No announcement yet.

I felt SO sharp today in sparring!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I felt SO sharp today in sparring!

I'm getting ready for a big tournament in September.

Sparred 4, 3 minute rounds today, didn't feel tired at all. I felt so sharp it's not even funny lol. Today is probably the first time in over 6 months I've sparred on a day I had off. Usually I'm going to the gym right when I get out of class or when I get out of work. I rested all day, ate right, felt like a million bucks.

I sparred two different guys. One kid my weight, and one heavier. I didn't even get hit....like at all, a few grazing shots. I was throwing quick combos, countering with like 3 punch combos. Head/ body...everything. I started getting so confident that by my third round sparring I was really getting off with some nice combos. I was having so much fun I wasn't even thinking about getting tired. I wanted to keep sparring after 4 by my partners didn't lol. Then I did a little work out after sparring.

But man I feel great I'm so happy lol. I'm ready to destroy everyone in this tournament!

Originally posted by RTS View Post

Sparred 4, 3 minute rounds today, didn't feel tired at all. I felt so sharp it's not even funny lol. Today is probably the first time in over 6 months I've sparred on a day I had off. Usually I'm going to the gym right when I get out of class or when I get out of work. I rested all day, ate right, felt like a million bucks.

I sparred two different guys. One kid my weight, and one heavier. I didn't even get hit....like at all, a few grazing shots. I was throwing quick combos, countering with like 3 punch combos. Head/ body...everything. I started getting so confident that by my third round sparring I was really getting off with some nice combos. I was having so much fun I wasn't even thinking about getting tired. I wanted to keep sparring after 4 by my partners didn't lol. Then I did a little work out after sparring.

But man I feel great I'm so happy lol. I'm ready to destroy everyone in this tournament!
    just dont get too over confident. im sure there will be someone with the ability to put you in your place so dont let them.

Comment

Originally posted by The HayeMaker View Post
      just dont get too over confident. im sure there will be someone with the ability to put you in your place so dont let them.
      I'm not over confident. But I feel great. I really put it all together today. I honestly feel like I have brought myself to the next level. I'm not being cocky or over confident but I'm feeling great going into this tournament. And I still have another month to prepare.

Comment

good to hear man. what's your training like? what do you do for strength and conditioning? by the way, Cotto has no loss on his record he is undefeated....

Comment

Originally posted by FLYBOY View Post
          good to hear man. what's your training like? what do you do for strength and conditioning? by the way, Cotto has no loss on his record he is undefeated....
          Training is INTENSE. My trainer is nuts lol. He was a good fighter, Ray Oliveira, beat guys like Vivian Harris and Vince Phillips, lose to guys like Vernon Forrest and Ricky Hatton. But if you know anything about him, he was known for his very high workrate and throwing tons of punches. Train with him one day and you will see why lol.

He has us doing different drills like everyday. It's awesome. This week I did a lot of plyometrix I think it's called. Do different drills on the bag. We lift these pipe things. He has us lift weights, lots of reps with light weight. Dudes no joke but he keeps training interesting.

Comment

good to hear man, i hope you do well in the tourney

Comment

a good sparring session can definitely get your confidence going, but how do you know your sparring partners weren't just going easy on you, or pulling their punches? but being sharp and relaxed is a good sign.

Comment

Originally posted by bbos View Post
                a good sparring session can definitely get your confidence going, but how do you know your sparring partners weren't just going easy on you, or pulling their punches? but being sharp and relaxed is a good sign.
                They definitely were not going easy. They weren't way larger than me or more experienced. One kid was my weight and one just one weigh class above me. They are also getting ready for the same tournament I'm fighting in. Plus they were trying to hit like hell at first but I made them not want to throw punches anymore. I've sparred both of them many times. Usually I do very well but I don't throw as many punches and I tend to get tired. That was not the case at all today. Like I said in a previous post, I think I brought myself to the next level.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlin26 View Post
                  good to hear man, i hope you do well in the tourney
                  thanks buddy

Comment

Training is INTENSE. My trainer is nuts lol. He was a good fighter, Ray Oliveira, beat guys like Vivian Harris and Vince Phillips, lose to guys like Vernon Forrest and Ricky Hatton. But if you know anything about him, he was known for his very high workrate and throwing tons of punches. Train with him one day and you will see why lol.

He has us doing different drills like everyday. It's awesome. This week I did a lot of plyometrix I think it's called. Do different drills on the bag. We lift these pipe things. He has us lift weights, lots of reps with light weight. Dudes no joke but he keeps training interesting.
                    Plyometrics, plyos rock for increasing your body's overall abilities .

Good luck on your tournament man!

Comment

Working...
                    X