Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we forget about Andre Dirrell?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always liked the kids skill, but he's wasted almost 4 years of his prime.

Refelx fighters don't age well past 30, and as it stands he's basically a 30 year old prospect.

Comment

guess froch will always be superior unless dirrell can step up

Comment

Andre has done s**t since the AA fight wtf.

Comment

all skill no heart

Comment

Originally posted by SUPREME. View Post
            First off let me say i'm a huge fan of Dirrell and I think he's the most talented and athletic 168 pounder.

But in the past 4 years, since 2009, he's fought twice, and one of them was a 2nd round knockout, so he hasn't gotten very much ring time in at all.

He just turned 30 years old. Is it too late or can he make a big splash and conquer 168?

Andre Dirrell, albeit a good boxer, is an idiot. He faked a head injury, which was not beneficial to him because he wasted valuable prime months sitting on the sidelines when he was never really injured, he burned his bridges with Showtime and left a sour taste in the mouth of many fans such as myself who are condemning him for his cowardice.

I'm no manager but what he should have done was grew a pair, fought Ward (I know they're great friends but its the sport) and beat him like I predicted, then fought whoever else in the S6. Then chased Bute and cleaned out 168. He certainly has the tools to do it.

But now he's inactive, in the shadows, locked up in promotion issues and the rest of the fighters at 168 who years ago I said Andre would whoop has improved and would give him a much tougher fight.

Discuss.
            He left Al Haymon, Gary Shaw an hasn't fought in over a year plus so yes...I think it safe to say we should forget about the Matrix.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPREME. View Post
              First off let me say i'm a huge fan of Dirrell and I think he's the most talented and athletic 168 pounder.

But in the past 4 years, since 2009, he's fought twice, and one of them was a 2nd round knockout, so he hasn't gotten very much ring time in at all.

He just turned 30 years old. Is it too late or can he make a big splash and conquer 168?

Andre Dirrell, albeit a good boxer, is an idiot. He faked a head injury, which was not beneficial to him because he wasted valuable prime months sitting on the sidelines when he was never really injured, he burned his bridges with Showtime and left a sour taste in the mouth of many fans such as myself who are condemning him for his cowardice.

I'm no manager but what he should have done was grew a pair, fought Ward (I know they're great friends but its the sport) and beat him like I predicted, then fought whoever else in the S6. Then chased Bute and cleaned out 168. He certainly has the tools to do it.

But now he's inactive, in the shadows, locked up in promotion issues and the rest of the fighters at 168 who years ago I said Andre would whoop has improved and would give him a much tougher fight.

Discuss.
              Yes! Dirrell is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                He's better off than some active guys like Kelly Pavlik, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr[minus the popularity, I mean skillwise], Lucian Bute, etc.

Andre Dirrell is talked about a lot for an inactive fighter. Reminds me of Mayweather in 2008. 1,000 threads about why Mayweather isn't relevant and how he needs to fight again to be an ATG.
                he isnt talked up that much nor is he anywhere near as accomplished as mayweather was < 2008 (???)

i used to defend him throughout the super six...i felt he was robbed against froch and abraham was scum for not acknowledging his foul but the truth is dirrell probably hasnt improved due to the long lay off while its been years when froch has been referred to as a brawler and he's improved immensely.

yet dirrell is still mentioning froch like he can still right that wrong while doing no more than hitting the mitts with floyd sr

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon_Gekko View Post
                  We always see every 6 months a news story on BS along the lines of "Dirrell in the gym training hard" with some pictures.

Training hard for what?

Why isn't he fighting? Doesn't he need money?
                  I have no clue what he's up to, the last I read was an un-televised fight that doesn't look like is going to happen - annnd uh, news like that doesn't exactly help my argument lol.. you've got me on that one.

"A couple of months" they say now...

I'm just saying that at least he doesn't let himself go so if he gathers the heart to continue then at least he'd be ready physically. I guess the flip side of hearing he's "been in the gym" is that he might be figuring out he doesn't want to get back to the real fights. If that's the case then at least he's saving us the TV time.
                  Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 01-13-2013, 06:34 AM.

Comment

It does seem like Dirrell is wasting his talent. Maybe his heart is not into it anymore. If so he should just retire.

Comment

Neither of the Dirrells doing ****

Comment

Working...
                      X