Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When was the last time there was 3 white guys in the top 5 pfp?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
    Wtf white boys are getting desperate pretty pathetic.

Ward is black he considers himself full black look at his family.

GGG looks more asian than anything else.

Kovalev you can have him no one cares about him.
    Uhhh wards dad was a full blown white man...

His dad also used to be a boxer.

So there ya go.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      None of that matters to my question.... Name 3 better fighters than ward
      I could name the entirety of my p4p top 10 but your response would "but but, p4p tho..." or "yeah but super six tho" etc

The fact is, people can claim Ward has all these skills but unless he proves it against a genuinely good opponent, what am I supposed to say? Go off rumours and conjectures and a performance half a decade ago?

Cmon now. If Ward beats Kov, especially if he does so comfortably or has some kind of physical domination, then yes, I have no problem ranking Ward p4p top 5.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        I could name the entirety of my p4p top 10 but your response would "but but, p4p tho..." or "yeah but super six tho" etc

The fact is, people can claim Ward has all these skills but unless he proves it against a genuinely good opponent, what am I supposed to say? Go off rumours and conjectures and a performance half a decade ago?

Cmon now. If Ward beats Kov, especially if he does so comfortably or has some kind of physical domination, then yes, I have no problem ranking Ward p4p top 5.
        Still never answered

Let me guess, you probably have roman Gonzalez on your p4p list even though he doesn't have a quality win since Estrada 4 years ago..

I don't get how inactivity = bad skills,, floyd had large stretches of inactivity yet it never hurt his skills or rankings..

Kovolev and Ward are clearly the best 2 fighters in the world not named floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
          LOL @ Ward. Best Irish fighter ever. He and GGG are mixed race.. although America has a thing where mixed race people (one black, one white parent) are considered black apparently. IDK. That is what that is I guess.

Probably back in the early 1900s.
          it depends on the father. if a kid is 50/50 black/white, we look at the dad. if the dad is white then kid is white if the dad is black then kid is black. simple.

Comment

Still never answered

Let me guess, you probably have roman Gonzalez on your p4p list even though he doesn't have a quality win since Estrada 4 years ago..

I don't get how inactivity = bad skills,, floyd had large stretches of inactivity yet it never hurt his skills or rankings..

Kovolev and Ward are clearly the best 2 fighters in the world not named floyd
            Roman Gonzalez has shown his skill set against a better quality of opposition than Ward in that same time period. YOu not knowing anyone other than Estrada in the lower divisions isn't his fault.

And I've not said Ward lacks skills. I've said that we don't know if he is still as good as he was v Froch or to a lesser extent Dawson. To not only bring Ward into the p4p afterh is abysmal last 3 opponents but to plonk him straight into the top 5 in favouritism and fandom.

I'm a boxing fan, not a boxer fan.

Comment

Roman Gonzalez has shown his skill set against a better quality of opposition than Ward in that same time period. YOu not knowing anyone other than Estrada in the lower divisions isn't his fault.

And I've not said Ward lacks skills. I've said that we don't know if he is still as good as he was v Froch or to a lesser extent Dawson. To not only bring Ward into the p4p afterh is abysmal last 3 opponents but to plonk him straight into the top 5 in favouritism and fandom.

I'm a boxing fan, not a boxer fan.
              Name Roman's great wins and opponents since Estrada in 2012

Has he fought nietas, iota, ruengwrang, Estrada 2, inoui

Or is he fighting ancient guys like Sosa, or viloria who hasn't had a major win in over 5 years, or how about the guy with 27 losses that roman fought..

Your double standard is very clear

Comment

Name Roman's great wins and opponents since Estrada in 2012

Has he fought nietas, iota, ruengwrang, Estrada 2, inoui

Or is he fighting ancient guys like Sosa, or viloria who hasn't had a major win in over 5 years, or how about the guy with 27 losses that roman fought..

Your double standard is very clear
                There's no double standard here, I'm not even the biggest Gonzalez fan but I'd have him as a top 10 p4p because of the way he has dispatched his opponents and the fact that he has fought better opponents than Ward's last three. It's not even a contest. I dare you to tell me fighting Paul Smith was better than fighting Fuentes.

But this isn't just about Roman, it's about guys like Kovalev, GGG, Wlad, Fury, Pacquiao, Bradley, heck even TC who is still relatively young, who have all done more than Ward in that time period and many of those guys have dominated better opposition than Barrera or Smith.

I'm just being objective, if you can tell me who these great fighters are that Ward has fought in his last 3 fights, spanning 3 years, I'll agree I was wrong. But you won't, because there are no top fighters.

If you rank guys based on how good you THINK they are, fair enough. If you're a fan of Ward and must have him p4p top 1, fair enough. But don't make out like it's an objective decision based on boxing when it's nothing more than fandom.

Comment

There's no double standard here, I'm not even the biggest Gonzalez fan but I'd have him as a top 10 p4p because of the way he has dispatched his opponents and the fact that he has fought better opponents than Ward's last three. It's not even a contest. I dare you to tell me fighting Paul Smith was better than fighting Fuentes.

But this isn't just about Roman, it's about guys like Kovalev, GGG, Wlad, Fury, Pacquiao, Bradley, heck even TC who is still relatively young, who have all done more than Ward in that time period and many of those guys have dominated better opposition than Barrera or Smith.

I'm just being objective, if you can tell me who these great fighters are that Ward has fought in his last 3 fights, spanning 3 years, I'll agree I was wrong. But you won't, because there are no top fighters.

If you rank guys based on how good you THINK they are, fair enough. If you're a fan of Ward and must have him p4p top 1, fair enough. But don't make out like it's an objective decision based on boxing when it's nothing more than fandom.
                  Fair enough, I just don't see the point in penalizing Ward.. The guy is still an extremely elite top fighter, Kovolev is the only guy from 160-175 that has any chance of beating Ward..

Comment

I refuse to call Andre Ward white unless he beats Kovalev

only then he'll earn that priviledge

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
                      Are you a self hating Irishman?
                      I'm actually known to have a bit of an ego so no...

Comment

Working...
                      X