Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Conor Mcgregor KO GGG in street fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Conor Mcgregor KO GGG in street fight?

Could an MMA fighter like Mcgregor beat a hard-punching boxing champion like GGG in a street fight? Is MMA better than boxing for street fight?
    GGG
    61.40%
    Conor Mcgregor
    38.60%

In order for Irish McGee to win he'd have to tackle Golovkin or kick 'em in the legs before Golovkin gets a punch off.

Comment

mcgregor destroys ggg in a street fight. What is it with people on this site genuinely thinking that a top class boxer beats a top class mma fighter in a fight, dont know if people are really that stupid or they somehow think that it makes them a hardcore boxing fan by thinking it. MMA fighters train to fight, boxers to train to box. I know they were both old but i would have thought toney v couture would be some demonstration of how useless boxing is against general mma, ggg would have the tiniest window going to land a ko blow as an mma fighter shoots for his leg, as soon as they got hold its over.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
        mcgregor destroys ggg in a street fight. What is it with people on this site genuinely thinking that a top class boxer beats a top class mma fighter in a fight, dont know if people are really that stupid or they somehow think that it makes them a hardcore boxing fan by thinking it. MMA fighters train to fight, boxers to train to box. I know they were both old but i would have thought toney v couture would be some demonstration of how useless boxing is against general mma, ggg would have the tiniest window going to land a ko blow as an mma fighter shoots for his leg, as soon as they got hold its over.

Bro, that's a horrible example, James Toney's brain damaged and shouldn't have been fighting anymore, he can't even talk properly. That was a UFC circus, sideshow attraction.

Comment

Terrible example, toney was old and featherfisted, GGG is a young prime knockout artist who grew up fighting on the streets.

Comment

Wait a minute. Doesn't GGG regularly grapple or wrestle in training?

Of that's so, I would give GGG a chance, although McG using his legs and reach makes him the favorite

Comment

You're seriously one of the dumbest people on earth. No disrespect

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
                Bro, that's a horrible example, James Toney's brain damaged and shouldn't have been fighting anymore, he can't even talk properly. That was a UFC circus, sideshow attraction.
                Originally posted by Da Pimper View Post
                Terrible example, toney was old and featherfisted, GGG is a young prime knockout artist who grew up fighting on the streets.
                randy couture was 47 lol, hardly some spring chicken. It was a sideshow attraction cause toney had no chance because hes a boxer against an mma fighter, and the point about him not being powerful is completely irrelevant cause he never had the opportunity to land a punch, was on the ground before he knew it.

Boxing is not fighting, how can people not get there head around this. All the traditional footwork, the boxing high guard, bob and weave is pretty much useless for the most part. How is someone who has never ever trained in takedown defense, going to defend against a world class fighter who shoots for a takedown, and the traditional boxing footwork sets fighters up completely for front leg kicks, is why they dont have a conventional stance in mma. ANd being on the end of them is pretty crippling if you dont know how to properly brace your leg for it.

If boxing was the be all and end all in mma, then why would people even bother learning the other disciplines, just ridiculous. Even tyson fury changed his mind (probably the most confident boxer going) and said he would only fight in a hybrid style fight in mma cause he knows hes got no chance in normal rules. This type of boxing v mma crap seems to pop up weekly now and im fed up of this nonsense being perpetuated.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
                  You're seriously one of the dumbest people on earth. No disrespect
                  see above ^, and you are completely ******ed if you think a boxer beats an mma fighter in a fight.

Comment

Conor kicks him in the head, its over...

Comment

Working...
                    X