Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Almost 1 year ago Andre Ward KO Kovalev in the 8th round.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost 1 year ago Andre Ward KO Kovalev in the 8th round.

Watching the fight again. Brilliant Performance by the Son of God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WhT4YUVtSw

it was weird the way kovalev started acting kooky.

Comment

This fight still haunts NSB.
      I've rarely seen so many people talk so much shyt and end up looking like complete a**holes. What a joy that was.

Edit; rewatching it for the the first time, it's crazy how confident Ward was. Looking at his body language, you'd never guess that Kovalev is the killer that he is. Ward was reading him and going tit for tat, constantly. Such a gutsy performance.
      Last edited by Redd Foxx; 06-12-2018, 03:59 AM.

Comment

only time i ever seen krusher get krushed himself, though worth pointing out it was tko not ko.

Though I think the first fight was more of a draw, still cant argue with the decision, it could have gone either way, and certainly cant argue with tko8.
        Last edited by DreamFighter; 06-12-2018, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Never before has any boxer landed so many legal low blows. Ward is a legend. The most legal low blows against Kovalev and the most legal headbutts against Kessler. What a skilled fighter he was.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            This fight still haunts NSB.
            I've rarely seen so many people talk so much shyt and end up looking like complete a**holes. What a joy that was.

Edit; rewatching it for the the first time, it's crazy how confident Ward was. Looking at his body language, you'd never guess that Kovalev is the killer that he is. Ward was reading him and going tit for tat, constantly. Such a gutsy performance.
            agreed...just his body language and facial expression...its like ward knew exactly what was going to happen...like they knew the bully would wilt under the heat and they had the perfect gameplan....brilliant performance.....I think ward knew he had kovalev once he got up from the KD and did much better the 2nd half of the first fight

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              Never before has any boxer landed so many legal low blows. Ward is a legend. The most legal low blows against Kovalev and the most legal headbutts against Kessler. What a skilled fighter he was.
              ha but no, there was only one, right as the ref was calling it off.

Comment

That fight was so awesome. Ward put on a beautiful performance. I wish the ref wouldn't have stopped it when he did so that Ward could have scored a more blatant knockout a few seconds later.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
                  That fight was so awesome. Ward put on a beautiful performance. I wish the ref wouldn't have stopped it when he did so that Ward could have scored a more blatant knockout a few seconds later.
                  I hear that...it was coming...kov was taking a knee within seconds in the best case scenario

Comment

its great too how Kov has bounced back from that loss.

Comment

Working...
                    X