Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How hard is it to get promoted to Sargent?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
    Sergeant*

And they say Marines are dumb. Just kidding JC

If you are already an E4 I can see you getting it in 2yrs but if the Army is like the Marines it'll depend on your Job and your PFT score.
    Lmaoooooo.

Thanks for the insight.

Comment

Time and don't **** up I think getting promoted in the National Guard takes longer.

Comment

Originally posted by LaidOut View Post
        The fact that you spelled Sergeant as Sargent means your chances of making that rank are low. Really low. Just focus on completing your initial contract term, and the rank of PRIVATE, and consider it success for you. Then go back to the civilian world where you'll tell everyone how you basically RAN the army, and only left because you were too far ahead of your time and the army couldn't respond fast enough to your ideas.
        Rank of private ?

I will save this comment when I reach the board lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
          Time and don't **** up I think getting promoted in the National Guard takes longer.
          I think your right.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
            I think your right.
            I was active for 4 years and did 2 years in the reserves.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
              What the hell are you gonna teach the troops with 1.5 years. Hell I spent my first 7 months going to boot camp, Infantry Training School and Security Forces Training School before I even reached my 1st command.
              My MOS is a MP. In theory I can be a desk sergeant if I know my law and local SOP.

However I think your right, however a Lieutenant can pull rank with only 6 months of experience just by going to school which I basically did to get E4.

Honestly the army is trying to be like the Airforce. The new wave of army recruits are soft like pillow soft.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
                Brown noser!
                I just trying to be all I can be. Lol.

Comment

Lol @ some people being under the impression that you have know how to spell or be a scholar to rise through the ranks. That is FAR from the truth, very far. So far from the truth that it’s funny

Comment

My advice to you is latch on to a veteran with over seas deployments under his belt and learn.

Comment

First and foremost, don't go around sniffing other people's feet in the barracks.

Comment

Working...
                      X