No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: ESPN Scrapped Joshua, Miller Appearances At 11th Hour

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
    Not to mention Stephen A. Smith really doesn't know much about boxing anyways. Just whatever they write down on his notes before interviews lol
    Stephen A Smith is annoying as fu#k when he talks about boxing. He yells just as loud as Teddy Atlas, but at least Teddy has knowledge. I mean, I understand why Teddy annoys people and rubs people the wrong way, but Stephen A Smith, come on!

He actually called an ESPN fight one time. He was one of the guys calling the fight. I was shocked. All the other guys must’ve been on other projects.

Comment

Seems pretty bizarre to not have the Biggest star in boxing on your channel. Almost like not interviewing Tom Brady.

Especially since he just broke record ticket sales.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
        And Y'all think Deontay Wilder wants to join that platform?
        No way, he has a rematch coming with the real Bermane Stiverne

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
          Seems pretty bizarre to not have the Biggest star in boxing on your channel. Almost like not interviewing Tom Brady.

Especially since he just broke record ticket sales.
          Brady broke record ticket sales because he played and beat the best. Thankfully Brady doesn't have Haymon for an advisor

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
            Stephen A Smith is annoying as fu#k when he talks about boxing. He yells just as loud as Teddy Atlas, but at least Teddy has knowledge. I mean, I understand why Teddy annoys people and rubs people the wrong way, but Stephen A Smith, come on!

He actually called an ESPN fight one time. He was one of the guys calling the fight. I was shocked. All the other guys must’ve been on other projects.
            That's funny...true and funny at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
              No one has dazn in the US
              They used to spell it different but I stayed in a Daysinn once.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                Yes and no. Like Stephen A. Smith speaking to Gvozdyk on their show and only mentioning Kovalev, Alvarez and "Andre Ward" as potential opponents (before they signed Beterbiev) - no mention of Beterbiev, Bivol, Jack, his mandatory Browne, etc.
                We’ll it’s hard for Max to speak a sentence without somehow working Andre Ward into it. I’ve never seen as hard of a man crush.

Comment

So ESPN is supposed to help promote a fight that's happening on a rival platform. DAZN and ESPN+ are rivals. They just had AJ on ESPN in the last 2 months. Miller is unremarkable outside of the fact that he has a scheduled fight with AJ.

The minute ESPN dipped into the heavyweight ranks with Fury, this arrangement was jeopardy. Why anyone sees this as other than a common sense business move baffles me.

Comment

Don't know about that but Sky Sports makes a big deal out of covering Tysons fights in the UK despite it being on a smaller rival network ... guess that may go too then.

What's weird is Arum and Hearn get on Hearn has sent fighters over eg Kahn and said Joshua could potentially fight on ESPN for Fury.

Originally posted by Corbett View Post
                    I don’t see DAZN promoting any ESPN fights

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                      Because they're sports network what's next are they only going to report on NBA games on ESPN only?
                      ESPN doesn't comment on Solo Boxeo cards, and those are regularly seen by more folks than will likely end up watching Joshua-Miller, so what's your point?

Not every NFL game gets a highlight package; sometimes all you get is a shared text screen with the scores and the three top performers for the game, lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X