Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Legend vs The Champ, is this the ongoing trend now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Legend vs The Champ, is this the ongoing trend now?

Just recently it's used in the Pacquiao vs Jessie Vargas fight which was billed as The Legend vs The Champ.

Now Anthony Joshua is using the same line:

Anthony Joshua: “It is the perfect time for me to move up another step and contest my heavyweight championship belt against one of the legends of our sport. There is no doubt this will be a titanic battle with a huge amount on the line, just like every fight, but when I enter the ring I will be prepared for victory as I have been with all my other fights. The legend against the champ – it’s time to write history.”

Wladimir Klitschko: “I’m looking forward to this fight of the year, just like boxing fans all around the world. This is the first time in a decade that I’m the challenger again. I will fight against a champion who I consider the best of the young generation. Basically experience will take on youth. This makes this fight that unique. I will be ready for the challenge!”

Comment

Because It would reminiscent the fights of Past Prime Legends vs Hungry Potential ATG Lions. A lot of legends have failed, Ali hasfailed, SRL have failed the test and SRR have failed the test of these types.
      And In the heavyweight, young ones usually wins. It could be like Rocky Marciano-Joe Louis/Ali-Holmes or it could be sucessful and be a Lewis-Klitschko/Foreman-Moorer where the legends won.

Comment

Anymore upcoming Legend vs Champ (or Young Hungry Lion) fights?

Next weekend's B-Hop vs Joe Smith fight is one...

Comment

Working...
        X