• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
    wasn't this guy sucking GGG's dick when he was on HBO? lol
    Pretty much.......

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
      He's judging 35-38 years old though...

There's a reason why he was avoided when he was 29-34.

When BJS, Jacobs, and the other guys were saying: "I'm not ready for him".

And for those who believe GGG wasn't willing to fight a top MW, remember he and Pirog were about to fight and Pirog had to pull out of the fight due to injury.

So, I agree, GGG hasn't looked that good lately, but still has, in my eyes:

1 win over jacobs (super close)
      1 win over canelo (not close, clear victory)
      1 draw over canelo (or could have gone either way)
      1 loss over derevyanchenko

At 35-38 years old.
      Only BJS ducked him. Jacobs fought him when he had to.

GGG was also not an old fighter career nor round wise. The GGG who fought Jacobs was just as good as the one who fought Lemieux.

He wasn't avoided when he was 29 - 34. He simply didn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantera_ View Post
        An 8-4 card isn't any worse than a 6-6 card imo. It was a clear 7-5 win for Dervychenko.
        Clear to you is just your opinion and not any kind of fact. Three judges thought it was clear that GGG won and lots of fans agree. It was a fight that could have gone either way and anything but clear. Maybe it's clear to you because that was the result you wanted. Dervy's own trainer thought Dervy lost a close one and had no complaints about the lose so how clear is that?

Comment

Anybody remember Max saying GGG would beat Floyd? Max and the HBO crew were the reason the Golovkin hype got a little out of control.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            Clear to you is just your opinion and not any kind of fact. Three judges thought it was clear that GGG won and lots of fans agree. It was a fight that could have gone either way and anything but clear. Maybe it's clear to you because that was the result you wanted. Dervy's own trainer thought Dervy lost a close one and had no complaints about the lose so how clear is that?
            I dont know man. I think if you ask every die hard boxing fan on the planet what score is more acceptable most would pick 6-4 Dervy over a 6-6 draw. It would be criminal if there werent a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              Rozier said Derevyanchenko won 7-5. I think even you said Derevyanchenko won.

I personally don't care who anybody had winning that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
                Only BJS ducked him. Jacobs fought him when he had to.

GGG was also not an old fighter career nor round wise. The GGG who fought Jacobs was just as good as the one who fought Lemieux.

He wasn't avoided when he was 29 - 34. He simply didn't exist.
                GGG being avoided is the biggest myth currently in boxing. When he was finally able to pay his opponents their worth they stepped up & fought him. Dude was paying guys 500k but expected guys making over $1 mil to fight him for less.

Comment

This thread proves my point in the other Kellerman thread.

He’s completely objective. He thought GGG beat Canelo the first time and thought SD beat Golovkin.

Because he doesn’t have a dog in the fight, unlike all of you clowns.

Now the GGG fans are mad at him and the Canelo fans are still mad at him because they’re all too dumb to realize he doesn’t have a rooting interest, he’s just calling it like he sees it.

Instead of realizing he’s objective, people are going to scream it’s a conspiracy or that he’s against GGG because GGG doesn’t fight on the network Kellerman works for anymore.

It’s absolute horse *****.

Kellerman is just calling it like he sees it and he’s completely objective.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantera_ View Post
                    An 8-4 card isn't any worse than a 6-6 card imo. It was a clear 7-5 win for Dervychenko.
                    Huh? Lol

It's numerically worse. SD didn't win 8 rounds any way you look at it and he got dropped and cut badly by a clear, clean punch.

Comment

I don't think he took a dump on GGG at all. Just kept it real.

From the media and just boxing folks in general, majority had Derevyanchenko winning this fight.

Then just said when he stepped up his competition, he stopped recording KOs and was in four close fights and he thinks he went 2-2 in those fights. Nothing wrong with that opinion.

More importantly than anything, every time GGG takes one on of the top MWs, he is in good, exciting and competitive fights. His fights always deliver against the top guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X