Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto, Castillo, Corrales: Who has the better resume/wins???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    Gomez beat Castillo and Gatti when they were DONE.

It's like giving Canelo credit for beating Baldomir and Mosley, they were absolutely done when he fought them and weren't legit fights at the time at all. Gomez literally never got a legit win.

Gainer and Manfredy > Gomez and Pinto easily

Those two were actually former Top 10 fighters in their weight classes, Pinto and Gomez weren't.
    ..i guess, floyd fought genaro when he was done aswell.... pinto was top 10 in the wbo rankings when cotto fought him

pinto = manfreddy

Comment

Castillo........

Comment

They're all pretty damn close TBH. But I'd probably give the slight edge to Cotto considering his span the space of 3 weight classes & a few were bruisers.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
          ..i guess, floyd fought genaro when he was done aswell.... pinto was top 10 in the wbo rankings when cotto fought him

pinto = manfreddy
          We're talking RING rankings. Manfredy and Gainer had been Top 10 before in RING rankings. Pinto and Gomez NEVER were.

Manfredy beat a prime Gatti once upon a time, and was the #2 SFW once upon a time in 1998. Gainer was also a title holder and a Top 10 fighter in his weight classes for several years.

Genaro wasn't done when Floyd fought him.....that's like saying Hatton was done when Pac fought him, not true. Genaro had never lost at 130 and was the lineal SFW champ when that fight happened, just like Hatton had never lost at 140 and was the lineal JWW champ when Pac got to him. Genaro only lost at 135 to Oscar, just like Hatton only lost to 147 to Floyd. Genaro was NOT done when that fight happened, and it was seen a HUGE step up for Mayweather at the time.

Comment

Castillo was done by the time he lost those fights......that's like holding Ali losing to Holmes and Berbick against him.

Castillo's wins over Corrales, Johnston, and Casamayor > every single Cotto win aside from Mosley, which some felt Cotto lost.

Corrales' wins over Castillo and Casamayor > same thing as above

Cotto's best wins are Mosley, Clottey, and Judah. That's not saying much.
            I respectful disagree with your comparison. so it's okay not to judge Castillo for his Gomez lost but fine to bash Cotto to bits and piece for lets say the trout fight? That's preposterous!! Cotto's last for opponents shyt all over castillo's resume. with the exception if the late great Corrales. I still Believe Miguel has fought the big better names. then again that's my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by codey View Post
              I respectful disagree with your comparison. so it's okay not to judge Castillo for his Gomez lost but fine to bash Cotto to bits and piece for lets say the trout fight? That's preposterous!! Cotto's last for opponents shyt all over castillo's resume. with the exception if the late great Corrales. I still Believe Miguel has fought the big better names. then again that's my opinion.
              I personally don't believe you'll find too many people willing to bash Cotto over Trout. There are a lot of people on this site that quite frankly have no business saying a damn thing about Cotto facing Trout.

Comment

Castillo
                Corrales
                Cotto

Simply based on wins,its actually pretty simple

Comment

Originally posted by codey View Post
                  Well Castillo arguably beat one of Cotto's last four opponents....

I can guarantee you that you probably didn't watch the sport when Johnston, Casamayor, and Lazcano were in their primes at 135.

Castillo's wins > Cotto's wins

And Castillo wasn't a legit fighter in 3-4 years by the time of Gomez fight. Cotto was still the #1 ranked fighter at 154 as recently as 9 months ago. It's not even close to the same thing.

Comment

We're talking RING rankings. Manfredy and Gainer had been Top 10 before in RING rankings. Pinto and Gomez NEVER were.

Manfredy beat a prime Gatti once upon a time, and was the #2 SFW once upon a time in 1998. Gainer was also a title holder and a Top 10 fighter in his weight classes for several years.

Genaro wasn't done when Floyd fought him.....that's like saying Hatton was done when Pac fought him, not true. Genaro had never lost at 130 and was the lineal SFW champ when that fight happened, just like Hatton had never lost at 140 and was the lineal JWW champ when Pac got to him. Genaro only lost at 135 to Oscar, just like Hatton only lost to 147 to Floyd. Genaro was NOT done when that fight happened, and it was seen a HUGE step up for Mayweather at the time.
                    you maybe right but i noticed you did'nt include chop chop corley , randall bailey and carlos maussa for cotto ..those are 3 good wins for cotto esp that you included manfreddy for chico

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                      you maybe right but i noticed you did'nt include chop chop corley , randall bailey and carlos maussa for cotto ..those are 3 good wins for cotto esp that you included manfreddy for chico
                      Ehhhh maybe Maussa, he upset Vivian Harris once upon a time. What did Randall Bailey ever do, aside from KO an unproven Mike Jones??? He was also coming off losing his last 3 important fights when Cotto fought him.

Ehhh I guess Corley was alright, but he was coming off the loss to Mayweather at the time.

Comment

Working...
                      X