Canelo needs to speak English to be star, props to Zurdo for learning English

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is.

Comment

I can honestly say from the bottom of my heart, that whatever star status you are referring to- Canelo does not give the slightest of ****s of achieving that.

He's good.

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
        I don't know. I think AJ is pretty close to eclipsing him.
        Lol, yea. That 275k he did on showtime is pretty damn close to eclipsing Canelo.

Comment

I remember watching Alfredo Angulo's interview after losing to Canelo, and he did it entirely in English. I know both English and Spanish, and there were points where I had no idea what he was trying to say. I mean, props to him for trying, but it wasn't working for him. Same thing with GGG. The interviews he does in his native language are far deeper and more insightful than anything he has done in English.

Fighters should do whatever they feel is necessary to properly convey their thoughts to their audience. If that means using a translator, then do it. If that means using basic English sentences, then do it.

Comment

I was wondering when these threads would start. From here on out, expect ggg to get ko'd by everyone.

Hects, can we get one with Heiland as a killer threat that will overcome ggg and ko him with a wicked liver shot?

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
              I was wondering when these threads would start. From here on out, expect ggg to get ko'd by everyone.

Hects, can we get one with Heiland as a killer threat that will overcome ggg and ko him with a wicked liver shot?
              Hectari was real big on Quillin knocking out Ggg

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                Was Duran fluent in English during his fighting days?
                I don't believe so but he was much much better and more accomplished

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  I don't believe so but he was much much better and more accomplished
                  Ok. I think the need to learn English is overrated. Most fighters whose native language is English can't speak fluent English That work you put in in the ring will do the talking.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    Ok. I think the need to learn English is overrated. Most fighters whose native language is English can't speak fluent English That work you put in in the ring will do the talking.
                    It helps since they're trying to make him into a crossover star. At least you'd hope boxings biggest star would cross over a little. Anyway he's got bigger issues now

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                      Zurdo Rameriez is taking the right steps, he has the height and the looks, now he is learning English, Canelo hasn't even bothered to learn the language, he could be an even bigger draw if he crosses over.

I think Zurdo knocks out GGG, too long too ranger for him and he can land clean shots.

No he doesn't. They say u need to speak English to make a connection with Americans. So they can know u better. BS, it never effected Chavez SR. Or Tito Trinidad, and cotto learning English never helped his career he just stayed a star.

Comment

Working...
                      X