Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thread for: Roman Gonzalez Vacates 112 WBC Belt, will keep fighting at 115.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ham Porter View Post
    Mexicans reduced to crying robbery over some marathon slapper not getting a decision.
    Mexicans brawl they are sock em bop em robots, they box they are marathon slappers. You see the irony too?

Comment

Originally posted by dranoel View Post
      Did you watch the fight?
      Gonzalez threw more and out-landed Caudras. So all his footwork and angles most likely hindered his output quality. Or Roman's defense on the front foot is incredible. So you have a guy who supposedly uses this very impressive lateral technique(which wasn't the case).

Lateral technique used impressively is efficient-- something like Rigondeaux. Quality spacing enough to get out of situations and quality punches.

When you're running and throwing, arm and slaps-- that's not quality boxing.

I think you're confusing the two. Quality boxing technique deals with fundamentals-- not unorthodox made-up slap punches that miss nonetheless and backward pivots resembling the quality of a drunkard. You shouldn't be all over the place in the ring to make a guy miss in order for one to maintain control of the ring, it's redundant and unnecessary. Either the pressure is affecting your thinking, or you aren't skilled enough to actually avoid punches well so you OVERREACT.

Even the crowd voted-- because entirely, the situation was Caudras was boxing well until the latter stages of the fight, where he landed 10 punches in the 8th and literally ran for the most part.

Sure Roman was going to miss a non-stationary targeted that is using his feet to dash away while pressing the action the way he was. Can factor ring size to opponent length and size. No matter who you are, or how good you're at cutting off the ring that'll always be the case against a guy who literally runs, and is likely the bigger puncher(though that feature seemed to belong to the guy pressing the action). There's no way around that, really. You're reacting as an offensive fighter.
      Sort of like a corner-back in Football. They're ratios of being on par with a receiver at their level is pretty awful due to the very same nature of circumstance. Don't get lateral movement confused with slick and actual boxing. I was amazed Gonzalez even landed punches on this guy by the end of the fight.

So if you think he couldn't cut off the ring, all while maintaining better stats, and such-- then you're objectively mistaken.
      Actually not really, IMO Keith Thurman has better lateral movement than Rigo, he uses the whole ring to bait/setup and counter. Rigo has better angles and foot placement. See I think thats what people get confused. You can laterally move IF it sets up purpose, people are acting like Cuadras turned his back and ran. Or he pulled an Erislandy Lara and moved to avoid a fight. And yeah he mad Gonzalez miss, I am sure that was the gameplan because imo Gonzalez was tired from missing and the body shots at the end of the fight which is more telling of who landed the cleaner better punches than Gonzalez face. Gonzalez looked "spent" like RJJ said, Cuadras looked like the fresher fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
        I as watching the fight on Bias ass HBO, what were you watching? IDK man you might know more than me about boxing, who knows I dont know you and dont know you well enough to insult your intelligence like you did to me but I will answer your questions man. I just wonder if youd insult me to my face. Anyways its cool man to each there own.

So to answer your questionsNo I am not Bias. Thats actually part of my whole complaint. HBO was Bias and people that watched (like you I am assuming) just heard HBO rant about Gonzalez when he WAS MISSING, also IDK where punchstats said Gonzalez landed that many. Punch stats made it look like Gonzalez beat the **** out of Cuadras. When that was not the case.

I never said anything about Gonzalez face, but in hindsight it was telling who landed the harder shots. Not only that Cuadras still had energy in the championship rds when Gonzalez looked like a beat man. Honestly man, my only complaint about Cuadras was he laid off the body but Im assuming it was because the head was so easy to hit. Gonzalez punches in the last 3 rds were telling on who landed the better punches more than his swollen eyes. Gonzalez was also worn out from missing so much, it happens.

And you know what man respect to Gonzalez for moving up to prove himself that takes balls but balls dont always win a boxing match. Skills do and Gonzalez got out boxed. 7-5. Also what happened to having to beat the champ? Also isnt it Max Kellerman that always says who would you rather be after the fight as a way of scoring the fight? Well I am sure (decision aside) a majority of people wouldve rather been Cuadras.

Oh and lastly, from what you are saying I think its safe to assume you watched the fight once, try watching it on mute and tuck your feelings away. Then talk, its obvious even watching you couldve seen cuadras as the winner.
        Yes i was a bit angry in general yesterday, not my intention to spit venom, anyways i watched the fight once yes and it was on a ukrainian stream so i didnt have the hbo commentators, but as i said i thought it Gonzalez won clearly, Cuadras did rally in the later rounds but it wasnt enough imo, Gonzalez was just clearly all around better, except for in the speed department
        And btw im by no means a Gonzalez "fanboy", i acctually find him kinda annoying talking bout alexis arguello 24/7 but that doesnt take away the fact that hes one of the technically most skilled fighters in the game
        My favorite fighters are the ones that impresses me the most in the boxing game, mostly technically oriented fighters, who uses technical prowess and high boxing IQ to beat their opponents, such as in this case Gonzalez, there is nothing brawler about him, its all movement, angles and pressure
        And im in Stockholm, Sweden so if u wanna chat F2F you know where im @

Comment

Working...
        X