Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dillian Whyte Responds To Luis Ortiz, Lets Fight Dec 22 Headline O2 Arena!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    You said Whyte agreed to fight an eliminator for second mando position, then pulled out when he was told Ortiz would be the opponent.

And I'm saying that's a lie.
    Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
    And I'm asking you which part. And you're refusing to answer. Are you saying he didn't agree to a final eliminator? Because it's public knowledge he did. Are you saying he wasn't aware there was an existing mandatory? Because it's public knowledge he was. Are you saying he agreed to face Ortiz? Because it's public knowledge he didn't. Which part are you saying isn't true?
    The part where you said Whyte agreed to fight for the second mando position, then pulled out when he was told Ortiz would be the opponent.

That part.

I'm saying it never happened and you are a liar.

Comment

And did he accept an offer to fight for the postion of second mando, then pull out when he was told it would be against Ortiz?

Or did you lie about that?
      He asked for a final eliminator, knowing Breazeale was the existing mandatory. His promoter was publicly claiming a contract was already signed for Breazeale to get his title shot in September. I'm sure Whyte was hoping to fight a low level contender to become the next mandatory for 2019.

He only pulled out when Ortiz accepted the fight. Just like he pulled out of the IBF final eliminator when Pulev won the bid. This year alone, Whyte has pulled out of multiple final eliminators from the WBC and IBF.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        If anything you quoted had been made up, you would have pointed it out. The problem for you is that everything I wrote is 100% correct.
        You said Whyte was up for the title shot until he heard it was Ortiz.

That was factually incorrect and a made up lie.

Comment

• Luis Ortiz all day

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post

If he fought Ortiz and won Whyte would have been given a title shot by 2021.

Whyte is wanting to fight Ortiz but all they want to do is make excuses and talk about the past. They don't want Whyte to have an easier time beating Ortiz than Wilder did.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
              He asked for a final eliminator, knowing Breazeale was the existing mandatory. His promoter was publicly claiming a contract was already signed for Breazeale to get his title shot in September. I'm sure Whyte was hoping to fight a low level contender to become the next mandatory for 2019.

He only pulled out when Ortiz accepted the fight. Just like he pulled out of the IBF final eliminator when Pulev won the bid. This year alone, Whyte has pulled out of multiple final eliminators from the WBC and IBF.
              Hearn knew that Wilder vs Breazeale was set to happen this year, and it would have happened, if the opportunity to cherry pick a ring rusty Tyson Fury hadn't popped up out of nowhere.

But Wilder vs Breazeale wasn't a mandated fight. If it was, then Wilder would be fighting Breazeale next, not Fury.

Hearn and Dillian's position was .. if Wilder owes Breazeale a title shot, then fine, let him fight Breazeale, and Whyte and Ortiz can then fight each other in a final eliminator for the winner.

But if Wilder/Breazeale is turned into a mandatory defence, then the winner of Whyte/Ortiz would have to wait at least another year before the WBC order another mando. And in that case, Whyte be better off going in another direction to get a title shot.

Hearn and Whyte both made it crystal clear that if Whyte vs Ortiz was a proper, regular, final eliminator they would be happy to take it.

But they weren't interested in participating in any "final eliminator for the position of second mandatory" bull****.

You know that .. so stop fckn lying about it!
              Last edited by kafkod; 10-08-2018, 07:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post

He knows it's a lie. Hearn and Whyte both made it clear they would have no problem fighting Ortiz in a bona fide final eliminitor:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/boxi...-way-fight-WBC

"Dillian Whyte vows to leave Luis Ortiz in ‘a bad way’ to force title clash"

"Whyte was ordered to face 39-year-old Cuban Ortiz to decide the “second mandatory” to Wilder’s title, despite being ranked No 1 in the division by the governing body.

But Whyte said he would be willing to step up and take the fight – if he was guaranteed a shot at Wilder in the Bronze Bomber’s next fight."

"But like I say, if Ortiz wants it, he can have it. But only if Deontay Wilder agrees to fight me next and nobody else. I’ll fight Luis Ortiz and I’ll run through him" Dillian Whyte.

https://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-ho...e-next--127553

"Hearn: How Did WBC Order Whyte-Ortiz, Wilder-Breazeale Next?"

"Hearn had hoped the WBC would’ve declared Whyte the mandatory challenger for Wilder’s title. But Hearn also knows Whyte-Ortiz is a marketable matchup in the United Kingdom, where Whyte draws good crowds and television ratings, and the winner would become the mandatory contender for Wilder’s title.

Then Hearn read two words he truly couldn’t comprehend – second mandatory – as in Whyte and Ortiz would fight to become Wilder’s second mandatory challenger. That meant, as best as Hearn could determine, that there suddenly was a first mandatory challenger for Wilder’s title.

Hearn would’ve understood if the WBC simply would’ve allowed Wilder (40-0, 39 KOs) to make a voluntary defense against Breazeale because he satisfied his mandatory obligation by destroying Stiverne (25-3-1, 21 KOs) just 5½ months ago. He also understands the WBC wanting Whyte to earn his mandatory position, even against the recently-beaten Ortiz (28-1, 24 KOs, 2 NC)."

“We have no problem taking that fight, which is high-risk, if the reward’s there. And the reward is that you are the mandatory for Deontay Wilder. We’re not the second mandatory [behind] a guy who’s just been made mandatory for no reason. So what I’m saying is, no problem, Wilder against Breazeale, do your thing in a fight no one gives a damn about. Right? But allow Ortiz against Whyte to be a final eliminator for the mandatory for the winner of Breazeale against Wilder.” Eddie Hearn.

Comment

Hearn knew that Wilder vs Breazeale was set to happen this year
                  No, he didn't. He was lying. He claimed it was already a done deal for September. He made that up.

It was known since November 2018 that Breazeale was the mandatory. If I knew that in November 2018 and posted it multiple times here at the time, there's no excuse for Hearn not knowing. Especially when Whyte was complaining about it in November 2018, so Whyte was clearly aware too.

Comment

Working...
                  X