Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it true that Pac's PPV won't be on HBO?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manny should've just taken less money and allowed HBO to air it on regular subscription HBO. I'm a Manny fan so it pains me to say the truth, but dude just ain't a PPV attraction anymore unless he's fighting a relevant opponent. Vargas is a nice fighter, I'd say he's a solid B guy in the sport, but only hardcore fans even know who he is. And those fans know that he has little more than a puncher's chance, even against an end of the road Manny Pacquiao. If the same Pacquiao that we saw in Pac/Bradley 3 shows up, then he should smoke Vargas.

I think Pacquiao/Vargas on regular subscription HBO would've done really good ratings. Would've been the first time in years and years that Manny was back on regular HBO, and a lot of people would've jumped at the chance to see a Pacquiao fight for free.

But PPV? Against Vargas? Nobody outside of Pacquiao fans will or would be willing to pay PPV price for that.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
      I don't think the Pacman has any value to HBO anymore. When your bouts are being televised through a TR stream, then it's time to realize you are pretty much done. No demand.

War Vargas!
      "No demand" but his purse is gonna be bigger than any other boxer nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by BoliviaChiLEsp View Post
        "No demand" but his purse is gonna be bigger than any other boxer nowadays.
        What's his purse for the Vargas fight? Don't think TR will pay him the same without HBO contributing.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
          What's his purse for the Vargas fight? Don't think TR will pay him the same without HBO contributing.
          At least three or four times more than any welterweight.

I mean, right now, with Canelo they have the biggest pureses in boxing; there is a demand to pay them that.

Comment

Working...
          X