Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people act like Floyd is in a league of his own?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    How can you be serious? ODH, shane, cotto and Manny all waited to fight Floyd. ODH and Shane because Floyd at that time was high risk, no reward. Cotto because he was at ringside and watched Floyd v Gatti (rip). Manny, we saw on May 2nd why he waited.

Come on man, I get you can hold Floyd accountable for not giving Manny what he wanted to make the fight earlier, but the other 3 guys you can't really be serious.
    The circus surrounding Pacquiao's supposed injured shoulder makes it clear to most that Arum and company caused the delay and cannot be trusted. The whole debacle was comical with them not knowing when it was hurt or even where it was hurt. Arum and Roach coaching Paquiao what to say about the injury on live TV at the post fight presser removed all doubt as to why the fight didn't get made years earlier. They literally had to correct him on what part of the body his injury was at.
    Last edited by Johnny2x2x; 06-03-2015, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      How can you be serious? ODH, shane, cotto and Manny all waited to fight Floyd. ODH and Shane because Floyd at that time was high risk, no reward. Cotto because he was at ringside and watched Floyd v Gatti (rip). Manny, we saw on May 2nd why he waited.

Come on man, I get you can hold Floyd accountable for not giving Manny what he wanted to make the fight earlier, but the other 3 guys you can't really be serious.
      Come on Brotha

Floyd is the most powerful man in boxing are you telling me he couldn't have made those fights sooner ?

Leoanrd fought them all yeah he waited on Hagler but Hagler wasn't in his late 30's neither was Ray ..

As far as Cotto ok I'll give you that as he said he wasn't ready for Floyd but Oscar was pretty much shot as was Mosley by they time Floyd fought em ..This is why I can't put Floyd and Ray in the same sentence or even rank them close to each other ..Floyds fights above 130 for the most part are a joke ..His Resume at 140 is atrocious ! Then. At WW finally gets Manny but who else is there Maidana twice Marquez who never really had success outside of Manny at WW ..Ortiz Gurrero ? Really is this close to Hearns ,Benitez ,Duran or Hagler ? I mean really ?

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
        He manages to make A and B level fighters look like D level scrubs. He neutered an ATG fighter in Pac. The only one near that level against that level of opponent is Rigo. Floyd deserves to be in a league of his own because he's done it for 19 years.
        I think you meant to say Andre Ward

Comment

• Because he is

He is head and shoulders the best fighter of his era....from 1995-2015 he has made more money in the ring than any other fighter, won more championship fights than anyone else, is tied for most lineal titles in different weight classes all time, beat most of all the hall of famers in his era, near his weight....Pacquaio, ODLH, Mosley, Cotto, Hatton, Castillo, Corrales, Genaro Hernandez, Gatti....he is in a league of his own, in his era...no fighter is close....sorry Pac Fanatics, he never was on his level

Comment

• Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
            Ok, this is kinda a stupid intro since I posed the question. The man is a great boxer and is undefeated for so many years, true! remarkable career.. but... people make it seem like skill wise there is nothing else remotely close to him in boxing today.

I think Rigondeaux, Gonzales, Lomachenko and Ward all have ATG skills too and are not that far off him at all.
            There are numerous comments that I could make about this post. However, I will simply make this one. Regardless of what you think of Floyd Mayweather, it is an indisputable fact that no one has fought the level of competition that Floyd has fought in his last 12 fights. Everyone Floyd has fought in his last 12 fights have either been world champions at 147 or 154, a number one contender in Robert Guerrero or, in the case of Marquez, a world champion moving up in weight.

No other fighter on the planet can say that, in their last 12 fights, they have fought nine world champions (10 if you include the second fight against Maidana), one number one contender at their weight class and one world champion moving up in weight.

That is what puts Floyd in a league of his own.

Comment

• Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
              There are numerous comments that I could make about this post. However, I will simply make this one. Regardless of what you think of Floyd Mayweather, it is an indisputable fact that no one has fought the level of competition that Floyd has fought in his last 12 fights. Everyone Floyd has fought in his last 12 fights have either been world champions at 147 or 154, a number one contender in Robert Guerrero or, in the case of Marquez, a world champion moving up in weight.

No other fighter on the planet can say that, in their last 12 fights, they have fought nine world champions (10 if you include the second fight against Maidana), one number one contender at their weight class and one world champion moving up in weight.

That is what puts Floyd in a league of his own.
              you know its a lot of hate for him out their, when he clearly has fought the most rigorous competition since his comeback and people still say he ducked this person or is scared of this person......his competition has been the best in boxing and its not close

The last time he fought someone that wasn't a former/current/future champion was Henry Bruseles waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in January of 2005.....he fights a champion caliber fighter or top ten contender every time out......he is in a league of his own

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                Nobody thinks hes in a league of his won. If he was in league of his own why did Cotto think Pac would beat Floyd? Why did Maidana think Pac would beat Floyd? Because Maidana didn't think FLoyd was that good and was overated.

As a businessman he is in a class all by himself.
                Where you getting this b.s. from? Maidana said Manny couldn't beat Floyd.

Comment

• Never beat an ATG in his prime. Always pre/post..

Comment

• Originally posted by PorterIsFuture View Post
                    Never beat an ATG in his prime. Always pre/post..
                    That is just the excuses haters use to discredit his victories. The guys are always prime/ or at least skilled world champions before Floyd faces them. After he beats them they weren't that good.

Comment

Working...
                    X