No announcement yet.

Top Rank's Bob Arum says Manny Pacquiao payment issue being handled

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Rank's Bob Arum says Manny Pacquiao payment issue being handled

One day after Manny Pacquiao threatened to sue Top Rank for failing to pay him money he claimed it owed him for the United States broadcast rights of his last fight, Top Rank chairman Bob Arum told ESPN on Tuesday the issue was being handled.
    http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...-being-handled

Arum doesn't want this to get out of hand. He's with the clean-cut corporate crew at ESPN, now. Plus, you still want to Manny to come to you for his next fight(s).

Comment

"Arum said it was a matter of Pacquiao having not signed and returned the proper contract for the event, but the issue was being taken care of."

LOL I was betting this was about Manny not Bob. I just felt it was more extreme (IRS or owing Bob money).

Comment

I dont think it's either's fault.

This all started after that Horn fight.

When Roach publicly said that Manny hasn't paid him yet. Roach speculated that Manny was angry at him etc etc. But Pac replied that he himself wasn't paid for that fight yet.

I'm pretty sure it's because of new ESPN-Top Rank partnership. It added another layer of bureaucracy. Top Rank should clarify this to their boxers fighting on ESPN.

But a 2-month delay without feedback is pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          "Arum said it was a matter of Pacquiao having not signed and returned the proper contract for the event, but the issue was being taken care of."

LOL I was betting this was about Manny not Bob. I just felt it was more extreme (IRS or owing Bob money).
          Yeah, Arum flexing on him a little bit.... if Pacquiao wants to be promoter he has to handle all the bull**** that comes with it. Uncle Bob ain't doing your taxes anymore, son.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
            Yeah, Arum flexing on him a little bit.... if Pacquiao wants to be promoter he has to handle all the bull**** that comes with it. Uncle Bob ain't doing your taxes anymore, son.
            No doubt. Bob easily coulda just called him or someone on his team & had this taken care of already. Obviously Bob was like "lets see how long it takes them to figure this out lol".

Comment

Originally posted by RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM View Post
              I dont think it's either's fault.

This all started after that Horn fight.

When Roach publicly said that Manny hasn't paid him yet. Roach speculated that Manny was angry at him etc etc. But Pac replied that he himself wasn't paid for that fight yet.

I'm pretty sure it's because of new ESPN-Top Rank partnership. It added another layer of bureaucracy. Top Rank should clarify this to their boxers fighting on ESPN.

But a 2-month delay without feedback is pretty bad.
              Wouldn't the 2 month delay be both of their faults or personally I'd lean more towards Manny's fault cuz Manny's the one wanting to be paid, but apparently not sending all the right sh^t so he should be like "whats up"?

I mean Manny just said the suing thing a day or two ago & Arum is responding already. One could assume if Manny had just called them or sent an email about this 2mos ago or 2wks or 2 days ago it coulda been resolved sooner &/or behind the scenes with far less people knowing about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Wouldn't the 2 month delay be both of their faults or personally I'd lean more towards Manny's fault cuz Manny's the one wanting to be paid, but apparently not sending all the right sh^t so he should be like "whats up"?

Didn't paperwork got delayed because Bobfather was pushing the Alvarado fight?

And the delay on pay also happened post-Horn fight with that Roach pay incident. there was no paperwork excuse that time cos Manny was still with Top Rank at that time.

Comment

Bobs trying to keep Manny happy just in case.

Comment

Should of listened to Floyd smh. Seems like Floyd experienced all the good karma in his career. That’s what happens when you are a clean athlete and dedicate yourself.

Comment

Working...
                    X