Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Julius Indongo Dominates Ricky Burns To Unify WBA, IBF, IBO Belts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm just wondering, who actually thought Indongo looked good?
    I thought both fighters looked clumsy and hesitant, I've said it before about the 140lbs division and I'll say it once again, It is the weakest division in boxing and that fight last night was an absolute embarrassment the worst world title unification fight I've ever witnessed in my life.

I don't blame Indongo as much as Burns, but I still ain't impressed by Indongo he is cannon fodder for the likes of Crawford who is the only good fighter in the 140lbs division, THE ONLY GOOD FIGHTER!!
    Terence Needs to do himself the favour and move to 147lbs, he won't be taken seriously until he starts fighting good opponent which he hasn't done yet and he will continue to not do that remaining where he is at.

Comment

• Originally posted by sir ronni james View Post
      who is that judge giving burns four rounds??? was he away for a beer some time or already drunken??? shame on him
      I'd say that judge was the only one who scored the fight correctly, the rest were watching something completely different.

Indongo clearly won the fight, but it wasn't a 120-108 type of fight because Indongo was reaching and missing a lot in some rounds, I personally thought Burns did enough to take 3/4.
      The question is why does it bother you so much?
      Indongo was clearly handed the victory by all three judges.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red-Cyclone View Post
        I'm just wondering, who actually thought Indongo looked good?
        I thought both fighters looked clumsy and hesitant, I've said it before about the 140lbs division and I'll say it once again, It is the weakest division in boxing and that fight last night was an absolute embarrassment the worst world title unification fight I've ever witnessed in my life.

I don't blame Indongo as much as Burns, but I still ain't impressed by Indongo he is cannon fodder for the likes of Crawford who is the only good fighter in the 140lbs division, THE ONLY GOOD FIGHTER!!
        Terence Needs to do himself the favour and move to 147lbs, he won't be taken seriously until he starts fighting good opponent which he hasn't done yet and he will continue to not do that remaining where he is at.

It's not Crawford's fault he's so much better than everyone else at 140.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
          lol the crawford fans are going to build him up to be some real dangerous fighter so when crawford whoops him they can say 'OH MY GAAWD HE DESTROYED INDONGO' cause rest assured thats what crawford will do, it wont be competitive. indongos footwork looked awful and he was loading up on shots. burns wouldnt engage cause he had no power himself and indongo was twice the size. people say burns isnt a quitter but he pretty much jacked it in as soon as he went in for a couple of exchanges and realised indongo could crack a bit. indongo didnt look like some top fighter in there to me, not really sure what everyone else is watching.
          All you and the rest of the mutant GGG groupies do is over hype everybody Gennady fights. Deep throating this ridulous belt quest he's been on chasing the likes of David Lemieux and Billy Joe Saunders. Ironically, a Crawford-Indongo fight would fulfill the "all the belts" commentary we've been hearing from GGG, his team, and his ridiculous fans over the last couple years. Seems like y'all would be the main ones applauding and ready to shell out Floyd-Manny type money to see it.

Comment

exactly how i see it ^ agree with all of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
              It's not Crawford's fault he's so much better than everyone else at 140.
              Agree, not his fault, but he is a fairly big man I think he could beat a Thurman so why not go to 147?

Comment

Irrelevant at best, especially from the comfort of your keyboard!

From a virtual UNKNOWN to holding 3 coveted belts in the space of a year is quite the accomplishment.

One thing is certain. He has made a lot of "experts" eat a healthy dose of CROW....TWICE...flaws and all!!

No controversy at all.

Should be on the short list for fighter of the year.

Last year he was unknown. This year he is KNOWN.

Not bad for a "clumsy and hesitant" fighter.

My kind of fighter. You can keep the prima donnas!!

Comment

• Originally posted by slimPickings View Post
                  Irrelevant at best, especially from the comfort of your keyboard!

From a virtual UNKNOWN to holding 3 coveted belts in the space of a year is quite the accomplishment.

One thing is certain. He has made a lot of "experts" eat a healthy dose of CROW....TWICE...flaws and all!!

No controversy at all.

Should be on the short list for fighter of the year.

Last year he was unknown. This year he is KNOWN.

Not bad for a "clumsy and hesitant" fighter.

My kind of fighter. You can keep the prima donnas!!
                  O'Hara would beat this guy easily, this title reign will be short lived I know what I'm watching, he's nothing too special, tbh I reckon Troy would beat him in a rematch.

Comment

• Crawford should move up to 147, he is strong and far better than all these guys.

Comment

I'd say that judge was the only one who scored the fight correctly, the rest were watching something completely different.

Indongo clearly won the fight, but it wasn't a 120-108 type of fight because Indongo was reaching and missing a lot in some rounds, I personally thought Burns did enough to take 3/4.
                      The question is why does it bother you so much?
                      Indongo was clearly handed the victory by all three judges.
                      Dave Coldwell (Bellew's trainer -- who scored the fight for Sky) also gave Indongo all the rounds...

Comment

Working...
                      X