Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dirrel has that "you're gonna get robbed" look in his eyes.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arcyani View Post
    Sounds good on paper.

All Joshua Clottey has to do against Pacman is stand with him for the first couple of rounds to test his power, figure out some patterns and once the 3rd round strikes, walk pacman down and then unleash uppercuts and try to accumulate damage.

Once Pacmans thrown his combos Clottey just needs to blast him with body shots.

Pacman wins rounds 1-2 and Clottey dominates rounds 3-12 for a UD.

Yes, it's terrible.

Come on Arcyani, you know AA is a different animal than Clottey.

He has heart and a champion's mentality.

Clottey didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy O'Bannon View Post
      Come on Arcyani, you know AA is a different animal than Clottey.

He has heart and a champion's mentality.

Clottey didn't.
      The problem is fights look so good coming up and end up such a disappointment half of the time.

AA would have to be something special to execute that plan to a tee. Most of the time boxers fight off instinct once they hit the ring, Mayweathers so good because he adapts during the fight.

I think AA only chance is to land something big, I don't think he will be able to set a plan that accommodates to Dirrells counter plan because I don't think AA will have time to settle until the later rounds which time Dirrell would be ahead on points and avoid anything AA might pull.

Comment

The problem is fights look so good coming up and end up such a disappointment half of the time.

AA would have to be something special to execute that plan to a tee. Most of the time boxers fight off instinct once they hit the ring, Mayweathers so good because he adapts during the fight.

I think AA only chance is to land something big, I don't think he will be able to set a plan that accommodates to Dirrells counter plan because I don't think AA will have time to settle until the later rounds which time Dirrell would be ahead on points and avoid anything AA might pull.
        TBH, I'm not even looking forward to this fight cuz' Dirrell's involved mostly.

But AA's style isn't exactly scintillating either.

I just hope its not a hugfested, marathon that ends in a robbery.

Comment

I personally thought Dirrel had an "I'm gonna get raped look" but i didn't make a thread about it.

Comment

Dirrel has the perfect style to beat a guy like Abraham who fights out of the guard. Dirrel has the speed and intelligence to come around the guard with angles and the footwork to get out the way when Abe attacks. Only thing is Abe has the kind of punch which can end a fight in an instant as he has proven before. If Dirrel can avoid getting caught he probably wins on points, but Abraham is smart and knows how to lull you into a false sense of security before unleashing, and he has the strong defence to sit behind all night without getting hit much.

Comment

Sounds good on paper.

All Joshua Clottey has to do against Pacman is stand with him for the first couple of rounds to test his power, figure out some patterns and once the 3rd round strikes, walk pacman down and then unleash uppercuts and try to accumulate damage.

Once Pacmans thrown his combos Clottey just needs to blast him with body shots.

Pacman wins rounds 1-2 and Clottey dominates rounds 3-12 for a UD.

Yes, it's terrible.
              Please dont tell me you are comparing Abraham to Clottey? lol
              Two different types of fighters one comes to lose(Clottey) and the other comes to win(Abraham).

Will discuss this matter further tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Hellboy View Post
                Arthur will come out and walk to him with a high guard and see how Dirrell reacts, he'll find out patterns and habits, and somewhere around round 4-5 he'll start dropping bombs on Dirrels fragile body so to slow him down.

Round 8-9 Dirrell will feel the effect of Abrahams pressure and will find himself to either run and potshot without effect, or punch himself out, as Abraham starts to find his mark Dirrell will be out cold.

Probably will leave Dirrell stretched out in dramatic fashion.

KO of the year coming im afraid.
                This too is how I see it going.

Comment

I just can't see dirrell winning the fight, I believe to beat Froch convincingly you have to be able to go to the body. That's why I think Andre Ward can beat AA. However, Andre Dirrell will run away all night, and he will look really beat because AA doesn't run right after anybody. He's really good at distance and keeping guys off balance. I love the way he fights.

However, I can see a robery, which is why all bets are off.

Comment

Working...
                  X