Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Magic Mushrooms to Treat Mental Illness?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
    In my limited experience with phsychadelics it was pretty spiritual and/or mind opening. Never had a bad trip once. like you tap into a different portion of your brain. I’ve never laughed so hard or had as much fun with simple things as when tripping.

Id be curious to know how long the illnesses stay gone for after treatment though. Are the effects permanent and what about the treatment? Is it just the two doses and done or is it regularly? I can’t imagine regularly being a good thing.

I think you should go for it though. What’s the worst that could happen tripping balls in Mexico, while white
    This is a good point. Some say, once you've received the message then hang up the phone, meaning don't keep taking it. This study found the effect of a more "open personality" lasting 14 months but ultimately affecting you forever. So you only need take it like once a decade actually.
    "This personality warp is unusual, said study researcher Katherine MacLean, because personality rarely changes much after the age of 25 or 30." https://www.livescience.com/16287-mu...long-term.html
    Last edited by SAINTSTEVE; 08-04-2018, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      Yeah, this totally freaks me out. I'm a well-to-do American white male who doesn't speak Spanish in a third world country where cartel violence and police corruption is a big problem - what could possibly go wrong??
      Wear a MAGA hat and everything will be fine.

Seriously though, probably nothing bad would happen to you. If it were me, I don’t think I’d worry about the cartels as much as I’d worry about getting my organs harvested or some ****.

You could use your phone for translation if needed. I’d imagine the doctors were educated in America though so you’re good there. That basically narrows it down to just needing it to order food.

“Yo quiero Tres tacos de carne y una michelada por favor” should about do it. Pack your bags, you’re ready.

If you’re experiencing some mental health issues and don’t want to be on a constant and ever growing flow of American drugs (pills). That have worse side effects than what it’s actually treating then, it’s a no brainer.

Go to Mexico, do shrooms and come back defragged. Sounds like some of the trips I saved up for in my younger days.

Comment

Weed is my thing and shroom is second choice..

Comment

I'm messaging back 'n forth a host now on Airbnb. This might actually happen

Comment

Originally posted by SAINTSTEVE View Post
            This is a good point. Some say, once you've received the message then hang up the phone, meaning don't keep taking it. This study found the effect of a more "open personality" lasting 14 months but ultimately affecting you forever. So you only need take it like once a decade actually.
            "This personality warp is unusual, said study researcher Katherine MacLean, because personality rarely changes much after the age of 25 or 30." https://www.livescience.com/16287-mu...long-term.html
            Interesting. I think the “treatment plus meditation” would work wonders
            Last edited by -MEGA-; 08-04-2018, 03:31 PM.

Comment

I'm messaging back 'n forth a host now on Airbnb. This might actually happen
              You’ll come back a changed man. Maybe even score a plus sized Mexican to bring home with you. Your life would really be set at that point.

Do they offer meditation with the treatment?

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
                You’ll come back a changed man. Maybe even score a plus sized Mexican to bring home with you. Your life would really be set at that point.

Do they offer meditation with the treatment?
                I think the experience is meditative and a ritual but inot "meditation" per se.

They also have some called a Temazcal. it’s like a sweat box/sauna and used for both physical well-being and natural healing.

Comment

I think the experience is meditative and a ritual but inot "meditation" per se.

They also have some called a Temazcal. it’s like a sweat box/sauna and used for both physical well-being and natural healing.
                  Meh. You could sweat it out here in the states. Remember when frank did that in shameless? Damn near killed himself.

The experience itself will most definitely be spiritual or meditative. But in reading the article that SAINTSTEVE posted it looks like some places offer meditation in conjunction. Which would probably be cool in keeping your mind focused in one direction and not all over the place. The whole thing sounds very, very intriguing though.

Comment

There's a ceremony where you consume the mushrooms with "shaman" who guide you and make the experience less terrifying
                    Have a look at this page...

http://www.maps.org/resources/psyche...egration-list/

There are Dr's in your area who have a background in this.

Also...

https://psychedelictimes.com/psyched...c-integration/

Comment

I had a few trips that lasted over 24 hours when I was about 19-20. It cured me from being ******ed, I've been good every since.

But seriously, I think psychedelics in small to moderate doses can help with mental illness. I had long trips because I took such a high dosage, but when I took less, my trips were better and the come downs were more peaceful. None of that paranoia and questioning your life choices you get when you trip too long.

Comment

Working...
                      X