No announcement yet.

WillWilder duck Usyk too?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
    Both Povetkin and Ortiz who were scheduled to fight him were nabbed for PEDs. It's also clear to most insiders, including UK boxing legends, that Hearn was the one who soured with the Joshua negotiations.

Only fighter he didn't fight was Klitschko at a time when he was still green. He also faced the best heavyweight in the division and will do it again, and fought one the most ducked fighters in Ortiz.
    http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Gabrie...oya_110112.htm

Upon reading this old interview from 2012 it seems like Wilder himself wanted the fight in 2013 but I guess his team advised him otherwise?

Comment

Dude aint fought nobody at heavyweight.... But your sad ass single out Wilder

Comment

Originally posted by dot.c.eh View Post
        http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Gabrie...oya_110112.htm

Upon reading this old interview from 2012 it seems like Wilder himself wanted the fight in 2013 but I guess his team advised him otherwise?
        Both could be true, but I'd still consider it a duck. However, I do not remember him not facing his mandatory obligations. Couldn't help if two of them were cheats.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
          Both could be true, but I'd still consider it a duck. However, I do not remember him not facing his mandatory obligations. Couldn't help if two of them were cheats.
          Yeah I would consider it a duck as well but I'm just trying to be a little less of a hater and more trying to look at the big picture. Also wasn't aware Russ Anber worked with Wilder. Kinda cool little Canadian connection haha.

Comment

Originally posted by dot.c.eh View Post
            Yeah I would consider it a duck as well but I'm just trying to be a little less of a hater and more trying to look at the big picture. Also wasn't aware Russ Anber worked with Wilder. Kinda cool little Canadian connection haha.
            We deserve a little more recognition in this game, but you know how we are. At least happy that we're in the discussion.

Things will clear up once we see the Fury rematch. A lot of the Wilder hate is unwarranted and anti-Americanism. Some of it is racial, some of it is regional with him being from the South. Then there's the Haymon connection.

There's also promoters like Eddie Hearn, who I think is one of if not the smartest promoter in the game, who know how to play the public like a fiddle. For instance, he will bring up huge numbers and career high multipliers to sway a subsection of unsavvy fans when it's really about the splits.

Comment

Yes, he will duck Usyk. Just like he ducked AJ, Whyte, Haye, Klitschko, Parker, Povetkin and most of the top 20 right now. Fury and Ortiz both got caught with steroids so don't bring up Povetkins test, which was minimal at best. Wilder and his groupie fans, have a ready made excuse every time someone with some skills wants to fight him. The point in being a boxer, is to actually BOX

Comment

My Question is

Will Usyk be Dyllian Whyte 2.0 where Hearn uses him as AJs Bodyguard to prevent him from fighting Wilder

Comment

Working...
                X