got the TKO doesn't mean he's a threat to the top welterweights. He is rising as a contender and continuing to learn. I'm sure his corner didn't just tell him to go KO this guy and that was it. Ortiz got too overly excited cause of his hometown crowd and was getting sucked into a fire fight which he cannot do with every opponent.
indelible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 11:01 PM #265
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1619 Post(s)
MulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 36,022.22
Total Points: 93,124.96
All about the coins. Nice posting, sir... - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:

I love the kid but he does have to sharpen his defensive skills
Orosco hit him quite some , but Ortiz knew their was no fughin power behind them
If it was Ramirez hitting him then maybe he could of been in trouble

That said , the kid is 21 years old with a great trainer and Godspeed
MulaKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 11:32 PM #266
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1581 Post(s)
QueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,369.18
Total Points: 64,183.98

- -You boys need both a full time day and night job.
QueensburyRules is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
antonio, boxing:, dazn, orozco, ortiz, vergil