Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather To Pacquiao: No 50-50 and I'm Not Budging!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by komodo View Post
    There’s a huge disparity between the numbers. If you stopped being a fanboy for a second and looked at the situation objectively, you’d realise that the numbers stated (if correct) can be explained by external factors.

In this case the financial crisis must have had an influenced. I’m not saying if the country was not in recession then Manny would have out done Floyd, just saying the numbers would been closer than what they are.
    The country had been in a near constant state of financial crisis since 2001. The financial crisis in 2008 was bad, but you can't just pick one isolated incident as being the causation of lower numbers when the overall financial climate for the last 10 years has been fairly bad. I do agree that if all things were held constant from Floyd-ODLH to Pac-ODLH the numbers could be different, but I see nothing that would merit the assumption that they would be significantly closer or even juxtaposed. How hard is it to gather 5 friends and split the costs of a PPV?
    Last edited by DeadLikeMe; 04-26-2012, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
      It's called saleability look it up..

People are interested on a product and then they buy after they make an intelligent inquiry about a product.. That's how the world works.

They inquire about what they want to buy.. Pac has global presence. Pac has been marketed very well as evident to the 4th most influential athlete of USA and number searched athlete for google and yahoo. Floyd is not even close...

Hence 50/50 is more than a generous take for Floyd..

but wanting more translates to: Floyd is a pussay!

And who is the most searched athlete in the planet on Google and Yahoo. Not just as a boxer but as an athlete makes for a larger scope??

Answer: you guessed it, it's the pacman.

link: http://www.googlezeitgeist.com/en/to...sing-in-sports
      Manny doesn't even look close to being the most searched athlete on the planet, I don't know where you got this from and why you're spamming it in so many threads the last few days

See those tiny blue bumps you can barely see? That is your proclaimed, "MOST SEARCHED ATHLETE IN THE PLANET!"

I probably should've thrown Messi or Ronaldo in there too.

Last edited by DeadLikeMe; 04-26-2012, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
        Manny doesn't even look close to being the most searched athlete on the planet, I don't know where you got this from and why you're spamming it in so many threads the last few days

See those tiny blue bumps you can barely see? That is your proclaimed, "MOST SEARCHED ATHLETE IN THE PLANET!"

I probably should've thrown Messi or Ronaldo in there too.

its overall, not on a given day lol, the whole year round. Pac is the most searched for yahoo and google 2011.

4th influential athlete of usa

number 28th top athlete in the usa while floyd is 48 lol.. You get the picture..

Look it up.. it's all there

Comment

• Originally posted by EDP445
          hmm actually floyd mayweather was the most searched boxer in 2011 on both google and yahoo. he's also the #2 most known athlete in the world.
          making up stories again aye.. wow how low can a flowmo go hehe! right

Comment

• lets get this to 1000

Comment

• Originally posted by -TITAN- View Post
              lets get this to 1000
              http://**********.com/pag/article.php?aid=22995

Sometimes in life, the things you are looking for are clearly in your vision. You just have to seek them out. While at the Apollo Theater for the Mayweather-Cotto NYC press tour stop, the answer to who was to blame for the mega fight not happening became evident to me. It is Mayweather. During his time at the podium, Mayweather claimed “Manny Pacquiao is a great fighter but he should take the test.” Yes, Mayweather pulled the good old, “take the test” trick out of his hat, a trick that never seems to fail the media or the fans. It seems as if Floyd has an arduous time keeping up with what excuse he is currently using for the fight with Manny not happening. The week prior to Mayweather saying this, Pacquiao told multiple boxing writers, including myself that OSTD wasn’t an issue and that the fight with Mayweather fell apart due to Floyd denying him a 50/50 split in revenue. According to both men, the fight isn’t happening on May 5th because they couldn’t come to an agreement on money, not drug testing. Yet, Floyd still disingenuously claims Manny should “take the test”. Mayweather then went on to claim that Pacquiao would never get a 50/50 split. “Nobody will” he claimed. What a tangled web we weave, when at first we plan to deceive.

If you are a boxing purist, it would be nearly impossible to not be a fan of Floyd Mayweather. In the ring he is brilliant. For two years now, I have defended him and took his side, telling others that he would easily beat Pacquiao, and I still believe he would. But, obviously we will never know due to the internal insecurities that Floyd has. All of the calling out via Twitter didn’t happen in 2009 after Pacquiao destroyed Miguel Cotto. It happened after Manny nearly lost a close decision to Juan Manuel Marquez last November. Floyd Mayweather is a coward. The sad thing is that he has no reason to be afraid, as he has all the tools to clearly beat Manny Pacquiao. Instead, he will tell Pacquiao to “take the test”, while Manny has already agreed to do so. You can blame Bob Arum, You can blame Manny Pacquiao, and you can blame whomever you want to blame.

The real blame should rest directly on the shoulders of Floyd Mayweather. It is evident in his actions that he doesn’t care about his legacy or his fans. He refuses to fight fighters’ in their prime, when the demand is in. Floyd is a business man first, Manny is a fighter first. Perhaps, that is the reason why Pacquiao was named “Fighter of the decade” and Mayweather wasn’t. Fight fans should take a look at Mayweather’s inconsistencies, which far outweigh those of Bob Arum, and blame him for the mega fight not happening. After all, it is not like he cares what the fans think of him anyway.

Comment

• When was the last time Manny made $40M in a fight?

I bet after the Top Rank bloodsuckers (Koncz and Uncle Bob) are done with him and his training costs he probably pockets $5M if he's lucky.

He should jump at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunk Punch View Post
                  When was the last time Manny made $40M in a fight?

I bet after the Top Rank bloodsuckers (Koncz and Uncle Bob) are done with him and his training costs he probably pockets $5M if he's lucky.

He should jump at it.

Arum and Schaefer. You shouldn't give a fuvk about how much Schaefer and arum are ripping Pac and Floyd in this fight.

The point is to make a mega fight you need 2 super stars. And that is pac and floyd. 50/50 is the rational thing to do. Anything less is a ducking move.

This is about principle. What is due Pac's should be given. You yourself won't agree to a 40 million guarantee with no ppv shares if you know there is a very big possibility you can get over 100million more. If you don't get it, it just means your a ******ed fool like your delusional racist idol. Go be sheep then.

It's called highway robbery if Pac agrees to Floyd. Nobody wants to have that feeling of being ripped off. Its a matter of principle for Pac while for Floyd its a matter of being a fraud and projecting he wants the fight when he knows darn well its a deal breaker.

A fraud will always be a fraud.

and we all know, Saying that Pacquiao doesn't deserve a 50/50 split because of Arum is no different than saying Pacquiao doesn't deserve a 50/50 split because most of Pac's share will go to charity. Or saying that your boss has the right to pay you less because he doesn't like your wife!! IT MAKES NO SENSE! It doesn't matter where Pacquiao's share of the money goes. A SPLIT IN REVENUE IS SOLELY DETERMINED BY THE MARKET VALUE OF EACH FIGHTER. Where that money goes afterwards (family, charity, cocaine, whores, etc.) does not matter!

All major sports media news outlets have NO PROBLEM with Pacquiao and Mayweather sharing the revenue of their megafight at 50/50!!

Floyd ain't for legacy. No super bowl glory, no nba championship winning shot. Just coasting to make easy winnable fights to rip of boxing fans who are gullible. Legit threats ain't in Floyd's agenda. Milking *****s is hehe! Sad but true.. It came out of the horses mouth..
                  Last edited by Spoon23; 04-27-2012, 12:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunk Punch View Post
                    When was the last time Manny made $40M in a fight?

He should jump at it.
                    When was the last time time Mayweather made $40 million in a fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                      The country had been in a near constant state of financial crisis since 2001. The financial crisis in 2008 was bad, but you can't just pick one isolated incident as being the causation of lower numbers when the overall financial climate for the last 10 years has been fairly bad. I do agree that if all things were held constant from Floyd-ODLH to Pac-ODLH the numbers could be different, but I see nothing that would merit the assumption that they would be significantly closer or even juxtaposed. How hard is it to gather 5 friends and split the costs of a PPV?
                      Having negative quarterly GDP does not constitute a constant state of crisis.

Let me get this straight you’re trying to tell me that in the worst financial meltdown since the 1930s Great Depression, a year in which Americans lost more than a quarter of their net worth. Coupled with sky high unemployment and record high foreclosures and bankruptcies, while every single sector of the economy was experiencing the adverse effects….this “isolated incident” had fcuk all to the with the disparity in numbers???? Really???

Get real man, GDP growth in Africa and Europe wad affected by this “isolated incident” in the US subprime mortgage market, including every other business in the States…but not boxing according to you. Especially taking into account that boxing is regarded as mainly being a “blue collar” sport, having the majority of its fan base hit hardest by the crisis.

Comment

Working...
                      X