Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do Boxing Fans Get Offended When Fans Get Excited About Young Fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
    Are you serious? Canelo had more than double the number of fights!!!
    Padded record. It did not develop anything, other than a sparring fight. Canelo at the time his best wins are a shot mosley and a good win in Trout, and looked like a zombie after Floyd put on a rehydration clause limit and fought at 152.

Comment

You guys want to make the sport a boring news. Fans can critique who they want, when they want too. Nothing wrong with a little friendly competition and hataring.

Comment

I get Errol Spence somewhat. I've been a fan of his since keeping up w/ him as a fighter out of Desoto, TX. He's establishing himself, he's looking impressive and he wants to fight a lot of fans favorite fighters. That in itself is a reason to start the hate. Either way, he fights in a manner that most fans on here seem to like, yet find any reason to be negative with him.

Davis though.. Like you said, is only 22. People want to bring up Loma, but Loma wasn't even considering turning pro at his age. This kid is learning on the job and is the youngest champion in the sport. I'm a fan of both, I would favor Loma right now, but that's not to say even w/ that opinion that I'm going to start and sh¡t on Davis.

Just look at Loma's last 2 fights. Very impressive win over Walters, who hadn't fought in almost an entire calendar year. Rocky Martinez who got dismantled by Mikey Garcia. I mean the same things they complain about Davis and Spence can be said about the fighters that supposedly can whoop them.

Comment

Trinidad was an unproven prospect with leaky defense at one point in his career too

Dudes act like these fighters just come into the game as ATGs. No. There is a career progression which varies from fighter to fighter.
          And? Did people put on fantasy fights about who would win between him and Thomas Hearns when he was just a prospect knocking cherry picks? No. At 26 he accomplished more than spence could do till in his 30's.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
            Padded record. It did not develop anything, other than a sparring fight. Canelo at the time his best wins are a shot mosley and a good win in Trout, and looked like a zombie after Floyd put on a rehydration clause limit and fought at 152.
            He basically had a non-existent amateur career. Those fights helped him develop into the fighter he is today.

You can take 2 routes:

1. Loma/Rigo - Extensive and productive amateur careers. Fight at the world class level in less than 10 fights.

2. Most other fighters - Your first 25-30 fights (this number varies) are your amateur career/learning curve.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
              You guys want to make the sport a boring news. Fans can critique who they want, when they want too. Nothing wrong with a little friendly competition and hataring.
              At least your honest

I'm not against criticism. I'm anti-stupidity.

"Davis is a bum. Loma kicks his ass". So you have to beat the best fighter in the division, and arguably one of the 5 best fighters in the sport to get props nowadays? That's how it works?

Comment

Trinidad was an unproven prospect with leaky defense at one point in his career too

Dudes act like these fighters just come into the game as ATGs. No. There is a career progression which varies from fighter to fighter.
                True. And a Prime Dela Hoya not a weight drained version of him out boxed a Prime Tito Trinidad in 1999.

Comment

He basically had a non-existent amateur career. Those fights helped him develop into the fighter he is today.

You can take 2 routes:

1. Loma/Rigo - Extensive and productive amateur careers. Fight at the world class level in less than 10 fights.

2. Most other fighters - Your first 25-30 fights (this number varies) are your amateur career/learning curve.
                  Wilfred Benitez, Manny Pacquiao had less than 25 fights and was not even 20 yet before becoming a world champion. If Spence is some sort of an "ATG" then he doesn't need 25-30 fights. So it is completely irritating that spence is heralded with the same breath with Thomas Hearns and Trinidad.

Comment

Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
                    True. And a Prime Dela Hoya not a weight drained version of him out boxed a Prime Tito Trinidad in 1999.
                    Did people at the time said that Trinidad could beat SRL when he was an unproven prospect? Hell no, they waited for him to get tested before even talking about such fantasy fights.

But unlike spence fans here.....

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                      Did people at the time said that Trinidad could beat SRL when he was an unproven prospect? Hell no, they waited for him to get tested before even talking about such fantasy fights.
                      If boxing forums existed back then, I GUARANTEE you that people would be making threads speculating about prospect Trinidad versus Leonard, Duran, Ray Robinson, whoever.

Comment

Working...
                      X