Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto a tougher opponent for Floyd...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto isn't getting enough credit. By the way some people are talking, if Cotto is a shot bum and makes it to 12 rounds and loses on decision why should anyone feel shame in that? How would a shot bum make it through the fight to start. He wouldn't. So there goes the Cotto isn't a good fighter and not fit to fight Floyd ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Bossy View Post
      Cotto isn't getting enough credit. By the way some people are talking, if Cotto is a shot bum and makes it to 12 rounds and loses on decision why should anyone feel shame in that? How would a shot bum make it through the fight to start. He wouldn't. So there goes the Cotto isn't a good fighter and not fit to fight Floyd ****.
      The floyd haters wont give any of his opponents credit so its not a big deal. Cotto is the best opponent right now after manny and sergio. The haters expect floyd to be dominant in victory so they have to minimize it.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        The floyd haters wont give any of his opponents credit so its not a big deal. Cotto is the best opponent right now after manny and sergio. The haters expect floyd to be dominant in victory so they have to minimize it.
        I just can't understand the logic of some people. If someone wants Floyd to win, yet is calling Cotto a **** fighter, how are they going to celebrate a victory when they are saying Cotto is a less than worthy opponent?

Cotto is putting his work in, he is going to bring a fight to Floyd, even if he does lose; there will be no shame in it. Marginalising Cotto's talent is just stupid on any level.

Comment

I just can't understand the logic of some people. If someone wants Floyd to win, yet is calling Cotto a **** fighter, how are they going to celebrate a victory when they are saying Cotto is a less than worthy opponent?

Cotto is putting his work in, he is going to bring a fight to Floyd, even if he does lose; there will be no shame in it. Marginalising Cotto's talent is just stupid on any level.
          Just because someone is supporting Mayweather or wants him to win means they can't be truthful?

Cotto isn't ****, but he's well passed it and has a very slim chance.

Mayweather fan or not, people are telling the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
            again based on what?

if you count the Sturm fight as a loss then do you count the Mosley rematch as a win? A lot of people thought DLH clearly won that fight.

also the Sturm and Hopkins fights were both as a middleweight and in the case of Sturm a grossly out of shape middleweight

and stopped a fighter who was a very hard fighter to stop (only Tito prior to that)

but by then DLH took long stretches of time off in fact most of us were calling him a part time fighter on his way to being a full time promoter
            Very good points. I still think Cotto would have beat Oscar in 07. I think there is no better moment to fight Floyd for Cotto than now.

Comment

Cotto isn't getting enough credit.
              For what?

What credit does he deserve?

Comment

I agree but there is a need for honesty. The weight makes it somewhat competitive. I assume floyd will win big, but IMO its because floyd is much better than MIguel, even at his best. That said, Cotto took a severe beating from Margs plaster.

Comment

Cotto losing in the thread but winning the poll! lol

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Just because someone is supporting Mayweather or wants him to win means they can't be truthful?

Cotto isn't ****, but he's well passed it and has a very slim chance.

Mayweather fan or not, people are telling the truth.
                    I'm not saying people shouldn't support who they want. Of course they should.

My point is, if someone (for example a fan of Mayweather) is calling Miguel shot and essentially useless, if Floyd does win on May 5th how can that same person celebrate the victory? They have nothing to say because in their mind Cotto isn't fit to fight him from the start.

If someone is taking away from Cotto's abilities then they are ultimately taking away any meaning to Floyd's victory, if that is the outcome.

Comment

I'm not saying people shouldn't support who they want. Of course they should.

My point is, if someone (for example a fan of Mayweather) is calling Miguel shot and essentially useless, if Floyd does win on May 5th how can that same person celebrate the victory? They have nothing to say because in their mind Cotto isn't fit to fight him from the start.

If someone is taking away from Cotto's abilities then they are ultimately taking away any meaning to Floyd's victory, if that is the outcome.
                      It's hardly a win worth celebrating. Whether you're the biggest Mayweather fan or not.

Just because you're a fan of a fighter doesn't mean you must be happy with every fight they have.

Cotto's not a useless fight in my opinon. But, it's not great. I'm not happy with it. It's decent at best.

And despite being a Mayweather fan, it doesn't mean I'm going to lie and pretend like Cotto isn't well down the slope of decline and act like he has a chance or is a test.

It's a decent fight, at best. Only way to celebrate this fight is if he does what he has to do and dominates or stops Cotto. Which I'm sure he will do, one or the other.

Comment

Working...
                      X