Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Mayweather fights Canelo at 154 would it be for the Ring/Lineal Title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
    Oh absolutely. Canelo won the lineal belt by beating the magnificent Matthew Hatton. So yes, clearly this would be a lineal championship on the line here folks!
    Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

canelo never won the lineal title..but floyd is #1 beat the #2 cotto so yes canelo-floyd would be for the lineal title
    The logic being used is Mayweather is #1 by The Ring and Canelo is #3 so they would fight for the Lineage. Of course, they won't be.

But, they will most likely fight for The Ring Title, sadly.
    yes it would be for the lineal title rather you like it or not..they are the #1 and #3 at 154..floyd already beat the #2...so how would it not be for the lineal title
    Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    Can Martinez still be called the 154lb lineal champion? Probably not lol.
    But nobody at the division right now deserves that label.
    He was NEVER lineal

Comment

Do you think he would fight Trout if Cotto loses? You also forgot Lara/Vanes, which is supposed to be the final eliminator. Do you see WBC enforcing it ASAP, maybe Canelo would fight the mandatory in May instead of Trout.
      I think he'd fight Trout, and he'd fight the Lara/Vanes winner, if Vanes wins. There is no way in hell Golden Boy will risk him against Erislandy Lara, no way. He can fight other good fighters in his weight class and get recognition without fighting Lara. I think Golden Boy, if Lara beats Vanes, will have him fight the likes of a Molina rematch, Rosado, and fights like that.

Comment

Can Martinez still be called the 154lb lineal champion? Probably not lol.
        But nobody at the division right now deserves that label.
        yea im pretty sure martinez never was lineal. winky was the last one, the line has been dead ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry.X. View Post

He was NEVER lineal
          Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          yea im pretty sure martinez never was lineal. winky was the last one, the line has been dead ever since.
          I know, just felt like trolling for a moment
          Last edited by kiaba360; 09-18-2012, 07:29 PM.

Comment

since his fake retirement and his trip off the Ring rankings....(THE REAL RING ).....NOT the fake DLH owned RING raitngs...........Ahhhhh lets take a gander....

JMM.... Robbed him of weight. Fought him with him moving up TWO divisions for the first time...and coming in heavy at weigh-in and heavier on fight night!

Shane Mosley....LOL Old past prime fighter with about 6 rounds in him at best.

Victor Ortiz....Sucker punched him for a win! heheheheeeee

Miguel Cotto....One whoes been in boxing mags wondering if hes got what it takes to keep fighting. It was an Okay fight! But Cotto cracks when he cant get his way or gets beat to the punch! Pretty good win, but thats it!
            Four fights....like this....Ring Lineal Title.....Fu8k Ring and DLH magazine company...dont mean shlt! Like Floyds wins! Please bring on the Manny remarks!

Comment

And if he were to fight Martinez it would arguably (Ward is pretty incredible) be for the P4P crown

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                I think he'd fight Trout, and he'd fight the Lara/Vanes winner, if Vanes wins. There is no way in hell Golden Boy will risk him against Erislandy Lara, no way. He can fight other good fighters in his weight class and get recognition without fighting Lara. I think Golden Boy, if Lara beats Vanes, will have him fight the likes of a Molina rematch, Rosado, and fights like that.
                Hmm....maybe GBP allowed TR to buy up Lara/Vanes in the hope that if Lara pulls it off, it would automatically be an in-house fight. Oscar has not name-dropped any TR fighters, so Lara could still be a potential possibility, he just has to win to get his foot in the door. And remember that Lara has Haymon now too.

It's hard to predict because you have to take into account the politics. They already set a precedent with Josesito, so they could just as easily offer a fight to Maidana, and he would be crazy enough to take it. Oh lawd, the uncertainty of this sport.

Comment

I am sure Ring would make the winner their champion. I would recognize the winner as the true champion but I am not sure everybody would agree. As far as lineal goes, Winky Wright was the last lineal champ at 154. Bundrage has a tittle claim and probably some other guy also. I am not sure what it takes to be the lineal champ with so many different "world" tittles around.

Comment

He would be the ring but not lineal

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      Sike.

Sulaiman already prohibited Gingerella from fighting Trout cause he popped for marijuana like years ago or some crap?

Comment

Working...
                      X