Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What makes a boxer great-Their boxing record or the unforgettable battles they fought

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes a boxer great-Their boxing record or the unforgettable battles they fought

Example: Gatti vs Ward
    I personally didn't care who had the best record
    but those where battles you could never forget
    I consider them both warriors that brought excitement
    to the sport.
    Pacquiao vs Marquez
    Especially that third one depending How you look at
    It,I believe Marquez won but he got a lost on his record
    to me battle between them makes Marquez and Pacquiao
    great warriors.
    Now:
    Mayweather, Chavez jr and Canelo all three undefeated but
    what battle can you recall that they fought that makes them warriors.
    Last edited by -jose-; 04-13-2012, 12:51 PM.

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
    Example: Gatti vs Ward
    I personally didn't care who had the best record
    but those where battles you could never forget
    I consider them both warriors that brought excitement
    to the sport.
    Pacquiao vs Marquez
    Especially that third one depending Howe you look at
    It,I believe Marquez won but he got a lost on his record
    to me battle between them makes Marquez and Pacquiao
    great warriors.
    Now:
    Mayweather, Chavez jr and Canelo all three undefeated but
    what battle can you recall that they fought that makes them warriors.
    So because Floyd beat everyone handily, aside from the first Castillo fight, he's mentioned in the same sentence with Julio and Canelo???

That's ridiculous. Castillo took Floyd life and death the first fight, and it was close. Oh and Jose Luis Castillo was pretty damn good, it's not like he was a scrub, he was the best LW of his era, and beat the likes of Bazan, Johnston, Corrales, Casamayor, Lazcano, etc.

Comment

Gatti and Ward can have all the battles they want, that doesn't make them greater than an Andre Ward or a Bernard Hopkins

Comment

A great fight involves two people, not one, and neither have to be great. You are judged by who and when you fought.

Comment

For me it would be their battles, But some fighters are soooo good that they win easily without getting into a battle, Thats greatness....Been Undefeated doesnt mean you havent been involve in battles,tests, risks or whatever and it also doesnt mean that you beat all the top competition.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
            So because Floyd beat everyone handily, aside from the first Castillo fight, he's mentioned in the same sentence with Julio and Canelo???

That's ridiculous. Castillo took Floyd life and death the first fight, and it was close. Oh and Jose Luis Castillo was pretty damn good, it's not like he was a scrub, he was the best LW of his era, and beat the likes of Bazan, Johnston, Corrales, Casamayor, Lazcano, etc.
            You right I'll rephrase that to one battle against Castillo,
            and the other 41?

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
              You right I'll rephrase that to one battle against Castillo,
              and the other 41?
              So because he beat Genaro, Manfredy, Vargas, Corrales, C. Hernandez, Chavez, Castillo II, Sosa, Gatti, Judah, Hatton, Marquez, Mosley, Ortiz, and others rather easily.....he's punished???? Okay......

You never forget timeless battles, whether it's between Ali and Frazier, or Gatti and Ward. That doesn't mean Gatti or Ward will be more remembered or greater than someone like Floyd or Bernard Hopkins.

We'll remember Floyd for his incredible skill and dominance in 5 weight classes, one of the best to ever fight. We'll remember Pacquiao for his incredible skill, explosive offense, and jumping from Flyweight all the way to Welterweight, and one of the best to ever do fight, especially in this era.

Enough said.
              Last edited by 4Corners; 04-13-2012, 01:08 PM.

Comment

record

we're measuring how good and accomplished fighters are not how memorable they are

Comment

Roy Jones, Pernell Whitaker and Floyd Mayweather are the best boxers ever

Don't hate because they don't get touched

Comment

Gatti/Ward had epic battles but i dont think that makes them great boxers

Comment

Working...
                    X