Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eubank: I'm Willing To Die in The Ring To Win - Groves is Not!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
    Does Groves even have a shot at beating him??? I'm thinking about putting $100 to win $2500 on Rios LOL! I'll probably lose but all you need is 1 great fight. He should know this is it for him if he loses.
    Groves?... We didn't speak about Groves here...

Rios?... I don't know... but Bradley KOed this guy!... Bradley!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      Groves?... We didn't speak about Groves here...

Rios?... I don't know... but Bradley KOed this guy!... Bradley!!!
      LOL. Yeah that's pretty bad when pillow fists Knocks you out! Damn I forgot about that??? Bradley has a KO like every 10 years. It's takes HARD work to get TKO'd by Bradley.

Comment

Uggg! Dang! Ohh well you saved me $100. What the heck is wrong with this world when we get Mike Alvarado vs. Manny Pac and Rios vs. Garcia???

Both are HUGE -2500++ underdogs.
        We all know that Manny is finished, and that Danny only needs an easy fight...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          We all know that Manny is finished, and that Danny only needs an easy fight...
          IDK Manny did mess Horn up???

Comment

Eubank is a young fighter, he was smart not to fight triple G, and he is ready at this point to step up. It never fails to amaze me how everyone becomes such an expert when it comes to determining when a fighter is ready to move up.

He obviously has talent, but he should have been brought along. When he lost his fight to Saunders it was a warning that he was not ready at that time to go forward yet. Groves is the perfect opponent for him at this point in his career. His natural ability and instincts are either there, or he needs to know where they are against an excellent fighter who is at the top of the mountain.

Eubank is ****y because he believes in himself, and I don't hold that against him. I used to think his dad was being a tool, or as our Brits put it.... a "Bellend", but when you learn what happened, his dad imo did right by his boy imo. There is tape of Chris, as a soft bellied youngun asking his dad to fight and his dad smiling and saying "fighting is not for you son."

This tells me that Chris had to prove to his dad that he really wanted this and was not pushed into it. So, while I am inclined to think Groves comes out on top, I am not putting this past Chris... I hope its a good fight and the better man wins.

Comment

Does Groves even have a shot at beating him??? I'm thinking about putting $100 to win $2500 on Rios LOL! I'll probably lose but all you need is 1 great fight. He should know this is it for him if he loses.
              Rule 1 on all betting / trading etc - only go for big odds.

Rule 2 - have an edge.

What is your edge? That you don't like Garcia?

I normally look for where I think I have spotted signs of shop-worn in the favorite (Chocolatito) or maybe unproven favorite (AJ?)(Eubank Jr.?) against an obdurate challenger = false assumptions.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                Rule 1 on all betting / trading etc - only go for big odds.

Rule 2 - have an edge.

What is your edge? That you don't like Garcia?

I normally look for where I think I have spotted signs of shop-worn in the favorite (Chocolatito) or maybe unproven favorite (AJ?)(Eubank Jr.?) against an obdurate challenger = false assumptions.
                Yup! My hate almost cost me $100. I know stupid.

Comment

MD slapped me upside my head and said whats wrong with you betting on Rios! NEVER go FULL RTARD again.

Comment

On paper Groves ought to win but I really hate to go against Breadman and he is very hot on Eubank Jr at the moment - He also seems to have a connection to the heavy hitting pro-bettors and the big money bets are a surer indication of what is probable compared to overall betting volume, as they often have inside knowledge - meaning we punters can only go on what we saw last few fights whereas they might have inside info from camps on injuries or bad relations inside camp or lax training regimes etc.

Comment

MD slapped me upside my head and said whats wrong with you betting on Rios! NEVER go FULL RTARD again.
                      I didn't slap you anywhere... we only kill some time...

Comment

Working...
                      X