Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Regis Prograis??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, the WBSS 140 pound tournament will answer a lot of questions about Prograis.

A Jose Ramirez fight would also have provided answers (I think Prograis was going to beat him) but Bob Arum being the little bitch he is managed to avoid Rougarou.

Comment

Solid prospect. Entertaining to watch him blast out Crawford's bum faster than Crawford did. Just shows you how weak Crawford's resume at 140lbs. was. Tons of Crawford's former opponents are getting beat by guys that are supposedly lower caliber. Beltran just got beat by a guy Tank Davis knocked out easily . I wouldn't be shocked at all if Prograis troubled or beat Crawford. Imo Crawford is a hype job bum beater and vastly overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
        Who does he have to beat to be “proven” in your opinion?
        josh taylor would be a good win and a step up although they are both inexperienced. linares would be a good opponent after that if he stays at 140. i;d be impressed if he beats them two

Comment

Big fan of Regis. I’m from the south so I could be a little biased. Love how he finished Indongo quicker than Bud did. That ish was hot!

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
            If he beats josh Taylor then I’ll say he’s the goods personally
            Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            I think most how for real is Regis questions get answered in the WBSS tournament. I think he has the potential to be the #1 guy at 140. 147 is a deeper pond so I wouldn't be so bold as to say he can hang there when he's not even fought anyone THAT good at 140 yet.

I am curious how what I suspect the 140 WBSS final will be, Regis vs Josh, turns out. I think that'll go a long way on saying what each guy is capable of & if we are really lucky maybe that fight turns into something that can be a big rivalry with a rematch or trilogy at 140 or 147 in future years.

Thats a big ask at this early point, but so far I've really liked what Regis & Josh have shown us & them being in some big competitive fights should make them, if they are great fighters, or break them, if they aren't.
            Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
            josh taylor would be a good win and a step up although they are both inexperienced. linares would be a good opponent after that if he stays at 140. i;d be impressed if he beats them two
            While I do agree with Prograis v Taylor being a good fight. What i don’t get though, is How exactly Taylor would be the fight to confirm his legitimacy? What’s he done to be proven? I think Prograis wins that one, rather easily too.

Linares would be a good one though. I like that one too.

As far as being a player at 147, I’m projecting a couple years. Spence will probably be gone to 154 by then. Danny, porter and Thurman are all getting older (Idk if Thurman ever even fights again, wtf). So he could maybe get lucky and knock one of them off.

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
              Solid prospect. Entertaining to watch him blast out Crawford's bum faster than Crawford did. Just shows you how weak Crawford's resume at 140lbs. was. Tons of Crawford's former opponents are getting beat by guys that are supposedly lower caliber. Beltran just got beat by a guy Tank Davis knocked out easily . I wouldn't be shocked at all if Prograis troubled or beat Crawford. Imo Crawford is a hype job bum beater and vastly overrated.
              I don’t think Crawford is overrated at all. He’s very dangerous. However, he does get hit cleanly at times, so it’s only a matter of time until he gets hit with a big shot by a heavy puncher. Basically, I think he beats everybody at 147 not named Spence. Spence is a big dude.

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
                Are you a fan? King of 140?? The real deal (elite)?? Future 147 champ? Where do you see his ceiling?

I personally love watching him fight, big fan. I think he’s the only fighter under 147 that could give Crawford fits. I would love to see him matched up vs Garcia at 140. If he is the real deal then I say he takes Garcia. But if he ain’t on his A+++ game, Mikey will expose that.

Discuss.
                So far so good. Give him a year and we will see what he's made of.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
                  So far so good. Give him a year and we will see what he's made of.
                  Agreed....

Comment

Working...
                  X