Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biased ESPN does not include Floyd but Manny in top 100 most famous athletes list.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This list doesn't make sense. How is Anderson Silva so high on the list? Odell Beckham and JJ Watt are two of the biggest stars in the NFL yet they're last out of NFL athletes. Thiago Silva???? Phil Mickelson in the top 10??? I think a couple of dudes sat around and listed a bunch of people they liked.

Comment

I guess we know why Pac is the fighter of the decade. Even to this day he is still much loved all over the world while FLoyd needs to wish his cars and blings will give him the respect to get in that lucrative 100 lmao

PAC THE TRUE FACE OF BOXING

Comment

Originally posted by cheeseburger View Post
        It says how they determined it, I doubt Arum paid them off there are athletes I never even heard of on that list but are famous in their part of the country and other countries

Also it says there that its only for active athletes, Floyd was on the list last year at the 26 spot. I think they go off internet search and social media popularity.

Who are the most famous athletes on the planet? Ben Alamar, ESPN's director of analytics, devised a formula that combines endorsements with social media following and internet search popularity to create the ESPN World Fame 100 rankings. (Note: NA means either an athlete doesn't have an official account for a social media site or an accurate endorsement figure could not be confirmed.)
        Last edited by hectari; 05-31-2017, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
          Floyds fuming right now he takes these things really serious
          looooooooooooool this.

Comment

Does the list not include retired athletes?

Comment

Originally posted by cheeseburger View Post
              Ahh here we go, right on the methodology page

Retired athletes are not included. Therefore, popular stars such as Tony Romo (No. 70 in 2016) and Floyd Mayweather (No. 26 in 2016) are absent.
              http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...1__Methodology

No bias here
              Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 05-31-2017, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                He's retired. No one is more famous than Michael Jordan. He would be number 1 otherwise.
                Not really.

Football (the real one where people use their foot to move the ball) is the most popular sport in the world. A football player will be the most popular.

FYI. I dont play football. I believe MJ is the GOAT.

Comment

Working...
                X