No announcement yet.

Which Boxer is Steve Fox after?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Boxer is Steve Fox after?

In Tekken, there is a boxer name Steve Fox. He performs tons of moves which are realistic compared to other characters and it got me interested in finding out which boxer inspired his style of boxing as well as character.

i don't know but Steve,Christie and King are my favorite tekken characters

Comment

I don't think he's based on any boxer. He has multiple characteristics, which can be shown by your mastery of his moves.

He has triple left hooks, a sorta dempsey roll combo, he can move his hand position to a shell style. He seems like an all around boxer but more of a boxer-puncher I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
        I don't think he's based on any boxer. He has multiple characteristics, which can be shown by your mastery of his moves.

He has triple left hooks, a sorta dempsey roll combo, he can move his hand position to a shell style. He seems like an all around boxer but more of a boxer-puncher I guess.
        The video is not mine but I have mastered Steves moves through arcade controler.

According to wiki, he is suppose to be a homage to Hajime No Ippo. But then again, some of the HNI characters are based on real life japanese boxers who are not well known outside their nation.

So I thought perhaps Steve might be based on a local boxer in England who may not be famous but very skilled and physicaly strong. Thats why I felt like I needed to ask.

Comment

I still want to know!

Comment

he fights like tommy hearns, mike Tyson, roy jones, and sugar ray robinson he takes all of their fighting styles

Comment

Originally posted by lanker rom View Post
              he fights like tommy hearns, mike Tyson, roy jones, and sugar ray robinson he takes all of their fighting styles

True in regards to specific moves but for me, I see him a mix of Ricardo Lopez and Naseem Hamed. I say this because, like Ricardo, he has solid boxing stance and positioning of the body and over all boxing mechanic. Meanwhile he has Naseem's swaying and haymakers and switch hitting combos.

That being said, I see him showing Tommy Hearns stance as well as Mike Tyson hooks and Roy Jones counters but I don't see him doing anything that reminds me of Sugar Ray Robinson.

Comment

Working...
              X