Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaime Munguia Eyes December Fight, Takeshi Inoue is Possible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

munguia is super active..I can see him fighting canelo next year

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
      Wow. You're right. So a whole lot of crap. This is how guys like Canelo pad their records. They fight a whole lot of crappy guys. I'd prefer guys fighting fewer times but against better quality opposition. They develop more. No wonder Munguia looks so damned raw.
      Munguia fought Ali for his title in May. He fought his first defense against Liam Smith, whose only previous loss was to Canelo. Also worth mentioning this Inoue is ranked by Boxrec seven spots higher than Crawford's last opponent.

Another reason, Munguia looks so damned raw, is because he literally just turned 22 one week ago. Most fighters look pretty raw when they are 21 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardamu View Post
        Munguia fought Ali for his title in May. He fought his first defense against Liam Smith, whose only previous loss was to Canelo. Also worth mentioning this Inoue is ranked by Boxrec seven spots higher than Crawford's last opponent.

Another reason, Munguia looks so damned raw, is because he literally just turned 22 one week ago. Most fighters look pretty raw when they are 21 years old.
        All great points. You also gotta throw in that Munguia switched to a new trainer before his last fight. Alcazar is a serious upgrade from being trained by his father. Alcazar won't want him in with a live dog until he sees that Munguia is correcting some of his bad habits.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardamu View Post
          Another reason, Munguia looks so damned raw, is because he literally just turned 22 one week ago. Most fighters look pretty raw when they are 21 years old
          Boxrec also has Pacquio at #2 at welterweight over Danny Garcia, Keith Thurman, Errol Spence, Shawn Porter etc. despite beating a former junior welterweight and losing to Jeff Horn over the past 2 years. So I wouldn't use Boxrec.com's rankings as the end all be all.

I don't have a problem with Liam Smith. That's the kind of fight he should be taking. He's a champion now. I don't care how young he is. He needs to step up his competition. Don't want him to step up then don't fight for a title and build his skill and technique up over time. Once you become a champion people should expect more from you.

Just a quick glance at boxrec (since you like it so much) I can see several guys who would be better opponents for Munguia next. Ishe Smith. Patrick Texeira, Brian Castano, Nathaniel Gallimore and Tony Harrison don't seem to have anything on their schedule (although Castano seems rumored to be facing Erislandy Lara) and all would be better opposition for Munguia than Japan's second most popular Junior Middleweight.

He should be fighting someone like Ishe Smith,

Comment

Smith lost his last two. It would be hard to justify it and would probably be an ugly fight to watch. Castano or Harrison would be a war and I would favor Castano to come out on top over Munguia. Inoue is a terrible opponent who has done nothing to deserve even an interim belt shot

Comment

I ain't mad at this fight. This is a prospect vs prospect kinda fight in my eyes (yes I know Munguia gots a belt, but he still seems more like a prospect or contender than a title holder to me & if not for Cotto's cherry pick gone wrong situation he wouldn't be a title holder).

Munguia is so young still (22) & already operating at a high level I can't fault his team for coasting a lil more vs taking a straight upward shot in class of opponent. See Munguia in the same way as I see Tank. If these guys wanna go for the tip top guys right now fair play to them...but if they don't I can't bust their balls that much cuz they are doing better than & taken on more risk then most mfers in boxing as is. And we all see these guys who get moved fast early like David Reid (who granted was a older dude, but was still a young pro) & Fernando Vargas burn out quick as well so Tank or Munguia being moved too quick up the ranks & having a bad night COULD reduce their ceiling & year in the game potentially. So its obviously a risk to be put in too deep of water too early as I see it.

Comment

Props for Jamie for continuing to be active and wanting to fight

Comment

I want GBP to go to SHO so I can see Muniaga v Hurd!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X