Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are Spence and Wilder being attacked on here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are hyped and each has one good win on their resume.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
      It's an open forum. No fighter is immune from criticism and I wouldn't have it any other way. Stop with the "elite, above attacks" mentality. And not every comment is a hate comment. They're called opinions. Geez...
      Great post. That's the way it should be.

Comment

The thing is, I very much like Wilder. His fights are exciting and he seems like a good dude (though if he decides to stop yelling out BOMB SQUAD! over and over again, it would be cool with me). I just don't think he's that good, even if I'd like him to be. I'd bet the first time he fights a top heavyweight he's getting knocked out.

Comment

I used to accuse Wilder of being a cherry picker until he choose Washington on less than a one month notice, Gerald Washington is just as big and as skillful, Wilder has the power advantage which puts him as a slight favorite

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
            They are hyped and each has one good win on their resume.
            Well, many fighters are hyped here. I know nobody mentions your boy, Garcia. It is just the way it is, people like new blood (Spence).

I never posted anything about Wilder before in my life, I don't think he's any good (neither are any of these heavyweights), but Spence is the goods. Why Larry is lumping them together I don't know.
            Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 02-07-2017, 12:18 AM.

Comment

I can't see why anyone would hate Spence he's pure raw talent and he does belong on the P4p discussion when he beats brook.

As far as wilder he's a entertaining fighter and you can't blame him for pedvet but you can't be WBC champ and fight guys no where near the top 10 in rankings, atleast get him in there vs Parker and Ortiz but Joshua beats him easy.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                Well, many fighters are hyped here. I know nobody mentions your boy, Garcia. It is just the way it is, people like new blood (Spence).

I never posted anything about Wilder before in my life, I don't think he's any good (neither are any of these heavyweights), but Spence is the goods. Why Larry is lumping them together I don't know.
                I agree with you about Wilder he isn't really that hyped anymore but Spence is super hyped by everyone a lot of people have him on their P4P lists already.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                  Great post. That's the way it should be.
                  Hey, I've got fighters I am a big fan of, but if somebody wants to make a comment about their flaws, go right ahead. Heck, I might learn from it, which I thought was the point.

Comment

Both are the goods, and should be unified, in the next year-year and a half.

Post it, sig it, screenshot it.

The reason they get hated on is obvious...

There are many other fighters with "one good win," and they are applauded on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
                      They are not p4p fighters and not even heavily hyped on here at all or by boxing media..So why is anyone slamming them at all? Sure we would love to see Wilder fight better competition...And all we ask is for Spence to get his earned title shot..(fighting for a vacant title proves nothing)
                      I think Spence is the real deal.
                      Don't have the same feeling about wilder.

Comment

Working...
                      X