No announcement yet.

i aint gonna lie. messageboard politics dictate sometimes who i want to win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i aint gonna lie. messageboard politics dictate sometimes who i want to win

sometimes i just like seeing the reactions. for years there is always some group of fans who overwhelm the board, take it over, and make post after post after post about said favorite fighter.

Its annoying, because its all were allowed to talk about, i looked at my post history, and all i been talking about is topics related to floyd or manny, once in awhile im in the history section. overall its ****ing boring. i like the idea of a dominant fandom's fighter losing. im not gonna lie to you guys, when pac lost to morales this place was turned upside down. the pinoys took their loss with pride and i can honestly say very few made excuses. people had sigs with pacs bloody face saying things like "hell be back". keep in mind, this was probably one of the best moments here on boxingscene...why? because floyd was dominant, but not number one yet, hopkins, jones, lacy, calzhage, ****ing tyson, klit brohters all had their share of fans on here.

Now some of you might say "why dont you make a topic"

if you dont have pac or floyd in it, or kahn or whoever, nobody cares. you get youre 10 replies, usually from the good posters and thats it, now i enjoy that, but this place becomes such a frustrating eyesore.

Im just tired of reading this. I seriously would love to have a forum called "floyd mayweather and manny pacquiao discussion"

think of how clean this place would be.

i mean, you got mayweather fans, while they arent dominant, some of you post too ****ing much. and the manny fans dominate this board so much, sometimes i want him to lose not even because i want him to, but so some of you would pack youre **** and leave. at the very least, if this board had a seperation of the two names for a seperate forum, this place would be great.

it might be slower, but who ****in cares. I mean, last night sumakwel makes a post about how floyd is jealous, then like a 24 hour fox news cycle, lady fan does the same ****in thing.

then you get the spinoffs like MONEY HUGGER. Its just bad.

not to mention most of you are aliases. so **** man. if floyd loses, this place would be turned upside down, but if he loses in his own forum, i dont have to hear about it every 2 seconds. until floyd and pac remove themselves from the p4p list, they need their own ****in playhouse.

and dont think it doesnt work, the GOAT rap messageboard circa 2004/2005 the reason, made a seperate forum for the G-UNIT beefs/discussions that were ruining that board and it worked.

Creating a forums for Mayweather or Pacquiao might be a great idea, But i still want to see a mod who would just delete meaningless crap threads about certain fighters, I dont want to see ******ed threads that brings nothing but trolling and flaming.

We need more informative and knowledge driven threads but they get drown out as soon as you post one with another Mayweather or Pacquiao thread that isnt really relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray` View Post
      Creating a forums for Mayweather or Pacquiao might be a great idea, But i still want to see a mod who would just delete meaningless crap threads about certain fighters, I dont want to see ******ed threads that brings nothing but trolling and flaming.

We need more informative and knowledge driven threads but they get drown out as soon as you post one with another Mayweather or Pacquiao thread that isnt really relevant.
      cosign. some of the treads are funny, and make you chuckle a bit at times, but the majority are the same monotonous ****, drawn up over and over, and reworded to make it seem as if they're originals....

Comment

Coming here in 2010, I'm reminded of why I left this messageboard back after the influx of Ricky Hatton fans in 2007.

At least they'd try to talk Boxing with you, and wouldn't repeat the same damn threads over and over

Comment

I've never let this dictate who I want to win. Even though I'm seen as a "Floyd hater", I've rooted for him in 2 of his last 3 fights. I disliked De La Hoya more than I disliked Floyd, so I went for Floyd, I disliked Hatton more than I disliked Floyd, so I went for Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Sen. Clay Davis View Post
            I've never let this dictate who I want to win. Even though I'm seen as a "Floyd hater", I've rooted for him in 2 of his last 3 fights. I disliked De La Hoya more than I disliked Floyd, so I went for Floyd, I disliked Hatton more than I disliked Floyd, so I went for Floyd.
            for years you have contributed a glutton of crap threads that start with

"why do floyd fans...."

"how come floyd fans...."

so dont come in here saying you contribute meaningful discussion because for the most part, you dont. i think you know the sport, but youre way of presenting it is no longer amusing.

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
              for years you have contributed a glutton of crap threads that start with

"why do floyd fans...."

"how come floyd fans...."

so dont come in here saying you contribute meaningful discussion because for the most part, you dont. i think you know the sport, but youre way of presenting it is no longer amusing.
              I wont lie and say I dont contribute to the slop that is NSB, but I've contributed more boxing discussion than anything and my thread history proves that. The only people actually complaining my "slop" also happen to be fans of the fighter who I criticize.

Furthermore, my criticism has reach far beyond Floyd Mayweather and has also crossed over to Pacquioa AND Pac fans, but of course, someone like you and the rest of the Floyd fans won't recognize that. Matter of fact, you will only point out what you don't agree with and ignore the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Sen. Clay Davis View Post

same here...the FIRST time i rooted against him was the JMM fight

Comment

If I don't like or dislike either boxer in a fight, then I sometimes feel the same way. Burner's creepy obsession with Paul Williams has reduced how much I like him, for example.

I agree that a May-Pac forum would help improve NSB. I've seen it happen before that there are world title fights taking place, and I log on to see the discussion about them and most of the threads are still just the same old stuff, with the same old people saying the same old thing, oblivious to any other boxing event.

Most of the Floyd and Pacquiao fans only want to talk about that one issue. They are obsessed with 'winning' the daily flood of stupid, repetitive arguments, even though no one ever wins, it just keeps going over and over. Each group tries to one up the other with even stupider threads. It's even worse when they try to talk about other topics because they try to be smart and end up looking clueless in discussing a boxer they've never even seen fight. The guy who said that Hatton would go through Sweet Pea's resume undefeated comes to mind, although there are several other examples.

One thing I found amusing was how there used to be a lot of Pavlik fans on here, building him up. I remember him being compared to prime Tyson by one person, and being called P4P#1 by another. Out of all of them, I think there are about 4 or 5 posters that have remained a true fan of his. In a way I want Clottey and Mosley to win just because it would make this place a lot better and greatly reduce the number of bad posters.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                    If I don't like or dislike either boxer in a fight, then I sometimes feel the same way. Burner's creepy obsession with Paul Williams has reduced how much I like him, for example.

I agree that a May-Pac forum would help improve NSB. I've seen it happen before that there are world title fights taking place, and I log on to see the discussion about them and most of the threads are still just the same old stuff, with the same old people saying the same old thing, oblivious to any other boxing event.

Most of the Floyd and Pacquiao fans only want to talk about that one issue. They are obsessed with 'winning' the daily flood of stupid, repetitive arguments, even though no one ever wins, it just keeps going over and over. Each group tries to one up the other with even stupider threads. It's even worse when they try to talk about other topics because they try to be smart and end up looking clueless in discussing a boxer they've never even seen fight. The guy who said that Hatton would go through Sweet Pea's resume undefeated comes to mind, although there are several other examples.

One thing I found amusing was how there used to be a lot of Pavlik fans on here, building him up. I remember him being compared to prime Tyson by one person, and being called P4P#1 by another. Out of all of them, I think there are about 4 or 5 posters that have remained a true fan of his. In a way I want Clottey and Mosley to win just because it would make this place a lot better and greatly reduce the number of bad posters.
                    i agree with this post 100 percent. im a mayweather fan clearly its obvious, but man i just want some peace in this forum

Comment

Working...
                    X