Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL Players average ONLY 0.19 Miles a game. They got no stamina to box...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
    Athlete's come in all shapes and sizes. Just because someone is a great swimmer, it does not mean that can play other sports. Those guys are 6 foot 2+ and huge. They have great recovery as well as stamina, strength and determination.

The NFL has athletes that excel at what they do. That does not mean they could ever box, even from a young age.

World level stamina and boxing skills isn't just about what if they started at a young age. You either have it or you don't. You either can punch or you can't. You either can take a beating in training and in the ring or you can't. You either wake up at 5 am and run by yourself or you mentally can't. You either enjoy working alone or you don't.

I know many guys who can wrestle, arm wrestle, run, play other sports, but it doesn't mean they would ever touch me up in a ring, even from a young age. Some people are built for other things.

You are a ****** even by suggesting these NFL players would be top level boxers if they started at a young age. The World doesn't work like that. When it comes to World level ability and class, just by saying this athlete could be this does not work.
    You're completely contradicting yourself from your initial post. First, you state that elite NFL athletes wouldn't do well in Boxing because they supposedly "lack" stamina. Then, you pull a complete 180 and state that it "isn't just about" stamina. Which one is it?

In response to your thread topic, when considering the genetics of the cream of the crop in the NFL, elite NFL athletes would do VERY WELL if brought up in the sport of Boxing from a YOUNG age.

Look at Sergio Martinez. The man has awesome genetics considering that he started Boxing at the age of 21 and still managed to become one of the best Boxers in today's era. One can only fathom how much better he would have been if he would started EARLIER...

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
      Let's face it: the NFL excuse is a way for those crying over the success of the Klitschkos to cope with the reality that the heavyweight division is not ruled by black Americans any longer.
      How is it an excuse? American football is the more lucrative sport and takes center stage in America. Where do you think the top athletes are going to gravitate to?

Comment

Originally posted by The Evil 1-2 View Post
        You're completely contradicting yourself from your initial post. First, you state that elite NFL athletes wouldn't do well in Boxing because they supposedly "lack" stamina. Then, you pull a complete 180 and state that it "isn't just about" stamina. Which one is it?

In response to your thread topic, when considering the genetics of the cream of the crop in the NFL, elite NFL athletes would do VERY WELL if brought up in the sport of Boxing from a YOUNG age.

Look at Sergio Martinez. The man has awesome genetics considering that he started Boxing at the age of 21 and still managed to become one of the best Boxers in today's era. One can only fathom how much better he would have been if he would started EARLIER...
        How am I contradicting myself? Did I say ONLY stamina?

No.

Is stamina needed to do 12 rounds at top level?

Hell yes.

If you lack stamina then you aren't going to win many rounds vs a top boxer. Heck you will leave your chin hanging and get KTFO.

You need all those things, and STAMINA is included. Without stamina, you will not get far.

So yes, my point stands, no stamina = No chance to be good.

Comment

As for Martinez, I don't think he is all that. He beat Paul William's who was an OK fighter.

He lost to Marg.

He beat Chavez who got a shot at a title because of his name. Face it, Chavez is not very good.

He has faced guys who are fringe level in Barker, Macklin, Dzinziruk etc...

Pavlik was an OK win but look at how many problems he had before that fight...

Cintron was OK but lost a lot.

Martinez is OK but not that great.

Comment

How am I contradicting myself? Did I say ONLY stamina?

No.

Is stamina needed to do 12 rounds at top level?

Hell yes.

If you lack stamina then you aren't going to win many rounds vs a top boxer. Heck you will leave your chin hanging and get KTFO.

You need all those things, and STAMINA is included. Without stamina, you will not get far.

So yes, my point stands, no stamina = No chance to be good.
            Your primary criticism was right in the TITLE of your thread. It states that NFL players "got no stamina to box..."

Even when I pointed this out in my initial response, you still keep on with the contradiction. You keep pointing to a supposed "lack" of stamina in NFL athletes that will be their primary downfall in Boxing. This is so ridiculous on so many front that I don't even know where to begin.

First, how do you even know that they have poor stamina? What do you base this on?

Comment

As for Martinez, I don't think he is all that. He beat Paul William's who was an OK fighter.

He lost to Marg.

He beat Chavez who got a shot at a title because of his name. Face it, Chavez is not very good.

He has faced guys who are fringe level in Barker, Macklin, Dzinziruk etc...

Pavlik was an OK win but look at how many problems he had before that fight...

Cintron was OK but lost a lot.

Martinez is OK but not that great.
              Paul Williams was a highly ranked fighter at the time of his loss against Martinez.

Margarito was fairly early in Sergio's career. It's safe to assume that Martinez didn't develop his craft at that point in time.

Pavlik was on a tear in the MW division prior to Martinez. Sure, he had a loss to Hopkins prior, but that was in the LHW division.

Chavez, contextually speaking, was a solid win for Martinez. Chavez was coming off a dominant win with the Andy Lee bout.

The Cintron fight was a robbery and you know it.

As for these fringe level fighters you're referring to, I'll agree. However, keep in mind that Martinez wanted bigger fights, but couldn't get them on the table.

Comment

Do you even watch the NFL? Have you ever even played football? Those guys running so little and being so tired should tell you that they aren't tired from running but from something else lol. The only guys that really have stamina issues are the offensive linemen and some DT's.

Many NFL players were former track stars, take former NFL player Justin Gatlin for example, you may have heard of him last year for winning bronze in the Olympic 100m dash running a 9.79.

They're tired from pushing, tackling, sprinting etc. these guys are not only incredibly strong and fast but explosive as well. Moving laterally too, it's very tiring trying to block a guy that is 6'6 270lbs of pure muscle, or trying to push two 6'8 300lb guys out of your way. You are using your ENTIRE body pushing.

Besides you can train in stamina, anyone has the ability to, all it requires is cardio. It's not some skill only a handful of people have lol, you can't however teach what people are born with such as size and explosiveness and just beastly genetics.

And as others have said nobody is saying an NFL player can instantly go into boxing and have success, it's all about talent pool. The HW division regressing from two guys in the 70s like Ali and Frazier going 14 rounds in 100 degree weather with 90% humidity in an all out war to fat asses punching themselves out by the 7th in air conditioned arenas.

Comment

If someone can't see a difference in the skill of the average heavyweight today compared to the 90's.....I don't know what to tell you....

Comment

I think if this guy walked into a gym at age 9 or so, I think he would have been a pretty decent HW.

And he is a "little" linebacker.

Football (American, limey green toofs) is a game of explosions. Short bursts. You won't see 6'5, 350 pound Haloti Ngata running 50 yards on the pitch.

As can be said that you wouldn't see Lionel Messi make it through 1 quarter of a NFL game at Running Back.

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
                      Let's face it: the NFL excuse is a way for those crying over the success of the Klitschkos to cope with the reality that the heavyweight division is not ruled by black Americans any longer.
                      wtf does race have to do with anything. Oh, btw, The Klits ruled over an extremely weak division so who cares

Comment

Working...
                      X