Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua Pleads With Wilder To Start Fighting Better Opponents

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    Joshua's comp as a world champ has been a joke. Until he's actually gotten in there with Wlad, he's not getting any more credit for that one than Deontay trying to fight Povetkin.
    I'm not here to defend Wilder so you can go chase that argument up a tree.
    Breazeale was a fight to capitalise on the fact he was champ that was an easy opponent but brought in good money from the UK public for PPV.. nothing more nothing less.

was still ranked top 20 Heavyweight apparently though.

Molina was a bum fight because the WBA didnt sanction quick enough for the klitschko fight but At least they sorted Klitschko during and announced it on the night. I never saw negotiations from Wilders camp with a top opponent when he got the replacement for the first povetkin fight to do something afterwards?

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
      Vlad ain't all that either.

He's been blasted out by the likes of Ross Purrity and Lamon Brewster.
      I respect Wlad a lot. I was partially joking when I said he was a guy in his 40's coming off a loss but, if we take away the mystique, he really is an old dog who looked the ass-end of awful in his last fight. The body is still there, but his mind is someplace else.

I'll still give AJ credit if he beats him. I have nothing against AJ. It's just embarrassing to see him criticize Wilder when AJ hasn't even fought a Stiverne-level opponent yet. Being humble was one of the best things AJ had going for him.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
        Breazeale was a fight to capitalise on the fact he was champ that was an easy opponent but brought in good money from the UK public for PPV.. nothing more nothing less.

was still ranked top 20 Heavyweight apparently though.

Molina was a bum fight because the WBA didnt sanction quick enough for the klitschko fight but At least they sorted Klitschko during and announced it on the night. I never saw negotiations from Wilders camp with a top opponent when he got the replacement for the first povetkin fight to do something afterwards?
        None of that changes anything I said, and, though I did not come here to defend Wilder, it should be said that Areola was the best last-minute replacement he could find and he tore his bicep and bent the pins in his hands (major stuff in case you didn't know) so he was shelved for quite a while. He's taking his tune-up and I expect him to act like a real HW champ after that. If he doesn't, I'll be one of the first to criticize.

Comment

StiVerne is better than anyone Joshua has faced. Joshua is definitely going to KO Klitschko. Klitschko is beyond done. So Joshua should keep his eyes on his own paper, because Wilder and him are facing the same type of guys. Charles Martin and Dominic Brazeale are 2 garbage ass heavyweights that had padded records, and fell into "world" title contention. I think 2 years from now, we'll see who is who.

Comment

how about yall fight each other and unify

Comment

None of that changes anything I said, and, though I did not come here to defend Wilder, it should be said that Areola was the best last-minute replacement he could find and he tore his bicep and bent the pins in his hands (major stuff in case you didn't know) so he was shelved for quite a while. He's taking his tune-up and I expect him to act like a real HW champ after that. If he doesn't, I'll be one of the first to criticize.
              Yeah im not arguing you're speaking absolute sense im not saying otherwise.

Aside though.. and this is a legit question. Who do you think Wilder is going to fight next? not who he wants.. not hype etc etc, if you could be a future teller what is the name of his next opponent?

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
                how about yall fight each other and unify
                You know Joshua don't want to do anything but talk.

Comment

Appropriate since Joshua has faced a wealth of great opponents, including a Wilder leftover in his last fight. He's now stepping up to take on a guy in his 40's coming off a loss. Preach on AJ.
                  That guy in his 40's coming off a loss is better than everyone on Deontay's resume combined. That's the funny part about your comment.

Comment

I think Wilder is generally a flawed fighter, but even I'll admit that Stiverne is the best guy either of them has faced to date. AJ just trying to get some of that bad blood flowing for their eventual PPV showdown. It's good to start the talk early. It gets the fans engaged and the hype builds. Just don't take a L to an old washed up Champ.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                      One of the biggest fights to be made is a unification between undefeated heavyweight champions Anthony Joshua (18-0, 18 KOs) and Deontay Wilder (37-0, 36 KOs). Both boxers have upcoming defenses scheduled. Wilder is back on Saturday night in Alabama, where he defends his WBC title against Gerald Washington. Joshua returns on April 29th at Wembley, in one of the year's biggest fights, by defending the IBF title against Wladimir Klitschko.
                      [Click Here To Read More]

don't really have a problem with anything Joshua said

he sounded quite respectful, and despite just arriving on the world-stage Joshua is signed to fight Klitschko next..... who is better than any previous Wilder opponent

but, Wilder cannot be blamed for the Povetkin issue, so Joshua needs to take that into account

Joshua is still a couple of years/fights away from being regarded as an authority at heavyweight

Comment

Working...
                      X