Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holy Crap! Anyone Remember David Reid? What a sad story

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember when Reid made pre victory t shirts before the Tito fight, claiming he would defeat tito. Dude even dropped Tito in their fight, if i recall correctly. His eye sucked balls. It would swell and close after a few blows. Damn he could have been a much better fighter with a normal eye. Life is a b1tch.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Fan123 View Post
      A sad story. Was his eye problem congenital or a result of fighting?
      He just had a droopy eyelid without even being hit. Crazy never seen this before in a fighter.

Comment

Sad story. He was rushed into the Trinidad fight, but so was Vargas.

Comment

What's saddest is how people still see Tito as a great KO puncher despite his ****ed up handwraps. Hopkins laughed off his power after they came off. He's a ***** and should be remembered that way. How scumbags like Berto Peterson Trinidad go to bed at night is beyond wonderment

Comment

The right hand he dropped Trinidad with was a rocket. One of my favorite all time punches.

Comment

I remember this story. Very sad.

Comment

I feel bad, but at least he has a roof.

Comment

It broke my heart reading that....very sad!!!!!...Dream was always kinda introverted...but this is extreme

I remember being in tears when B Hop knocked out Tito screaming to my dad and big bro "that's for Dream" lol...David Reid along with a handful of others makes me feel proud to be from North Philly...real talk!!!

Comment

Originally posted by thesenuts View Post
                    It's sad but it's not THAT sad. This dude is a grown man, not some teenager. He makes his own decisions.

Let the man be
                    That's what I was thinking, yes it's sad but the guy earned millions in the span of only a few years, he should have looked after his money, not many people earn the popularity, fame, championships and money that he earned in less than 20 professional bouts. He got beat up by an ATG, if he can't handle it then oh well.

Comment

I use to love Reid,sad story for sure..I always thought him and Vargas was rushed and paid dearly for it..Sad no doubt..

Comment

Working...
                      X