Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adrien Broner: If I Turned Down Fights, I'd Still Be Undefeated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s the problem with these young fighters. They fel like once they have any name recognition they don’t need tough fights. They don’t realize that the Oscar De La Hoya’s and Mayweathers built themeselves into mega stars by taking those tough fights early in their careers.

Comment

Adrian Broner statement is very true but he would also never become an undisputed champion.

Comment

I think he was a 4-1 favorite against Maidana and something like a 2-1 fav against Shawn Porter (go figure.) Sizeable favorite against Paulie, Vargas, and Ponce and he still arguably lost those fights.

Realistically Broner would have like 7-8 losses if he wasn't so protected.

Comment

He was supposed to mop the floor with Maidana. It's not that he took on the best. It's that he struggled and failed against opponents who should be stepping stones for future great fighters.

Does it mean he's trash? No. It just means he's nothing special.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickmerch1990 View Post
            Broner will be the worse hall of fame fighter in history how he ever won titles in two weight classes never mind 4 I will never know
            Broner is not a Hall of Fame fighter.
            Period!

Comment

Excuses... AB was good at 130 and 135... reason he was always a bigger fighter fighting at smaller weight class, he was never a true champion at 140 he never beat the champion he fought for a vacate belt, his punch output is low... Marcos Maidana put a beating on him, Shawn Porter out worked him, Mikey Garcia out worked him... he really lost to Vargas the punch stats told a different story and Pac did enough for a 40 yr old guy, Had he beat these fighters he wouldn't be saying this mess and Thurman Spence and even Danny Garcia that would probably out work him also are still out there... my guess AB becomes the gate keeper to all the new up and coming fighters like Devin Haney and the rest coming up.

Every era has them... Zab Judah, Paulie Malignaggi, Chop Chop Corley and list goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by mindgames View Post
                if i didn't leave my house, i wouldn't get arrested..
                😂🤣,..............

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  No it's not nor close.

He has 0 big victories as it stands. The chances of him ever getting one is minimal.

Has 1 win over a Top 5 opponent.

Has never been Lineal.

It's never going to happen. 100% guaranteed.
                  You mentioned gatti, and I'm from Jersey myself and was one of his biggest fans, but what big wins did he have? 9 losses, only 2 div champ. Not only is Adrien a 4 div champ, double of gatti, but he was the youngest ever to do it! HOF usually award things like that. Plus he's still young; could potentially become champ again before retiring, which would add to the accolades. He's already a 5x champ

Comment

One of the few times I would agree with AB. The hyperbolic jokes in here are good for laughing(which I was), but they aren't a proper assessment on what he is actually trying to state. He didn't stay "in his lane" and paid the price. Couple that with his perspective, and he went from a very credible fighter, to a sideshow persona. Which allows exaggerated opinions to turn into the "truth". In total, he did it to himself. I genuinely feel bad for this guy at times. He reminds me of Wimp Lo from the movie Kung Pao.

"I'm bleeding, making me the victor!"
                    Last edited by OpticHype; 02-12-2019, 11:22 AM.

Comment

I always felt like if he wasn't lazy and stood at 135 (because I firmly believe that if he was dedicated in between fights, he could still make that weight) he'd be looked at in a much higher light

Comment

Working...
                      X