Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Hatton vs Mayweather.. Hatton did pretty well compared to others....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
    Hatton lost that fight when Cortez was choose as the ref. Hatton style is to come in and ruff his opponents up and work the body. Cortez wouldn't even let Hatton get close to Floyd, he wanted them to box from the outside. How the F is Hatton going to beat Floyd boxing .
    Pretty much. If Smoger had reffed it would have been a different fight and Floyd would've had to work hard for 12 rounds.

Cortez is a disaster, thank fcuk he's gone.

Comment

It was entertaining and competitive for the most part.

I mean if Floyd fans are going to kick back and watch of his old fights I bet that one is always high up the hit list. And that is down to Hatton being competitive early and then comically kamikaze late.

Nobody can question Hatton's desire to win that fight. Not something that can be said with confidence in regards to some of Floyd's opponents.

Comment

I hate how Cortez stopped Mayweather from beating up Hatton on the inside...

Comment

Originally posted by Madjab View Post
          He couldnt beat floyd on the inside either. floyd started roughing him up
          Yeah, with his elbows and forearms

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
            Yeah, with his elbows and forearms
            Yup. No different than what Hatton was doing

Comment

Originally posted by chessmatch View Post
              I think Hatton's performance in this fight is underrated... he was a bit small for Floyd in my opinion in natural weight/frame and of course the huge reach advantage Floyd had. Floyd is of course on a different level to Hatton don't get me wrong for one second but Hatton did well and to be honest fought the best fight he could, he's a better fighter than I originally thought and his footspeed was pretty damn impressive. I thought he won the first 3 rounds and round 5.
              The point deduction in round 6 really threw him off in my opinion but from then on it was Mayweather dominance. I think this fight is interesting because it shows that Pacquiao would give Floyd huge problems with his brilliant foot speed and head movement on top of it, not to mention all his other attributes.
              Yes, the red mist came down after the point deduction and a general frustration at Cortez constantly breaking.

Hatton was a bit too small for Welterweight, but he must have been a nightmare to fight at 140. Strong, quick on his feet, and relentless pressure for every minute of every round.

Comment

Fight wasn't even all that competitive. I don't remember Hatton landing anything of significance during the entire fight. The only success he had was being able to smother Mayweather at times. Then Floyd started roughing him up and shortly he was outta there.

Stop it with the Cortez excuse too. Floyd clearly proved that he could manhandle Hatton and beat him at his own game.

Comment

did well at what? gettin' his ass beat mercilessly?

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
                    Hatton lost that fight when Cortez was choose as the ref. Hatton style is to come in and ruff his opponents up and work the body. Cortez wouldn't even let Hatton get close to Floyd, he wanted them to box from the outside. How the F is Hatton going to beat Floyd boxing .
                    This common perception is just as bad as people who think DLH was beating Floyd with his non-existent jab. Hatton holds and hits everyone he fights and mauls people. And the thing is, Cortez actually started letting them go at it inside before jumping in but chit was getting ridiculous with the holding from both boxers. Floyd actually was winning the inside finghting once he adjusted to Hatton as well so there's no point in bring that up.

Comment

I too feel Hatton did pretty well. Hatton looked really small yet was hammering Floyd pretty good. Cortez should have been banned after this. Cortez really ruined this fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X