Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone prove that the uncanny hate Al Haymon receives is not due to racism?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Anyways..

I think if roles were reversed and haymon had manny instead of floyd, he wouldn't get as much hate..

The floyd connection draws hate by association
    That's true, I remember when Mickey Bey Jr got knocked out by Molina Jr and JLeon Love by Porky everyone was in hysterics. Keep in mind these are two fighters who literally no one cares about until they get knocked out because of their association with Floyd.

Comment

Op can you prove its racism.

Imo black cal racism far more then anyone
      when in reality black people are them most racist people in america..
      The irony, you ask him to prove a statement then proceed to make a claim that you can't prove either....gotta love the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingsupreme87 View Post
        That's true, I remember when Mickey Bey Jr got knocked out by Molina Jr and JLeon Love by Porky everyone was in hysterics. Keep in mind these are two fighters who literally no one cares about until they get knocked out because of their association with Floyd.
        yes, bey, love, you can also throw in Broner and quillen.. Lots of posters root for their downfall, yet Bradley, crawford, kirkland, paul Williams hardly recieve any hate

Comment

Because everything isn't about race. The biggest complaint on Haymon thus far has been his match making

Comment

this is the game the low level slicksters play,,,they make a claim but quickly transition into asking people to prove a negative,attempting to shift the burden of proof!!
            proving non existence is covered in the first chapter of many philosophy books ffs-anyone with a general curiosity of argumentation would know this, so i take it by the way your question is posed that you dont.

the onus is on you jerome.
            u, don king, al sharpton jesse jackson and the rest to prove it.

al haymon graduated from harvard,im sure hes aware of simple concepts like this. he probably lives in a gated community far away from race baiters like u!!

don king would rather rip off black fighters and cry racism while the pbc is proof that any thing can be achieved with hard work! foh!!!

Comment

There's no racism toward Haymon. IMO the ones that are screaming racism are the ones who grew up in a limited environment and don't know any better. When I think of the things that Haymon is trying to do I praise him and give him props. But when I come down on him it's mostly out of the way he's doing things.

Why is it when a black man does something all people better support it(especially other blacks) or its racism. Haymon is a very smart dude and knows what hes doing and he knew he was going to get flack by way he's doing it. But that goes with every business out there stepping out box and doing something different. They will have their critic and it's not based on racism.

I think Haymon has the right intentions of trying to expand boxing but I think he needs to improve his product and step up his game every time out. If I don't Except his product every time out does that make me a racist or Uncle Tom, no it's just I don't like what he's presenting in his matchups. Just because I'm a die hard boxing fan doesn't mean I have to except everything. I'm boycotted many bad Golden boy cards and I've boycotted lots of Top rank cards and it because I Expect more out of the top promotions. And Haymon runs one of the top promotions so I expect the best product everytime

Comment

It sounds like you are saying if someone dislikes a black person it has to be racism and no other reason is possible. You must like Haymon managing over two hundred boxers or you are a racist.

Comment

Don King was basically spot on in his assessment, but of course the masses came out and said otherwise and made up a bunch of crap about why they dislike Al Haymon and his boxing ventures.

It's the same reasoning with people who say they don't like Broner and Mayweather because of their "flamboyance, ego, and demeanor" yet they also find every reason in the book to dislike Bradley, Ward, BHOP and others.

Why can't people, or boxing fans rather, just admit why they really don't like Al Haymon? I mean who in their right minds would hate on watching quality boxing on free TV? Who?
                  Well I think Haymon's matchups are a bit lacking, but racism is a difficult topic to discuss nowadays because everyone gets so defensive about it. No one really wants to review their actions or thoughts objectively and ask whether they have treated some people differently than others. Truth be told, I think a lot of modern racism occurs subconsciously - it shows itself way more in manners like people showing consistent favoritism towards people of certain races and not really realizing it than it does in the form of people burning crosses and wearing pointy white hoods. Just my 2c on this topic.

Comment

Don King was basically spot on in his assessment, but of course the masses came out and said otherwise and made up a bunch of crap about why they dislike Al Haymon and his boxing ventures.

It's the same reasoning with people who say they don't like Broner and Mayweather because of their "flamboyance, ego, and demeanor" yet they also find every reason in the book to dislike Bradley, Ward, BHOP and others.

Why can't people, or boxing fans rather, just admit why they really don't like Al Haymon? I mean who in their right minds would hate on watching quality boxing on free TV? Who?
                    Can you prove that it is racism?
                    Why does everyone have to agree with him and kiss his az?
                    So is the hate arum gets because he is a Jew?
                    Is the hate Oscar gets racism too?

Comment

Like I just posted in another thread: UFC President Dana White is Hated! So is NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, MLB Commissioner Bud Selig was hated and so was NBA Commissioner David Stern. Most people hate their Bosses at their jobs

So some people just have a issue with anybody who is in a Position of Power that they're not in but wish they was in!

Of course everybody who is Anti Haymon is not racist but you would have to be flat out Ignorant to think that it is not some who do have a problem with him because he is black. Their Mentality and Inferiority Complex makes them not trust him. They not sure if he is fair, they think he is only Pro Black Boxers but Anti Everybody Else simply because he is Black and that haven't been the case at all. Reason why people think this way because that is what they would do. They would make it about the fighters they like and just push everybody else to the Back but that is not good Business! Good Business is to try and appeal to ALL and provide something for ALL, not just one or 2 Demographics! His Roster is Very Diverse and he has talent from all over the World!
                      Last edited by sicko; 07-19-2015, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X