Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: GGG Can Fight Canelo or Keep Making What He Makes!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
    no offense but apparently you're one of the gullible fools I was referring to. Answer this, when was an offer ever made by golden boy for ggg to be canelos next fight?? All of this talk about offers has always been for a fight no sooner than the end of 2017 yet ggg is the one dragging out the fight? How quickly we forget how Canelo went from saying he wouldn't give up his belt if ggg was enforced as his mandatory to just handing it over without a fight.

WHO FKN CARES ?

lame excuse

Mr "anyone from 154-168" shat the bed and totally refused to negotiate with THE SUPERSTAR Canelo on weight, despite promising that he would fight Canelo at 154.....

Golovkin Would Fight Ward at 168 and Canelo at 154.....
    http://thaboxingvoice.com/golovkin-a...4/15398?var=no

..... so NOW, he has to wait until Canelo is ready at 160

it was utterly naive for Team Bullshht to think that they were going to manipulate an advantage over Canelo...... and absurd for fans to think that was ever going to happen

Golovkin should have taken that FORTUNE, and committed Canelo contractually..... but he chose not to

so, hard luck for him

Comment

• Originally posted by paulf View Post
      Manny Pacquiao made $15 million fighting Oscar De La Hoya. Think about that.

honestly, these tards don't give a fk about the money, and they don't give a fk about Golovkin either

they hate Ward/Canelo more than they love Golovkin

Golovkin is just their latest creepy man-crush, they will dump him like a turd when he loses

want proof..... ?

the best result for Golovkin is for Canelo to beat Chavez well, and for Golovkin to beat Jacobs well..... hopefully selling a lot of PPV's, setting up that fight, and putting Golovkin in a good negotiating position

but no..... they want Chavez to win LMAOOOOOOO

Golovkin fans are full of shht, how on earth can they possibly justify demanding more money..... when Golovkin cannot sell 100k PPV's and has never beaten a meaningful opponent

Golovkin fans made silly childish excuses for FOUR YEARS, running around saying that everyone was "scared" of Golovkin..... now they are falling over themselves making silly excuses why Golovkin simply cannot fight Canelo..... because 15mil is not a big enough FORTUNE for Gennady "money" Golovkin LOOOOOOOOOOL

bunch of dropkicks

Comment

• Originally posted by TexasCowBoy View Post
        Call his bluff GGG

he has never called anyone's bluff..... EVER !

not Ward, not Lara, not Cotto, and not Canelo either

calling their bluff would result in a fight..... and we simply cannot have that now, can we?

Comment

• [QUOTE=Ake-Dawg;17444271]
          Originally posted by Gonzalez_Boxing View Post
          Saying an upside is in the offer doesn't make it a fair without knowing exact figures and stipulations.

Why as a fan do we give a crap about what is fair? How as a fan not aware of the inner workings of the business side of boxing judge what's fair? To me, only the Trip fans are working the fair argument as the flat fee argument is now dead. 10 million plus upside is a 3-4 fights worth of money for Trip. Fair or not...it's career high game changing money.
          Do I care what is fair, no. It's not my money or life on the line, it's not my career on the line. It's just common sense that the fighter is going to look out for his best interest.

I'll reserve my opinion on the contract once I actually see or hear from a reliable source what it actually consist of.
          Last edited by Gonzalez_Boxing; 02-22-2017, 08:35 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Gonzalez_Boxing;17446008]
            Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post

Do I care what is fair, no. It's not my money or life on the line, it's not my career on the line. It's just common sense that the fighter is going to look out for his best interest.

I'll reserve my opinion on the contract once I actually see or hear from a reliable source what it actually consist of.
            Your one of the few guys making sense in this thread. I'd like to see them fight but it's up to them to set the terms. They might never fight if both sides get stubborn. There is pride involved here, not just in winning the fight but both guys getting paid what they think they are worth.

Comment

• Here's the deal, if Canelo doesn't fight GGG, how much longer is he doing profitable ppv's?

He's only going to get away with so many more Liam Smith fights, and there's a lot of overhead for a Canelo fight. He likely rematches Chavez, but then what?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                not really.

Alvarez has shown that he's willing to fight whomever at the weight that he wants, and he's the biggest draw in the sport 154-168.

Golovkin's only possible chance at any leverage would come with having all of the belts, and even that isn't all that much.

Alvarez is likely going to be able to make 154lbs for another year or so, and from them on, he can simply fight catchweight fights for the rest of his career, until the time comes to fight for a world title at 168 (if that move happens).

Any fighter north of 140lbs with a name is going to angle for the catchweight fight against the star versus taking a lesser payday to fight Golovkin for his trinkets.
                Canelo's PPV numbers are dropping in each fight. This upcoming fight with Chavez will do well but after that I don't see big numbers for him at 154.

Comment

• Canelo has LOADS of options.

GGG only has Canelo, because he refused to fight everyone else

no Cotto, no Ward, no Lara, no Saunders..... and now, no Canelo

Canelo has Chavez, Cotto, Saunders, even Lemieux/Eubank.

if Mr " 154-168 " had negotiated on the weight with lil old faded 153lb Cotto..... his career would be mapping out diffferently

of all the bizarre decisions made by Team Bullshht, THAT is the most bizarre

totally unfathomable..... who would do that, and why ?

Golovkin is either totally over-rated or he doesn't like money..... they had no faith in him beating Cotto under 160

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    WHO FKN CARES ?

lame excuse

Mr "anyone from 154-168" shat the bed and totally refused to negotiate with THE SUPERSTAR Canelo on weight, despite promising that he would fight Canelo at 154.....

Golovkin Would Fight Ward at 168 and Canelo at 154.....
                    http://thaboxingvoice.com/golovkin-a...4/15398?var=no

..... so NOW, he has to wait until Canelo is ready at 160

it was utterly naive for Team Bullshht to think that they were going to manipulate an advantage over Canelo...... and absurd for fans to think that was ever going to happen

Golovkin should have taken that FORTUNE, and committed Canelo contractually..... but he chose not to

so, hard luck for him
                    I see that there's no rationalizing and logic to your argument. You have a man crush on Canelo and he can do no wrong in your loving eyes. Even though the rest of the sane world knows he wants no parts of ggg and all of his games with weight, flat fee money, belts, etc has all been a ploy to avoid a real challenge.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
                      I see that there's no rationalizing and logic to your argument. You have a man crush on Canelo and he can do no wrong in your loving eyes. Even though the rest of the sane world knows he wants no parts of ggg and all of his games with weight, flat fee money, belts, etc has all been a ploy to avoid a real challenge.

I will break it down for ya.....

1) Canelo is a SUPERSTAR, and Golovkin is NOT

2) Golovkin made a fool of himself by running around for FOUR YEARS stating that he can beat "anyone from 154-168"..... but then ****ting the bed by demanding catchweights from Ward/Froch, while refusing to negotiate on weight with the SUPERSTARS Cotto and Canelo.... Canelo, however..... did not, he said no such wild claim

when you add up points 1 and 2, it is clearly obvious that when Golovkin refused to negotiate on weight with the SUPERSTAR Canelo, he killed the possibility of that fight happening until Canelo is ready at 160

it was utterly naive for Team Bullshht (the B-side) to think that they were EVER going to manipulate an advantage over Canelo (the A-side)..... and any golov-fan who ever thought that was going to happen is being quite ridiculous

that is not only rational and logical, it is plainly fkn obvious

Comment

Working...
                      X