Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Canelo pull a PPV card on his own?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, he can pull one on his own. I wouldn't buy it simply because he'd be fighting another JWW or WW instead of Erislandy Lara or a middleweight. Trout is arguably the only legit JMW he has fought.

Comment

Showtime said it themselves after the Trout vs. Canelo fight. "I think this will be the last time we see Canelo fight for free."

Comment

Yes. If Canelo-Ortiz/Kirkland/Williams didn't land on the same day as Martinez-Chavez I would of bought that PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          LOL GBP made Canelo and Floyd. How many Floyd undercards has the kid fought on? You do know the guy was a star at 20 in Mexico right?
          if was such a big star in mexico why did he come over? I never heard of him till I saw him on a May card.

Comment

Yes, he could. His fanbase is absolutely huge, and if guys like Pacquiao and Tyson could headline successful PPVs against the likes of Joshua Clottey and Peter McNeeley, you'd be an idiot to think that Alvarez couldn't do the same.

If this (Mayweather/Alvarez) was Alvarez/Martinez or Alvarez/Cotto I'm pretty sure it'd be it's own PPV headliner.

Comment

Yes but he has to have a legit opponent,,,,,

canelo vs gomez, or mosely wouldnt have gotten my money,,

but him vs angulo, williams, even ortiz would have been a decent ppv,,,
              I really dont want to pay 60-75 bucks for it but 45 would be cool

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                Yes, he could. His fanbase is absolutely huge, and if guys like Pacquiao and Tyson could headline successful PPVs against the likes of Joshua Clottey and Peter McNeeley, you'd be an idiot to think that Alvarez couldn't do the same.

If this (Mayweather/Alvarez) was Alvarez/Martinez or Alvarez/Cotto I'm pretty sure it'd be it's own PPV headliner.
                Pacquiao had been established in the US for half a decade fighting the likes of Morales and Marquez before Clottley. Tyson was a special star, obviously his drawing power outshines Canelo quite easily so I think it's a little poor comparison. Especially as it was his first fight post jail.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  Yes but he has to have a legit opponent,,,,,

canelo vs gomez, or mosely wouldnt have gotten my money,,

but him vs angulo, williams, even ortiz would have been a decent ppv,,,
                  I really dont want to pay 60-75 bucks for it but 45 would be cool
                  lets put it this way, canelo-floyd is bigger than cotto-floyd...
                  why is this fight getting at least twice the numbers than the guerrero fight..?
                  unless floyd has 1 million of new fans from nowhere...

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                    lets put it this way, canelo-floyd is bigger than cotto-floyd...
                    why is this fight getting at least twice the numbers than the guerrero fight..?
                    unless floyd has 1 million of new fans from nowhere...
                    Well not everyone wants to pay $70 to watch Floyd beat up someone who's got no chance. Canelo is in this fight so it's built up way more - more casuals will be drawn in.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      Pacquiao had been established in the US for half a decade fighting the likes of Morales and Marquez before Clottley. Tyson was a special star, obviously his drawing power outshines Canelo quite easily so I think it's a little poor comparison. Especially as it was his first fight post jail.
                      I think you seriously underestimate Canelo's popularity. September 14th you'll see nothing but Mexican flags in the audience.

Comment

Working...
                      X