Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanchez throwing GGG under the bus for running?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL he knows triple Floppity Flop Flopovich is retiring soon so he needs to spread his legs for the arrival of the invading enemy in the hopes he will be spared / shown mercy, perhaps to live another day in this business and repair bridges he has been busy destroying.

Comment

Abels big mouth wrote a check that GGGs ass couldn't cash.

**** bounced.

Comment

He needs to change trainers. Nothing else Abel can show an old dog like him.

Comment

GGG refused to answer any questions about why he backed up why he won't go to the body. Ducked out the ring from max went to the press conference and forgot how to speak English hiding behind a translator and pulled a politician move and pivoted every direct question about why he didn't fight Mexican style, ect. Left Sanchez having to answer questions while he was sulking in shower and left Sanchez having to answer questions at the press conference. And Sanchez didn't play politician he answered those questions and refused to jump on that grenade. I could def see this getting bad between them. GGG refused to look himself in the mirror and Sanchez clearly don't think he won and is pointing fingers at him for not following his game plan.

Comment

Has Abel Sanchez never actually watched his fighter? Golovkin has never been this "stalk forward relentlessly and duke it out inside" kind of fighter. He has always tried to control distance behind his jab. Because of his power, that usually makes fighters back up which turns Golovkin into a stalker. When it doesn't, Golovkin keeps distance and moves backwards instead.

The only thing Golovkin didn't do, and honestly hasn't done nearly enough in recent years, is attack the body. And considering how his body attack has vanished in recent years, that's on Sanchez as much as it is Golovkin.

Comment

GGG fans love Abel Sanchez and backup everything he says. I don’t think they’re gonna like this, some may even disown him as their favorite trainer of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                GGG fans love Abel Sanchez and backup everything he says. I don’t think they’re gonna like this, some may even disown him as their favorite trainer of all time.
                I think it’s fair to say he is overrated. He is a good trainer but tactically naive. Look at Gassiev vs Usyk for example.

GGG is 36 years old and has been fighting at the top level, amateur and pro, since he was a teenager. He is a greater fighter than Sanchez is a trainer. If GG thought those were the best tactics, and I think they were, then Sanchez needs to sit down and learn.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Has Abel Sanchez never actually watched his fighter? Golovkin has never been this "stalk forward relentlessly and duke it out inside" kind of fighter. He has always tried to control distance behind his jab. Because of his power, that usually makes fighters back up which turns Golovkin into a stalker. When it doesn't, Golovkin keeps distance and moves backwards instead.

The only thing Golovkin didn't do, and honestly hasn't done nearly enough in recent years, is attack the body. And considering how his body attack has vanished in recent years, that's on Sanchez as much as it is Golovkin.
                  so you saying GGG and Sanchez have not been screaming Mexican Style for years? Now he's just a boxer not a Mexican Style fighter because he got his azz whooped by Mexican style? Dude you making excuses. And Sanchez is a trainer who preaches body punches to all his fighters caught on tape yelling for GGG to go to the body in the first fight. Spent months saying we going to kill canelo's body and KO him with a ginger snap. During the fight he again told GGG to go to the body. after the fight he threw GGG under the bus saying he didn't do what we practiced when asked why he didn't go to the boy. GGG was scared to go to the body in the first fight heard the world and his trainer say he has to take risk and go the body even if it opens him up for abuse. Well the second fight he actual went even LESS to the body even after his trainer told him you losing the fight and Sanchez said this after the fight about it.

"Maybe Gennady didn’t fight the way I wanted him to fight this time. But when they get in there, they’re gonna do what they think is best. They’re the ones getting hit.” - Sanchez

What more does Sanchez have to say he and the world is telling GGG his azzz just too scared to do it. Can't blame this one on Sanchez. He's telling the world there is nothing more I can do he don't want to risk getting hit.
                  Last edited by bigdunny1; 09-19-2018, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                    GGG trainer Able Sanchez answer when directly asked was why GGG was backing up from Canelo after they demanded Mexican Style talk and was that the game plan you had.

“I wanted Golovkin to fight Canelo. If Canelo was gonna stand in the middle of the ring, I wanted him to fight Canelo. He decided it was better to do the things that he did." - Able Sanchez

Asked a follow up on why he did that

“If I start to make excuses about Golovkin, then I’m taking away from the victory of Canelo, and that’s ridiculous. We as coaches can only coach them and do the best we can in the gym and have a game plan. When we get in there, they see things that maybe are better for them. We can’t force them to do something they don’t want to do." - Able Sanchez

So if Sanchez wanted him to fight Mexican Style with Mexican Style not run away from it that was the plan before the fight he told him over and over to do it during the fight then why didn't GGG do it? Sounds like Sanchez throwing GGG under the bus saying listen I told him what to do but GGG was shook don't blame this on me LMAO
                    Saying if "I start making excuses for Golovkin" isn't going to endear him to his fighter. Dumb on his part.

Comment

GGG was able to fight Mexican Style and go the body against bums and tomato cans but as soon as he faces a good fighter and begs for a Mexican Style fight we he got shook and turned into Nothing But Scared Jab Style. And clearly his trainer was disappointed and felt he lost. Letting the world know hey the way he fought is on him I didn't want that.

Comment

Working...
                      X