No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    His while thing was just trying to get revenge for his sister, nothing we had cared about whatsoever prior to the season, and then it ended ridiculously with that dude ripping his face off or whatever......like who cares about his story whatsoever???

That's the thing with Thrones. It's always at it's best when it's most focused. Season 1, Season 3 with the wars in the North and Robb Stark and all that. End of Season 5 with the White Walkers/The Wall stuff, and end of Season 6 with the stuff in Kings Landing and the battle in the north.

It falters when it crams 10 stories into the plot at once, cause we only care about a few of them. I'm happy Tyrion is headed back to Westeros, cause I honestly haven't cared about him much since the end of 4.

But it's the same with Vikings. Season 4 was easily the worst so far cause it had too much trying to go on, instead of like Seasons 1-3, which were nearly all focused on Ragnar and his conquests, with some time obviously focused a little on Paris near the end of 3, Wessex here and there, etc.

Arya legit took like 6 seasons to do much of anything lol

But 4 just had too many story lines to really care about many of them, and it felt like they were trying to shock us for the sake of shocking us at times.

So you finally got into the show.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrushMyHair. View Post
      So you finally got into the show.
      I made a deal with a friend that I'd watch Game of Thrones, one of his all time favorite shows, if he would watch Vikings, one of mine.

We both liked each. I'm still partial to Vikings though cause Ragnar is single handily the greatest character on both.

But I like Thrones. Seasons 1 and 3 are HANDS DOWN the best. Season 1 had the tightest story by far, and Ned Stark was a phenomenal character you could root hard for. Season 3 had a tremendous pay off.

Seasons 5 and 6 were just OK to me, but they were elevated by the last couple episodes in each to Good solid seasons.

Season 2 was decent, but kind of boring tbh. Season 4 was just average. It spent way too much time on meh story lines, and had to much ah ha! shocked you! **** in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by JabRight View Post
        I might apply to be an extra in the next season. A friend at work, his wife works for the agency that supplies them with extras based in the UK. I can get to Northern Ireland in about 7 hours. Just for shits and giggles.

Don't know, half of me just cant be bothered, then again being on a live set of Thrones would be cool. Been an extra before when I was 10 or 11 so my acting career has been very dry, i'd have a lot of ring rust.
        **** that, Jab. Go. maybe you can bring us some spoilers.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post
              **** that, Jab. Go. maybe you can bring us some spoilers.
              Yeah, I called the guys bluff (not tht I thought he was lying tbh) and the wants clothed pictures, a top off picture, then a full nude (they pay you more if willing) so I've done it all. He gave me the impression his missus works for this firm and just sorts things out, but it appears she gets too call some shots.

I've fukin wild hair, Wildling extra? Hell knows but I've put a full application out, and she might 'speed' me through. I thought my mates missus just worked for them but was low down (I've no reason why to think that, I just did).

But I think she has some say in the matter, so, abit taken aback. If say I do this, judging by the set/whats going on, I could bring a spoiler in in a few months time.
              I told her i'd do nude. She smiled and said "we don't need that this season....Are you fit?". If I got a battle scene i'd break down in tears of joy. As I've said, I've been an extra in two Blockbuster movies before (true story), so no shyness is being deployed. Wait a few to a handful of weeks....

Don't see why I won't get it. #slyonsetpicsfortheloungeifthishappens.

Comment

• Game of Thrones live concert: 'I want to take the audience to Westeros'

The TV show’s composer Ramin Djawadi hopes to break new ground with a musical extravaganza featuring an orchestra and immersive visuals

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...-ramin-djawadi

lol game of thrones music concert.

its coming through my town...

this show sucks so much....

Comment

• Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
                  Game of Thrones live concert: 'I want to take the audience to Westeros'

The TV show’s composer Ramin Djawadi hopes to break new ground with a musical extravaganza featuring an orchestra and immersive visuals

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...-ramin-djawadi

lol game of thrones music concert.

its coming through my town...

this show sucks so much....

You know you're gonna watch it.

Let us know how it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post

Let us know how it is.

that nerd writes letters to Khaleesi everyday...in Dorthraki

Comment

• Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post

Let us know how it is.
                      Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                      that nerd writes letters to Khaleesi everyday...in Dorthraki

Comment

Working...
                      X