Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People need to make up their mind about jabs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
    Jabs are important but power punches are supposed to count more. And theres different kinds of jabs
    Tell em fam GGG jabs count like power punches

Comment

GGG's jab was snapping Danny's head back like a Pez dispenser. Too bad GGG abandoned it for long stretches of the fight because he was killing Danny with it when he was throwing it.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
        Good points. See if you can point out the posters that contradicted themselves with their opinions on those fights.
        Too many to name across too much time. And those are just examples, there's tons more.

Canelo/Lara
        Canelo/Trout
        Quillin/Lee
        Hamed/Barrera
        Jones/Tarver 1
        Hopkins/Calzaghe

On and on.

I'm just sick in general of so-called boxing fans not calling a spade a spade. The jab is an effective punch, period. It's not always about power punches, and if your jab is nullifying your opponent, you shouldn't be criticized for not playing rock-em-sock-em.

If you're going to criticize the jab then do it equally. In that case your boy Golovkin got beat last night because all he did was jab, like all these other fighters who did nothing but jab. Right?

OR

Guys like Mayweather, Peterson, Thurman, Bradley, Lara, etc. put on masterclasses and won their fights clearly due to an effective jab nullifying their opponents' offense, in which case Golovkin won the fight with a more effective jab.

Pick one and be consistent.

Comment

It was a good jab when Lil g threw it; but, that fight wasn't controlled by a jab.

Jacobs controlled things with his ring generalship and movement.

Folks need to go back and watch the Murray fight to realize just how well Danny neutralized Lil g last night.

Comment

Only Wards jabs count

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
              It was a good jab when Lil g threw it; but, that fight wasn't controlled by a jab.

Jacobs controlled things with his ring generalship and movement.

Folks need to go back and watch the Murray fight to realize just how well Danny neutralized Lil g last night.
              This is my point. Exactly my point.

People here are inconsistent. First it's "GGG controlled with the jab". Then it's "GGG's jabs are like power punches and that's why he won". Then it's "GGG's jabs did more damage".

There are TWO measures. It's a power punch or a jab, and you connect or you don't. There is no "Fighter A punched with X force" measure.

Then what pisses me off is they'll say this crap about the Golovkin fight yet when you look at Chocolatito who looked like he was in a 9AM car crash after Rungvisai, it's like "Choco got robbed doe"

I'm sick of the inconsistency! If you want to grade outcomes based on facial damage, Chocolatito got exposed THREE times and should have lost THREE times.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                This is my point. Exactly my point.

People here are inconsistent. First it's "GGG controlled with the jab". Then it's "GGG's jabs are like power punches and that's why he won". Then it's "GGG's jabs did more damage".

There are TWO measures. It's a power punch or a jab, and you connect or you don't. There is no "Fighter A punched with X force" measure.

Then what pisses me off is they'll say this crap about the Golovkin fight yet when you look at Chocolatito who looked like he was in a 9AM car crash after Rungvisai, it's like "Choco got robbed doe"

I'm sick of the inconsistency! If you want to grade outcomes based on facial damage, Chocolatito got exposed THREE times and should have lost THREE times.

Agree with this.

And as far as damage, you have some guy that puff up when the wind blows.

Hell, I think Mora put a few lumps on Jacobs and we KNOW he can't punch much.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                  By that logic, Golovkin lost last night.
                  he did.......

Comment

Not all jabs are the same, Golovkin's was far more superior than Jacobs'.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                      Agree with this.

And as far as damage, you have some guy that puff up when the wind blows.
                      And girls. Look at Ronda Rousey. One punch and she looks like she's been domestically abused.

Comment

Working...
                      X