Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PBP

I say this about almost every controversial decision. You can't take rounds off and assume that the judges score every single round correctly.

This happens with almost every "robbery" in boxing.

It's not the fighters fault if they get robbed. Scott clearly did enough to win. It wasnt about scoring it correctly, it was about the judges taking money to make sure a certain fighter doesnt lose.

People need to realize, they arent dumb, they're corrupt
    I disagree. Certain robberies are blantant corruption while some are just judged differently from what we see cause of what the fighters do. In this case I see people claiming Scott gave away rounds.

I cant say this was a robbery or not cause I literally missed the second half of the fight. I only got to watch the 10th round after walking away in the 5th. From what I saw in the first 5 rounds Glazkov was getting schooled tho.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Yes he was robbed he clearly won. Still like most fighters he gave away the 12th witch took the win away from him. Fighters need to stop giving away rounds
      It's not the fighters fault if they get robbed. Scott clearly did enough to win. It wasnt about scoring it correctly, it was about the judges taking money to make sure a certain fighter doesnt lose.

People need to realize, they arent dumb, they're corrupt
      So... giving up the 12th didn't take the win from him if it was corruption.
      Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 02-24-2013, 11:16 PM.

Comment

it was a robbery......

one thing did happen though

malik scott sent shocks and waves throughout the hw division last night

this man right here has someone to worry about now, and his name is malik scott

Comment

Malik Scott has some decent skills, but is too small old and featherfisted

Comment

Originally posted by $0uthpaw View Post
            Malik Scott was robbed last night. I think it was fixed because the boxing world isnt ready for a fighter like Scott. Speed, power in both hands and great boxing skills. They arent ready for Malik's new era of boxing supremacy.
            New era? Yeah he was robbed here, but Malik Scott has been selling these same wolf tickets for years now. He has the talent, but he doesn't have the desire to step up and go for it, as evident when he didn't try to win decisively and was content to take some rounds off.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              So... giving up the 12th didn't take the win from him if it was corruption.
              What? .......

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
                I disagree. Certain robberies are blantant corruption while some are just judged differently from what we see cause of what the fighters do. In this case I see people claiming Scott gave away rounds.

I cant say this was a robbery or not cause I literally missed the second half of the fight. I only got to watch the 10th round after walking away in the 5th. From what I saw in the first 5 rounds Glazkov was getting schooled tho.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                Corruption does exist but I don't think its the reason for every bad decision. There's a lot of general **** that has gone on in boxing for years like close/even rounds go to the champion/home/in house fighter or a fighter that falls behind is given sympathy rounds because he did better than he did in the previous rounds.

Often what you see is a fighter that builds a lead start to coast because he thinks he built up a big enough lead. This has proven not to work over and over again.

Comment

What? .......
                  If there was corruption and the result was predetermined, why does it matter if Scott gave up the 12th? He wasn't going to win regardless.

Comment

Malik won that fight 7-3 on my scorecard but I'm not exactly outraged. Listen, Scott was clearly the more schooled fighter, his punches were quicker, he landed the cleaner shots, he was rangy and his defense was pretty solid. However, he shouldve been taking the fight to Glavoz and busting him up. Scott has all the tools and weapons to hurt a guy like Glazy but he lacked the mental fortitude to press the fight. I can't stand that in some fighters - go out there and put the hurt on your opponent not bicycle around and merely outbox.
                    Last edited by BostonGuy; 02-24-2013, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                      If there was corruption and the result was predetermined, why does it matter if Scott gave up the 12th? He wasn't going to win regardless.
                      Clearly winning the 12th would have won him the fight. Anything remotely close was given to Glazkov. Its not like the scorecards are written before hand. The way the 2 dumb judges score, they def gave the 12th to Glazkov, and scores are submitted round by round so winning the 12th would have won him the fight

Comment

Working...
                      X