No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. Says He Trains Harder Now Than When He Was Younger

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweather Jr. Says He Trains Harder Now Than When He Was Younger

Based on how much we rag on Floyd Mayweather Jr. here at LBS, it’s easy to forget that the guy is a fantastic athlete. He is undefeated and considered by many to be the top pound-for-pound fighter in the world. But Floyd doesn’t get by solely on pure talent; he works extremely hard to maintain his status as an elite boxer.

Speaking to troops in Afghanistan over Skype Monday, Mayweather was asked about his training regime. That’s when he explained why he works so hard now.

“When I was beating these fighters early on in my career… I trained, but I didn’t train as hard as I train now because, you know, on the plateau that I’m on I know everyone is gunning for me,” he said.

He was also asked how he stays motivated to remain near his fighting weight year-round.

“My Uncle Roger Mayweather [told me this from the beginning]. When you get into the sport of boxing, it’s a lifetime commitment, why not be responsible?”

Floyd captures our attention by attacking opponents, companies, or societal views with his opinions. That type of behavior makes him an unlikable character, but you have to respect him for the work he puts in. He’s dedicated to his craft and that’s a big reason he’s undefeated.
    http://network.yardbarker.com/boxing...ounger/6605119

it didnt look like he was training "that" hard during media day !!!! he did more trash talking to elie than he did sit ups !!! and i didnt even see him spar or do push ups whats up with that !!!! or maybe he was half assing it to throw ortiz off !!!

Comment

I doubt it that he now train harder than when he was younger. What we do know is that he now duck harder than when he was younger though.

Comment

Can't fault his effort the guy trains seriously hard...but thats something he need to do if he's gonna back that mouth up.

Comment

The minute he looks like crap, Koncz will call Freddie, who will call Manny who will call Ariza, who will call Bob, who will call Buboy, who will call Manny, who will call Leonard Ellerbe to say he's now ready to take the test.

Comment

he's older, so he's gotta work harder, pretty simple.

Comment

Originally posted by treason1 View Post
              it didnt look like he was training "that" hard during media day !!!! he did more trash talking to elie than he did sit ups !!! and i didnt even see him spar or do push ups whats up with that !!!! or maybe he was half assing it to throw ortiz off !!!
              A week out is maintaining weight. Every work out is a cooldown. Last thing you want is to be sore going into the fight.

Comment

Of course, he is training harder. He is getting older. He ain't young. 34 years old is close to 40 years old. And he has white hair already. His freaking beard had white on them pictures.

Sheesh.

NOTE
                The video below is my sig since we can't put music videos or any videos for a sig.

"Rick Perry is so dumb his grade point average is 2.0 a C student.
                We all know what happened to our nation when a C student took over."

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
                  The minute he looks like crap, Koncz will call Freddie, who will call Manny who will call Ariza, who will call Bob, who will call Buboy, who will call Manny, who will call Leonard Ellerbe to say he's now ready to take the test.
                  I love this guy....lol

nothing but pure entertainment.

Comment

cool story. . . hey guess what! APOCALYPTO is on STARZ RIGHT NOW! awesome movie. . . .

Comment

Working...
                    X