No announcement yet.

The word All time great is thrown around to much in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaded View Post
    That Morris Day was never even nominated for an Academy Award says something very deep about the American psyche.
    Hahahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
      That Morris Day was never even nominated for an Academy Award says something very deep about the American psyche.
      Please tell us what it says about the American psyche.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
        Froch is not even close to debatable...................and why even list these names?
        Loma, Bradley, GGG, Rigo, Ward, Kova, Choco?? that proves my point how people just throw it around..GGG has not even beat a current world champion for crying out loud
        did you read it all? the names I mentioned need more work. As in, the talent is there, but the resume isn't in most of their cases. I'm not saying that any qualify now. Or in 5 years. Or in 10 for some. I'm saying that those names have the best chances to be ATG's.

What if GGG rinses all of 160-168 in the next 5 years? Wouldn't that make him an ATG?

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
          Please tell us what it says about the American psyche.
          I don't want to hijack Larry's thread...I will say however that Oscar nominees and winners are selected by members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences reported to be 94 percent white...2 percent African American and less than 2 percent Latino in 2012.

Dare I say that Morris Day having never even been nominated for an Academy Award demonstrates how little America has progressed towards racial equality in cinema and nothing short of an atrocity.

Last edited by jaded; 04-26-2015, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            All time greats have to be the very best of the best and should mean top 100 at the very least. You have All time greats then you have Hall of famers

Comment

Working...
            X